Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  23:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“Oh no, Deb, I have not underestimated you. I believe in keeping in my friends close and my enemies even closer. You and me, Deb, we’re gonna be like this,” Pet held up the first two fingers of her right hand and crossed them. Pet downed her drink and set the glass next to Apple’s.

“Now, what do you say we get this show on the road? I’m tired of sitting here waiting for this Jeremy Pike fellow…I say we go find him ourselves.”

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  23:07:00  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I have a feeling that if I said no that you would do it anyway. But if you are going to take the train you need to do it right," she looks long and hard at Pet. "You notice I said YOU, not WE."

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  23:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“I am willing to take full responsibility but you know something, Deb? You really ought to loosen up. All that stuffiness will make you explode.”

“Come on, I just looked out the window and saw Orrin leave for dinner, if we hurry we can leave the others a note and head Miner’s Rock.” Pet crossed to the desk and quickly wrote a note. She grabbed Apple’s hand and pulled her toward the engine.

When they reached the engine Pet began manipulating dials and switches and pulling the levers. She looked back at Apple and rolled her eyes.

“Lose the white gloves, Deb, you’re going to be shoveling the coal into the furnace. You’ll find gloves with the shovel.”

Apple: “How were you planning on leaving that note you wrote? Artemus and James will be livid with us.” Apple had come to accept her part in Pet’s little scheme.

“Simple,” Pet says as she reaches into her boot and pulls out a knife. Sticking the note on the blade as the train slowly begins its journey, Pet throws the knife out the window hitting the post on the siding.

Outside the train, Jim is giving Kit a tour and explaining some of the Wanderer’s more advanced features. Jim is leaning on the train while he explains the pipes running down the train’s side when he is suddenly tossed to the ground as the train picks up speed. He looks at Kit, anger prominent on his face. Kit merely shakes her head muttering something about Pet.

Jim reaches for a handhold on the train, touching a hot pipe he lets go. When he tries again all he can grab is air…the train is out of his reach. With a shout, they run down the tracks after the train.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  04:56:43  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On the stagecoach going toward town, Artie, Pidgeon, and Bess began talking.

Artie'Frances and Jennifer, you didn't buy out that whole dress shop did you?'
Pigeon'No, I believe we left a few things, Daddy.'
Bess'Daddy you wanted us to look our best didn't you Daddy?'

All three giggled at Bess's accent, it was pretty authentic.
Bess'Hey I've have had lots of practice at the accent and acting like a debutante, I ruined my mother's dreams and of course the war happend too.'
Artie'I was very sorry to hear about your father, I knew him from the war, he was a great hero.'
Bess'Yes, to the north, but not to the south. He never forgot what happened.'
Pidgeon spoke up.'Bess, I've heard of your father too, I know he passed away, but what happened?'
Bess'Dad didn't believe in slavery, we had them on the plantation, inherited from my mother's family. Daddy would always give them the option of going. He help other ones escape from other plantations, he did it undercover for years. When the war broke out, he went to fight for the union.'
Pidgeon'Your father was a brave man.'
Bess'Yes, well the Conferderate Army found out what my father did, and burned our house over our heads.'
Pidgeon'Bess, are you serious?'
Bess'Yes, luckily my grandmother lived in Virginia, so we moved there. Anyway enough about me what about you Pidgeon and you Artie?'

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  06:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidgeon became strangely quiet. She wasn't overly anxious about sharing her past with this stranger.

"Nothing spectacular about me. Just your run-of-the-mill school marm for five years, that's all. Got tired of reading adventures in books and decided to go out and live them."

Bess was curious. "Where do you hail from?"

Pidge smiled and played with her handbag a little. "New York State. State, mind you, not City....I'm a country girl."

Artie started whistling low. "Keep your eyes and ears open, girls. Looks like we got company."

