Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  11:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apple knew she needed to get Kit but she didn’t want to leave Pet alone. It was then she heard someone clear their throat. Her head spun around to see Artie standing just inside the room. He had a pained expression on his face, and Apple knew he had seen and heard most of what had just transpired.

“Apple, we are over our heads here, I’ll go across the street and get Kit. You stay with her. Something’s not right…this shouldn’t be happening yet.” Artie stared quizzically at Pet for a moment before turning to leave.

“Pet, Artie’s right…you have been taking your medication haven’t you?” Apple asked concerned.

“Uh…well…not really. I’ve been skipping every other one.” Pet admitted.

“Pet, that was not a wise thing to do. Look at you, you are still fresh from surgery and it is way too early for this. You’re trembling already. I can only hope this won’t harm you irreversibly.

The trembling in Pet’s hands started as a small gentle shake but had now become small earthquakes. Apple leaned Pet back onto the pillows and grabbed the washbasin. She dipped a cloth in cool water and placed it on her forehead. She recalled doing the same for her brother before the doctors took over.

Kit and Artie entered the room at a run, and Apple slid over to allow Kit room. Pet’s eyes were vacant pools glued to some far off point. Artie stood back watching the proceedings, his heart going out to his fellow agents. What Pet must be going through, if her life is half as bad as I fear those must be some hallucinations she’s having. And Kit, to know what will happen and not be able to talk about it. Apple, she’s been through this before with her brother…she knows what Pet will face. Well, Pet, I have just decided to become a card dealer.

Artie strode around to the other side of the bed and pulled up a chair. He reached over and grabbed Pet’s other hand and held on tight. He looked to Kit for approval and she smiled at him.

“She needs to know that she does have friends, you’re doing the right thing. She’s going to need you both. She’s going to need us all. She’s going to be saying a lot of things she really doesn’t mean just take them in stride.” Kit told him reassuringly.

“Unfortunately, Pet has a background rooted in nightmares,” Apple told them, “this will be especially difficult for her. And I am afraid she will really have a hard time with females for a while.” Artie and Kit looked at her confused.

“The voice in her dreams…it was her mother.” Artie, who had witnessed the nightmare could only stare open mouthed.

“That was….how…how could she allow…” He shook his head.

“Kit we have to find a way to help her.” Artie implored.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  12:05:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit looked at Pet and smiled "I have an idea to help you."

Kit pulled out a flask and filled it with water from the pitcher on the table she pulled out a some morphine and mixed it with the water.

"Here is how this works, You will take a table spoon of this every two hours for the first 24 hours starting now. The dreams may still come but they shouldn't be as bad and this will help with the shakes as well, AFter 24 hours we will change the time. But Pet you must take this anymore violent movements and you will open up the stiching and if I have to restich I wont use any drugs, You Got That?"

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  12:14:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet could only nod her head. The tremors had not lessened but they had not gottne any worse as she waited for the morphine to course through her veins. The sweating was beginning and Kit and Pet knew the retching would soon follow. Kit told Artie to stay nearby as long as he could. And they would need to keep someone with her at all times from now on. And one of the members present would have to be a male for the calming infulence. This is going to be the hard part, but Pet deserves this and we will find a way to make it work, Kit thought.

Kit cursed Pet's mother for treating her friend in such a dreadful manner and she vowed to do whatever she could to help her through this.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  12:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Looked at Artie "I will be here I do not want to leave her but I have to keep an eye on Pidge and bess as well. I Will do my best not to get caught. If the tremours get to bad we can give her more but not much as soon as the morphine kicks in the tremors will lesson and be almost not noticable."

Artie looked at her "Bess and Pidge?"
"Yes Jeremy is with pidge she is getting better she had the virus and bess has a concussion but she should be fine."

Kit sat down in a chair witing for the tremours to lesson and when they did she sigh'd "I am going to find some food I will be back. If she gets worse come and find me."

