Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  14:14:20  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC: WHAT DID I MISS!!! I had no idea I was the first victim, either! SNERK!!! YOu are so funny Pidge! I LOVE IT! Oh and everyone else...great job! Pet that sounds just like Apple...

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  15:12:09  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess knew she couldn't be silent any longer. Kit had told her not to say anything, but Bess knew she had to. The memories of the war kept going through her mind. She remembered how the Confederacy burned their family home. Just because her father felt he was doing something right. She and her mother had been forced to leave and go live with her grandmother. It was then Bess started running away and learned her nursing skills. And she'd learned it all from Kit. Kit had told her repeatedly to keep her mouth shut, but Bess wasn't going to. Not anymore.

She had to talk to Kit one more time, alone.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  17:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bosley falls deeper and deeper into sleep.

The judge is speaking. Known as "The Hanging Judge," he is giving final directions to the jury. Bosley feels a feminine hand rest on his. He looks up into the soft brown eyes of Kitana Montgomery. He notices that she has a wedding ring on her third finger, left hand. She kisses his cheek and says, "Thank you, darling. That was a wonderful defense. Perhaps there is hope."

He is shocked. He, Bosley Cranston? The defense lawyer? And this couldn't possibly be. This strikingly beautiful creature sitting next to him calling him, "darling" must be his wife!!

"Wow!" he thinks to himself. "This is amazing."

"What is amazing, darling," asks Kitana.

Bosley shakes his head. "Ahh. Nothing. Nothing. Just waiting."

"Where did you find such fire in your gut to speak from? You had the jury mesmerized." Her eyes glisten. "The way you spoke of me...I could hardly believe it. Who would convict me now? The smartest thing I ever did was marry you. My hero." She turned his head towards her and kissed him on the lips holding his face in her soft hands.

Bosley's eyes widen. "Wow," he thinks to himself again.

Jeremy Pike re-enters the robe in judge's robes. Bosley asks out loud, "Why didn't anyone tell me that Jeremy Pike is known as The Hanging Judge? He won't let you hang. Whew! We're in the clear."

Kit looks at him and says, "Jeremy Pike? You mean, Judge Pike. He'd send his own mother up the river if he thought she deserved it."

Bosley looks at Kit confused. "Kit, Jeremy would never do anything like that. He's your friend. Another agent."

Before Kit could answer, the jury was called back in. When the Judge Pike asked if they had come to a decision, the foreman stood up and declared that they had. Bosley looks in astonishment because who was the foreman but...Artemus Gordon.

"Well, Kit, your worries are over. Why did they have us do all that work if Mr. Pike is the judge and Mr. Gordon was the foreman? You're clear, sweetheart."

"Mr. Cranston, you will please remain silent until spoken to," Jeremy barks at him.

Bosley folds his hands and sets them on the table expectantly.

The judge returns his attention to the jury. "Will the jury please render its verdict?"

Artemus hands a folded paper over to the clerk who carries it to the judge. Jeremy reads it and sets it down.

"Please tell the court your verdict."

Artemus clears his throat and says, "We the jury find Miss Kitana Montgomery innocent of all charges and as a side note...(he looks at Kit warmly) if she is at all free tonight, perhaps she would be willing to go to dinner with me followed by some dancing and maybe a walk in the moonlight?"

Bosley's face grows red. "She is married, Mr. Gordon!"

Artemus clears his throat again and continues. "We the jury find Miss Montgomery innocent of all charges; however, in the interests of resolving this terrible crime we hereby declare Bosley Cranston guilty of all charges. (and says quietly to Kit) I'll pick you up at 8 tonight" She nods.

Judge Pike bangs his gavel and says, "Death by hanging. Take the prisoner out to the gallows. Jury dismissed. Have a nice weekend."

Bosley's jaw drops. He feels the handcuffs on his right hand and looking up he sees Pidge. She is putting on the hangman's black hood over her head. Out of the corner of his eye he sees Artemus walk over to Kit and offer his arm. The two walk out of the courtroom heads together with his arm around her.

"No. No. This isn't right. I've got more paperwork to do. I'm supposed to be back in Washington doing my scientific research. I shouldn't even be here. You can't hang me. I didn't do anything..."

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:15:48  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess made her way in the church. She saw Kit and Apple talking. Bess came up behind Kit and put her hand on Kit's shoulder. Kit looked up and saw that it was Bess.

