Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  16:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit and Artie ran for horses Artie had placed earlier and jumped on them and took off. The rest of the group was waiting just outside of town. They had to head back toward the train Orrin was bringing to them. They hoped they could get far enough away before the posse started out after them.

Pet didn’t bother to turn in her saddle as she reached into her pocket and pulled out the remote controls. She kept it carefully hidden in her palm as he thumb flipped the cover switches up. She waited until they were far enough away from town they would be neither suspected nor followed.

Pet grinned wickedly as she brought her thumb down on the first button. Then she moved her thumb over to the button on the second remote and hit it.

Behind them the courthouse erupted in a plume of smoke, flames and flying bits of the building. The group turned as one and stared as pieced of wood timber, and embers fluttered back down toward the ground. Flames shot up high about the trees licking the skyline.

Second later they heard another explosion. They turned back around and watched as the gallows blew up in a fireball. They saw the Support beam fly high in the air the noose still attached. They could hear the screams from the townsfolk and they knew that whether or not she had intended to Pet had quite possibly bought them enough time to escape.

Artemus turned back and looked at Pet, he was somewhat surprised when he saw that she hadn’t turned around with everyone else. It took all the restraint Pet had not to stop and admire her handiwork. Artemus rode up beside her and stared, waiting for her to acknowledge him. When she didn’t Artie decided he would speak.

“Pet, you LIED to me!” Artie was furious. Pet finally turned to look at him.

“No, sir, I did not lie I invoked my right to use creative omission.” Pet looked him in the eye.

“Creative…oh brother, James…have you been giving lessons when I had my back turned?” Artie snarled to his partner.

“Not me, Artie,” Jim chuckled, “but it sounds like Pet and I need to have a long conversation.” Artie smirked at Pet until Jim continued. “I’d like to hear more about this creative omission and how it works.” Jim smiled as Artie rolled his eyes and groaned.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  17:01:23  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess had a third remote in her hand, thanks to Pet. As she was riding away, the jail blew up. Bess looked back at the smoke and looked relieved. Hopefully this was also the end of Morgan's reign of terror and his obesession with Bess.

Artie glanced over at Bess.
"Did you do that,Bess?"
"Guilty as charged," replied Bess.

Artie shook his head at Jim.
"What a group we have here!" He said.
"You can say that again, Artie."

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  17:25:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit didn't even acknowldge the explosions or the conversations she was deep in thought.Wondering what would happen next, Pidge rode up to her.

"Kit while we were at Franklin's Bosley found some information seems the good Col was involoved in the counterfit scheme and the proof of some of his claims against you were false. We didn't want to say anything in that town to keep the information safe."

"I understand Pidge, Thanks." She looked at the others "Thanks for helping out all of you. I owe you."

Kit was trying to wrap her mind around what had happened and how the group of people risked thier lives for her.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  17:30:14  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess rode up beside Kit and Pidge.

"Kit, I'm so sorry about my testimony, but I really tried. I didn't think that stuff about my family would matter. But that prosecutor made it look like I was a liar just because I lied about my age and name. Then that stuff about my dad. I am so sorry."

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  17:32:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit smiled at Bess "You did just great, No matter what you would have said the verdict would have been the same they didn't care about the truth."

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  17:35:20  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess looked at everybody.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but lets get the heck out of here!"

And the group headed for the train.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  19:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacksheepbrat64

Bess looked at everybody.

"I don't know about the rest of you, but lets get the heck out of here!"

And the group headed for the train.

That was a great ending to this story Bess.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  20:49:47  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pet!

BSB64

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000