Two riders were approaching. One man. One woman. They appeared to be together.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  06:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Made it to her horse and jumped on the stead, she losend the ones that were tied to the railing nad let them free. She saw Jim mount one but she was already on the trian. She climbed over the top and was halfway to the engine by the time Jim had made his way up the ladder she climbed over the fire box and dropped down beside Apple and Shoved Pet out of the way slowing the train down. She turned to Pet anger in her eyes. "Next time you decide to steal a train make sure there are no horses tied to the railing outside. So help me Pet if my horse is hurt in anyway you will have me to deal with. I can get past you blowing up the building Presiudent Grant was in But I will not Deal with you hurting Innocent animals." Kit applied the brakes and looked at Apple The train stopped. "And another thing, if you two had listened you would know we all were headed to miners rock and I hate stagecoach travel."

Jim came over the top of the coal box anger in his eyes "Just what do you think you are doing? Just because Grant says I have to deal with you does not mean you can steal my train." Jim pulled his gun he was tired of this and he didn't care what Grant did to him "You two back to the parlour car." Kit put the Engine in reverse and back it up to its previous spot where Orrin and hi crew were waiting mad that some hot head kept him from a warm meal something he got very little of.

Jim followed Apple and Pet gun cocked and at the ready. Kit looked at Orrin "Go Ahead Orrin she wont cause anymore problems" He nodded and they headed back to a quick dinner."

Kit came into the parlour just in time to see Jim put his Gun away "You actually think a hot head like you is going to get a chance to play in the lab. not on my watch or Artemus' watch once he hears about this. Young lady you need to learn some patience or that additude of yours is gonna get someone killed and not just you."

Kit walked over to Jim and looked at his burt hand she picked up a bag JIm had not seen earlier and swiftly bandaged it and put the bag back away Kit looked at Pet "Pet if you don't behave, I will tell them your true name."

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  06:56:52  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Once the four got back to the parlor car, Apple told Kitana just what she thought of the whole situation.

"Well Agent Montgomery, when you have been in the secret service longer than I have, or achieved a rank over me, you let me know what my punishment should be," Her Irish temper flared.

She turned to Jim. "I have no excuse for not being able to stop her, except that she is a formiddable woman. She was doing this with or without me, and partners do some stupid things, I hear." She cocked her head at him, her arms crossed, daring him to refute what she knew to be true of he and HIS partner. Working for 6 years in the Archives and Records Department of the Secret Service Library had earned her rank and a wealth of knowledge about the agents in the service, including Kitana Montgomery.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  07:33:20  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Artie,Bess and Pidgeon saw the couple ride on ahead. They seemed to be together and took what they looked liked as well as their horses. They had a feeling they would be seeing them in town.

Before the final stop at the hotel, Artie briefed the agents.
Artie'Remember dear daughters, Frances and Jennifer, we're from Kentucky on a holiday. There is a suite reserved for us. After we arrive, you two will go into town, and shop til you drop. This way, we can see if we get some counterfeit bills. I'll be checking out the local saloon. Remember act like the very rich.'
Pidgeon'No problem.'
Bess'Not here either.'

They glanced out the window anticipating the mission.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  07:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit glared at Agent Bryne "Miss Bryne, You may have rank but you earned that sitting behind a desk, You come talk to me when you have....." She stopped she was about give to much away. "We are not all privelidge to have a rich daddy to keep us safely hidden in the archives. We will see how you do in the field and I am well aware of you record on the rifle range but shooting non-moving targets or tragets that are night firing back is a whole new ball game"

"Enough you two"
Kit glared at him "I am going to check on my horse now and see if there is room in the stable care." She glared at Pet "And no he is not Government Issue." She stepped off the back of the train. Anger in her mind how dare that spolled little rich girl talk to her like this... if she only knew.. Kit smiled to herself unless she was saddly mistaken after the first fire fight Daddy's Girl will be begging to go back to the archives.

Jim looked at her "You do not out rank me Agent Bryne and neither myself nor Mr. Gordon would knowing put another agents life in danger. And by taking this train you did just that."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  08:09:16  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Agent West, I apologize for my role in this, and take my share of the blame. However, I will not be spoken to in that manner by a subordinate."

"I agree, Agent Byrne, but neither will I." Apple met his gaze and did not falter. After a few moments he finally turned his attention to Pet. "Agent Pet, I am sure that you have the most to do with this situation. What do you have to say in your defense?"