Bess'Kit, we need to talk, please.'
Kit shook her head.
Kit'Bess, I told you...'
Bess'Sorry to interupt you, but I cannot let them do this to you, please.'

Kit gets up and follows Bess to the chaplain's office, finally they can talk alone.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit looked at Bess "Bess are you ok? Your not feeling ill are you?"
Kit was worried about her friend and fellow agent.

Meanwhile Artemus smiled "Ladies if you will excuse I will make my leave hopefully what I have planned wont be needed."
He left the church and went back to his room to change making sure he wasn't followed.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:22:18  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OOC:PIDGY!!! Really, comedy is your calling! To think that Bosley Cranston, and that Arteless episode inspired you!...oh for Pete's sake that is hilarious!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:28:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bosley gets shaken awake. He opens his eyes and sees Pidge staring at him.

"ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

"Stop it, Bosley!! Shhh!!! Quiet!! Do you want them to hear you? Sheesh! I just wanted to tell you that I've hit upon the solution for Kit. Geesh! Don't make so much noise. They'll think we've been fighting. (she stops for a minute and thinks). You know. That's not a bad idea. That will explain why you had to sleep on the chair. (she grins). Good thinking, Bosley!"

Bosley's mouth just hangs open as he breathes heavily from exhaustion and fear.

"Now go to sleep. You look terrible."

Pidge climbs back into bed and smiles. "yeah. That's the ticket!"

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:35:03  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess signaled for Kit to sit down.

Bess'I'm fine,Kit, its you I'm worried about, Kit I cannot and will not let them do this to you. I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. You did a fine job out there and I learned everything from you. You never told on me,and I also owe you my life. You will let me testify. If you don't, I will testify anyway.'

Kit'Bess, I won't let you do this.'

Bess'I'm sorry, Kit, you have no choice.'

Kit'But the whole story is going to come out.'

Bess'What? That my father was a traitor to the south and hero for the North? I don't care. Everybody knows about it anyway and if they don't they will anyway.'

Kit looked at her and shook her head.

Bess'Sorry, no go, I'm with you every step of the way.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:46:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit smiled at Bess "Thank you my friend. It was not my place to tell your reasons or your age. Besides I was hiding and even bigger secret. Sorry I never told you during the war. So much was at stake. Now I am even wondering if maybe I wasn't wrong to do what I did."

The Rev Knocked on the door "It is time Dr. Montgomery."

Kit stood "well here goes nothing"

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  18:50:54  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess reached over and hugged her friend.

Bess'Sorry, but you're stuck with me, I'm going to testify.'

Bess opened the door for the chaplain and followed Kit out the door.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  19:01:05  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple and Pet stood side by side at the rear of the sanctuary, waiting for Bess and Kit. Pet shuffled around a bit, wanting to say something, but not sure what.

"So...what did Kit mean? About Gordon talking you into this job?" She eyed her partner curiously. Apple is surprised at the interest.

"Well, Artemus has been a friend for years. He and my brother are friends..." Apple cleared her throat, then continued. "I went on stage with him in a repetoire company back home. After he became an agent he recommended me to the bureau because of the way I could take on a whole new persona. He recommended both Kent and I."

"You've known Mr. Gordon a long time?" Pet asked, and Apple nodded. "Yes, we have been friends for a years. Family connections, that sort of thing." She feels terrible that she has never mentioned this to Pet before, and starts to tell her. Pet puts up a hand and looks away.

"Deb, don't worry about it. We all have things that we haven't told. That tidbit of information is nothing...nothing." Apple opens her mouth to speak, then thinks better of it, and shuts her mouth again. Her partner is going to be hard to get to know.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  19:23:20  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Bess walked out the door, she was met by Jeremy and Jim. They looked very suprised to see her come out with Kit.

Jim'I was wondering what happenend to you this morning.'

Bess'Jim, Jeremy, I need to talk to both of you for a moment. Rev hold up just a minute please.'

The Rev stopped for a moment while Kit looked on.

Bess'I'm going to testify, I was there with Kit.'

Jim and Jeremy looked at her in suprise.

Bess'I cannot and will not let them hang her, she saved too many lives including mine, because I was there. I ran away from home and helped out. I didn't care whether I lived or died, but she did. And I've got to do everything in my power to save her. Now I believe we have a court date gentlemen.'

Jim and Jeremy followed Bess and Kit out the door.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  19:28:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They meet Pet and Apple outside and Kit made her way down the steps she was humming the funeral march and noticed thier looks"What? just being practical is all." She looked at Pet and Apple they would make good partners, Bess would make a fine agent as well it seems Jim had taken her under his wing.

"Anyone know where Pidge and Cranston are at?" It was then she saw some people headed into the courthouse most of the women were wearing black. Kit just shook her head how was she ever going to get through to them.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  19:31:29  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Kit, positive, think positive. Please..." Apple implored her as they made their way to the courthouse.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  19:39:20  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess'You know now that I think about it, where are Pidge and Cranston?'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  19:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit looked at apple and smiled "sorry its how I deal with stress" She repeats outloud "think positive think positive... OK now what?"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  20:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge and Bosley are walking up the courtroom steps. They are following Colonel and Mrs. Franklin.

Mrs. Franklin is dressed in black while Pidge is dressed in orchid.

"Strange couple," she says to the Colonel. "See the bags under his eyes. And look at that dress she's wearing. I don't expect her to bring a black dress but really!!"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  21:38:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bosley is very tired. It wasn't so much that he slept in the chair but those very strange dreams he had made him jumpy. He kept looking at Pidge waiting for a black hood. And he sure wasn't feeling very good about seeing Pet or Kit. Especially Pet or Kit. Pet made him jump under normal situations. And Kit. Well, she was like a black widow. He shuddered.

Bosley saw Bess come walking toward him with Jim. He slunk down a little and walked on the other side of Pidge. Pidge looks at him strangely and grabs his arm to strengthen him. He looks up gratefully.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  07:13:23  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess took Pidge to the side for a moment.

Bess'Pidge what have you done to Bosley?'

Pidge'What do you mean?'

Bess'The poor man doesn't look like he had any sleep last night and he is looking at all of us real strange.'

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  08:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit walked into the courthouse and all the talking stopped. She didn't look at the mothers on the front two rows with there husbands or children. She sat at the table to the left of the room and waited quietly. The judge soon came in and everyone stood. Col Franklin and his wife were at the right witha sharply dressed man who Kit surmised to be the prosecuting lawyer. This was not th efirst time she had set in such a court room only then it was full of men in uniform. She shook that thought off the only thing that had spared her then was General Grant's testemoney and her promise.

"You may be seated." The judge spoke loudly but calmly "Where is your lawyer young woman?"
An older man came through the back obviously slightly drunk "Sorry your honor but I had a meeting to attend I am here now."
He sat down next to Kit and smiled she shook her head.
"Now then we shall begin. Lawyer McMullin Present your case."

"Yes your honor, I call my first witness Mrs. Gheezer"

And older woman with greying hair walked slowly toward the witness chair she sat solomnly as if her whole world had just come crashing down around her feet.

"Mrs Gheezer can you tell us in your own words why you are here?"

"I am here because my Grandson John was in the war. He was a good boy looked so much like his father, so great promise as a blacksmith which was his father's trade." she begain to tear up "He was shot during the war and because of the practices by that woman developed a infection and when she refused to treat him for the infection saying he was a coward and just didn't want to go back to his regement he died in pain and angony."

Kit looked at this woman and whispered "that is not what happened."

At this point her lawyer was already asleep at the table.
The judge looked at her laywer "Do you have any questions, no good. Thank you Mrs. Gheezer you are dismissed."

Kit stood "I would like to defend myself."

The judge glared at her "Sit down Miss. Montgomery."

"But your honor?!"

"I said sit down, or be removed from the courtroom."

Kit reluctantly sat down what else was she to do.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  10:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacksheepbrat64

Bess took Pidge to the side for a moment.

Bess'Pidge what have you done to Bosley?'

Pidge'What do you mean?'

Bess'The poor man doesn't look like he had any sleep last night and he is looking at all of us real strange.'

Pidge looked at Bosley and shrugged. "I really don't know. He had some nightmares." Bess looks at Pidge with widening eyes.

"And where were you, Missy?" she asks Pidge.

"In bed, where I belonged," Pidge answers with a laugh. Her eyes move quickly over to Mrs. Franklin who is listening in to the conversation.