Apple turned to her partner, to see what would come out of that mouth next.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  09:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Ya'll took off doing whatever you wanted. I got bored sitting here alone with the Deb. If you had read ALL of my file you would know better than to let me get bored."

"I take full responsibility and I didn't steal the train. As duly sworn agents I have every right to borrow it." Jim was about to speak when Pet waved him off, making Jim angrier.

"Look, I'm here because I'm good at what I do, been told I'm the best. Just point me in the direction of the lab then get out of my way you're bothering me."

Pet turned to Apple and was going to give her a piece of her mind and decided against it for the time being and glared at her instead. There will always be time for taht later,Pet thought as she stood an dheaded for the parlor car door. Tossing a comment over her shoulder to Jim on her way out.

"Never mind just come get me when we reach Miner's Rock. I'll find the lab on my won." Jim could only glare at her swiftly retreating back.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  09:16:36  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple turned to James after watching her partner stomp away. "She may or may not come around, James. I am definitely the anti-Pet in her eyes. I will earn her trust, it will take time, but it will happen."

She and West have had this conversation before, when he and Gordon had met with her at the archives. The three of them had gone over the files of each of the recruits weeks before, and they knew that Pet and Kitana would be tough to acclimate to the partner aspect of the agency.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  09:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet strode down the hallway looking in doors, before finally locating the lab. She was about to go in when she deiced to look further.

Finding the stable car, she found Kit and cautiously apporached her.

"Beofre you start yelling, Kit, hear me out." Pet held her hand up in surrender.

"I do apologize about not untying the horses. I know your horse is not GI you would never stand for thier pitiful stock either."

"I just need to get this mission rolling so we can get it over. What some of you know is yes, I do have to be here but what no one knows is that I have a certain number of missions I must go on."

"Your punishment was a set number of missions? That's rediculous! And I am still mad at you for not thinking." Kit half glared at Pet.

"Yeah, well I'm even more mad at myself. Hurting humans is one thing...animals I never tollerate that" Pet was idly stroking Little Boy's neck.

"Yeah I know that so when are you going to tell me what's up?"

"I'd love to but the Old Coot swore me to secrecy. Seems he thinks...well let's just say being here is slightly more preferable to the stockade."

"I'll be in the lab if anything comes up. I'm sure James will make sure nothing does." Pet rolled her eyes then looked long and hard at Kit.

"What do you make of the Deb?"

"She's just that...a Deb. I don't see her lasting too long out here. And I don't like the way she thinks you and her will learn to get along. That certainly doesn't go with the Pet I know." Kit smiled and Pet returned it.

"A lot reamins to be seen." Pet told her then went to the lab.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  09:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit was dumbfounded Pet was given a set number of missions hardly fair, They had contracted Kit indefinatly but really she owed him although she had thought that debut paid until she was called back into service. She brushed down her horse she had named Phara the mustang Mare was strong and fast and served her well. Kit had rescued this mare from a cattle rancer who had rounded up a bunch of the wild mustangs and was going to put the ones he couldn't break down. It had taken her a better part of a year but soon the horse trusted her and they had become great friends. She was smaller than the other horses in the stable car but Kit knew Phara could out run and last them all, it was the nature of the breed.

After Kit had Phara settled in she walked past the lab and back to the parlor car one thing she had been ordered to do was try and get along. She stepped back through to see Apple talking with Jim and she poured herself a drink and sat down.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  09:47:18  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When Kitana returned to the parlor James and Apple changed their topic of conversation quickly. He appeared to be dressing her down for her actions with Pet, but that was a ruse for Kitana's sake. Apple's undercover work was where she excelled, and this assignment would be no different. She had made Captain the previous year for her undercover assignments, and she had worked with both James and Artemus, as well as Jeremy Pike. She loved her work.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  09:59:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet was in the lab muttering to herself about the lack of certain ingeredients and happy she had brought some of her own. She would have to make a point to talk to him about that.

I get why Grant made me come here, but why did he insist I be stuck wtih a partner and WHY the Deb? Pet thought as she rearranged the lab to accomodate some of her equipment and supplies.

"I know there is more to Deb than meets the eye. Something about the way she handled herself when we 'borrowed' the train gets me. I think she's done far more than she's telling." Pet muttered quietly.