"Bess, Bosley and I had a fight last night, if you must know. He can be so irritating sometimes, honestly! Well, anyways, I made him sleep in the chair. If he behaved himself he wouldn't have to so that's why had his nightmares." Pidge sticks her chin out with lips trembling.

Bess takes out a handkerchief and hands it to Pidge who dabs her eyes with it. "What did he do, Pidge?"

Pidge looks up with righteous anger and replies, "He said I was fat!"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  11:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bess pats Pidge comfortingly while glaring at Bosley. "He deserves the chair!!"

Mrs. Franklin turns away but not before Bess sees the gloating smile on her face.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  13:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They all walk into the courtroom and take a seat. The Colonel and Mrs. Franklin followed by Pidge and Bosley. Bosley removes his hat as he sits down next to Pidge. He looks around and decides that he is safe. There is another man sitting next to Kitana. An older man who is somewhat slumped over. Kitana looks really annoyed.

"Pidge," Bosley whispers to her. "I never said you were fat."

She leans in to him and whispers back, "I know. That was just a cover."

"Maybe a little padded in places."

She glares at him. "Let's not get carried away."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  13:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bosley looks around the courtroom. There are widows and mothers in mourning clothes. There are other spectators as well.

"Look," says Bess to Pidge and Bosley. "There is Dr. Von Bootervingers. He used to work with Kit in the war. This is good. Perhaps he will vouch for her."

Bosley studies the man. Bosley has a hidden talent that he has not revealed to anyone up to this point. He has an uncanny knack for...

"All rise!" The judge has returned to the courtroom.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  14:52:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit sat there dumbfounded, Kit turned to see the next witness walk up and she saw the hangman come trough the door oh great just great she thought he is early she missed the first part of the testemony but what she heard next was an out right lie.

"So what you are saying Mrs. Worthington is that the supply of medicine had indeeded reached the camp that winter of '63 Miss Montgomery refused to use it for the common soilders?"

"yes that is correct and becuse of that my husband died leaving me with 6 small children to raise."

Kit Stood up "That is a lie.."

"Sit down Miss Montgomery, I will not warn you again." Kit sat fuming she was being Railroaded and ther was nothng she could do about it. The Hangman would get his pay after all.

"Thank you Mrs. Worthington you may be excused." she stepped down and walked past Kit her eyes accusing her.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  14:58:34  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple sat with Pet in the rear of the courtroom, along with Bess, James, and Jeremy. Pet was fuming, as was Bess. Apple had no idea what was going on with Bess, but she knew her partner was not handling this trial well. Apple placed a hand on each of the women, hoping that they would understand that she understood their frustration.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  15:03:19  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess started to stand up and say something, but Jim yanked her back down in her seat.

'How dare you?' she said in a loud whisper.

Jim'Bess, you'll get your turn, don't blow it.'

Bess didn't like for someone to tell what her what to do. Even though they had become friends despite the Morgan issue, this was too much. She glared at him and got out of her seat anyway. She saw an empty seat by Bosley, and went over and sat by him.

Bosley thought he would pass out. Now that woman was sitting by him. Oh no! Was his nightmare about to come true?

Bess leaned over and whispered in Bosley's ear.

Bess'By the way Bosley, I heard what you said to Pidge. How dare you? You and I will talk about this later.'

Bosley froze. Was his nightmare coming true?

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  17:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A young man with something in his hand came into the courtroom and handed it to Col Franklin after reading it the Col goes to the judge and speaks with him. The Judge stands and looks at the Courtroom, "There will be a 30 minute recess while the prosacution handles and urgent matter."

Two deputies stood around Kit and the Col left in a hurry.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  19:12:45  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pet is furious. "What in blazes do they mean a THIRTY MINUTE recess?" she thunders. James tries to calm her, but she will have none of that. "No Mr. West! No way am I standing for this!"

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  19:15:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The courtroom was abuzz with wonder about this recess. Mrs. Franklin had hardly time to say goodbye to the Colonel before he up and left the room.

Bosley is scanning the room.

"Pidge," he says. "You know this Colonel is not all he claims to be."

Pidge looks at him and whispers back. "What do you mean, Bosley?"

"Well, I just noticed in the conversations we had back at his estate that although he wanted me to believe that he owned everything there...he wasn't telling the whole truth."

Pidge looks at him in wonder. "How do you know this?"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000