"I just really hate that they stuck me with a partner...Grant's known me for how long and he hasn't figured out I work alone. This working on a team thing is going to be harder than serving out my punishment!" Pet shook her head and went back to her work whistling happily finally being in her element.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit new it was ruse after all she had been dusgised for several years and no one knew who she really was. She knew Apples record but it didn't prove much to her. She had seen many of men with outstanding records run in the face of danger. And she was to respect this Deb dressed up before her based on a record.. Kit learned a long time ago paper was paper and it would take her seeing what she had to offer in the field before she would respect her.

Kit looked at Mr. west "How is your hand?"

"feeling much better thank you." He eyed her suspiciously

"You can go ahead with your conversation this ruse I will not fall for. Miss Bryne I spent several years undercover I can spot a fake from several feet away. I do wish to apologize for my shortness earlier however it has nothing to do with your rank it has to do with politness."

She looked at Jim "try not to be to hard on Pet, If you knew her punishment you would be a bit upset too.. she will come around eventually it just takes time."

"That is no excuse and what do you know about her?"

"A lot that I can not say for it is not mine to tell."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:03:48  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Kitana, we do know Pet's record. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion." Jim told her. Apple ignored the mispronuciation of her name. It was probably purposeful anyway. NO sense getting bent out of shape over it, not yet.

Apple (the Deb), was a debutante, but that had been years before, when Molly McClanahan Byrne had thought that her only daughter would be a lady and settle down at the ripe old age of 17. Not Apple. She was a girl after her Daddy's heart, and as much as she loved her mother, she was not the housewife type. She loved nice things, but she could take them or leave them. This job was the best thing she could have done with her life. She had done many interesting things in 6 years, and she looked forward to many more...this assignment would be tough, she was sure.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:11:37  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Politeness, Miss Montgomery? I believe that it was you who decided that I was to blame for your horse getting dragged by the train. I think that you had better remember yourself before calling someone else impolite." Apple smiles at Kit, but it does not convey any emotion at all.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:14:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet finished her work or at least what she could do for the moment until that Gordon fellow returned. She didn't want to screw up the experiments he had running even if one was going off on the wrong track.

Pet decided she needed a drink and returned to the parlor car and took in the agent's looks. Well, it's plain to see James is still mad, Pet thought as she crossed to the sideboard and poured herself a drink and took a seat at the table. Deb, looks upset with Kit...think I'll stay out of that one.

Pet stared at her drink, took a swallow savoring the burn, and set the glass back down. She loooked out the window seeming to ignore her fellow agents. All eyes watched her for a moment.

Uh oh, Pet's got that look in her eye. She's going to her dark place. Kit thought.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:19:01  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple watched as Pet poured the amber liquid down her throat. She got up and poured herself a third tumbler. One thing about the Irish in her blood, she had inherited everything bad about the nationality...temper, drink...but she could hold her liquor most of the time.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:20:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"How can I be polite when a SS agent endagers a life be it human or other wise." Kit's anger was boiling now.
"You know only what you read in your files and there is missing information in them. You Miss Bryne walked in here with a chip on your shoulder assuming you are better than anyone else in here. Well you are made of Flesh and Blood and it can be broken easily. Do not come to me and ask me to patch you up.. you go back to your rich Daddy and you safe archives."

Kit glared at the other woman waiting to see how she would react if she would run squealing or stand up for herslef.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:32:29  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple savors the brandy in her mouth, as she hears Kitanas misinformed accusations against her. She turns, glaring at the defrocked Captain. She holds her liquor well, and she holds her temper even better. Evenly she says, "You may think that you know what your files hold, Kitana, but really, I have clearances higher than most." She is still holding the tumbler, now empty. She pours another, then looks to Pet. Pet shakes her head, watching the scene unfold before her.

"I have access to every bit of information that President Grant ever puts in writing,or doesn't, or discusses with Colonel Richmond for that matter. If Grant knows it, I know it. Believe it or not. I don't care what you think you know, but you had better watch yourself, ma'am. This goes haywire, and you are in the stockade."

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet turns back to her study of the landscape after having poured another drink. She stares for a minute in quiet solitude then without turning from the window she breaks the silence.

"Not everything goes into a file or on paper. Some things are better left unsaid and unwritten."

Jim raises an eyebrow. There is far more to Pet than we are being told and I think when Artie gets back we have to have a talk., Jim thought as he watched her not quite sure what to make of this quiet yet at the same time very outspoken agent.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:43:23  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple turns to Pet. "This doesn't concern you, Partner. When you are ready to be a partner, come talk to me." And with that Apple picked up her bag and took her things to stow away until they arrived in Miner's Rock. She couldn't wait to get started on another mission. She was getting antsy, and she didn't like antsy. Her temper would get the better of her if she weren't careful, and she would end up off undercover work quicker than Grant could think the order.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  10:55:11  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Wanderer pulled into the siding at Miner's Rock at 6 pm. Almost immediately Jeremy Pike was coming in the door to be briefed and to meet Apple, whom he has already worked with in the past, and Pet.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  11:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While Apple and Jeremy were having what appeared to be an old home week, Pet looked over to see Jim still staring at her. This man was beginning to rattle her cage.

"I do apologize for my actions earlier. I do just want to get this mission over with and on to the next one. The Old Coot seems to think I need to be here but rigjt now I'd think I'd prefer the stockade." Jim looked at her for a moment before speaking.

"There is a lot missing from your file. I won't pry if the Old Coo...er Grant felt it necessary to keep it private as there must be a good reason," Jim smiled at her.

"But can I ask you something?" He ventured hesitantly.

"One may always ask, whether or not an answer is given remains to be seen."

"You seem like a bright, well-educated lady. Why the fascade?"

"No fascade, James, what you see is what you get. I'm mostly a self taught lady. My...childhood was different than most. Where I come from you either learn to survive quickly and do not form attachments or you don't live long enought to find out why you failed."

"What do you mean by that? Just where did you grow up?" Jim asked his curiosity quite real now.

"The other side of hell, Mr. West."

Pet rose and crossed the car to Jeremy and Apple to introduce herself, leaving Jim even more perplexed than before and wishing his partner would show up so he could talk to him about Pet he had some viable concerns.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  11:25:56  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple remembers her manners, and introduces Pet and Jeremy. "Jeremy Pike, this is Pet, my partner. Pet, Jeremy Pike, our lead agent in Thortonville."

Jeremy holds his hand out to Pet. Not very gentlemanly, but Pet is not one to hold to traditional male/female roles, and he can tell.

"Pet, a pleasure to meet you." He has overheard some of the comments she made to James, and he wonders about her background.

Pet shakes his hand, "The pleasure is all mine, Agent Pike." Jeremy is a little taken aback by the abrupt change in the agent. He would definitely need to keep his eye on her.

Apple stares at Pet wondering where this quietness came from, and James, standing nearby, wonders the same thing.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  11:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Do we have to wait for the others or can you at least give us some sort of briefing on our mission? I like ot know as much as I can beforehand I don't like flying blind it usually get messy." Pet asked back to her old self.

Leaving them wondering how it is she can flip her emotions on and off like a switch. Apple decided she would talk with Pet about that later.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  11:40:06  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The stagecoach stopped in front of the town's hotel. The sign read the Captain's Hotel.

Artie got off first and help Pidge and Bess off the stagecoach. Bellhops flooded them helping with all the packages, suitcases, etc.
The desk clerk had already given the bellhops the suite number. Artie checked in with the desk clerk, while Pidge and Bess made their way to the room.

Artie appeared a few minutes later.
Pidge'Is everything taken care of Daddy?'
Artie'Yes, Frances now you and your sister will need a dinner and dancing dress for tonight, I realize you bought some other things, but this is special. There is a ball tonight honoring a millonarie named Arthur Lovelady and we've been invited. Please go do that and make sure you get some rest before the ball.'
Bess'Yes, Daddy.'

Artie winked at Pidge and Bess on their way out the door. Meanwhile he pulled out the dossier on the Lovelady, something told him this man was part of the counterfeiting scheme. After reading the dossier, he headed to the local saloon to get the feel of the town and mix with the locals a bit.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000