He nodded and she left headed down the back stairway.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  12:37:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy is stunned. "Pidge, are you sure about that?" Pidge nodded.

"Yes, Jeremy. I'm sure. What is going on here?"

Jeremy thinks on this for a moment and says, "I don't know. Yet. Anything else you've noticed? About anybody else that I should be aware of?"

Pidge shakes her head. "Just Jim. And he has been acting strange. Ask Bess."

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  13:28:05  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess had gotten up and dressed. Jeremy knocked on the adjoining door.

Jeremy'Bess are you awake?'
Bess'Yes, its ok open the door.'
Jeremy'Bess, Pidge and I need to talk to you, can you please come in here?'

Bess entered the room and Jeremy motioned for her to sit down.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  14:53:23  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple found Louella coming out of her office, she was locking the door behind her when Apple tapped her on the shoulder. Louella spun around, anger in her eyes. "Oh Fleur, honey, it's you. What can I do for you?" she asked as she nervously looked around for anyone else.

"I just wanted to know if it would be alright if a doc..." she stopped, not wanting to give away Kit's identity. "If a nurse friend of mine could stay with Pet. She must have suffered a mighty bad concussion from that fall down the stairs." Apple looked at Lucky Lou hopefully.

"Why sure, honey, sure. What's goin' on?"

Apple told her employer that Pet was suffering from dizzy spells and lightheadedness, resulting in vomiting. She needed constant supervision, and Apple didn't want to be away from the dance hall more than Louella would permit. Louella waved her away after granting permission.

Apple hurried back to Pet's room to relay the information to the others gathered there.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  18:16:33  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The real Jim began hallucinating again. He saw himself in the war, he was trying to rescue one of his officers. He dreamed about the short month he'd been in the Confederate Prison Camp. He could still see them sentence him to the gallows. He was running, running , running. Suddenly someone shook him. It was Duke Alberto.

Duke'Well Mr. West, I see you have that dreadful virus again. That's what you get for trying to infilterate this.'
Jim'The secret service will look for me and will find you.'
Duke'Not hardly, Mr West, since you are now dying I can tell you. An old friend of yours was bent on revenge and we helped him out. I believe remember Morgan Midas? That's who you saw in the basement, he's been schooled throughly about you and had the surgery to look just like you. He's already got Agent Bess Moore to trust him. Although I am worried about the way he looks at her. Anyway, Mr. West I must be going. I'll be visiting you frequently.'

Jim's fever spiked again and the hallucinations started. Suddendly in his mind, the duke had turned into Dr Lovless.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  18:45:21  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess sat down and looked at Jeremy and Pidge. They had very serious looks on their faces. She already felt uncomfortable, finding a note from Jim by her pillow. She hid the note in the pocket of her skirt. Was this what Jeremy and Pidge wanted to discuss with her? She need it was unethical that she'd let Jim kiss her, but she'd come to her senses and wouldn't let it happen again.

Bess'What is it? What have I done?'
Jeremy'Bess, you haven't done anything, its about Jim.'
Bess'What about Jim?'
Jermey'You know you've been with the fake one. I don't think you've been with the real one at all and it looks like right now, you are the only one who can tell them apart.'
Bess'Me??'
Pidge'Bess we've all noticed the way he looks at you..'
Bess's face got red.
Bess'Uh no, this is some kind of a joke, its not funny.'

Bess fingered the note in her pocket. She took it out ans showed Jeremy and Pidge.
Jeremy'What's that?'
Bess'I found it by my pillow.'

The note read "I know we can't let everyone know, but you I've never felt like this before. Love, James."

Jeremy'Bess you've got to go along with this until its figured out and we find the real Jim.'

Bess shook her head and rolled her eyes.
Bess'Well, that's why I joined the Secret Service, didn't want things to get too boring. I'm going to go check in with Kit and help out with Pet. Yes, Jeremy, if I see Jim alone, I'll play the game.'

Bess left the room and headed to check in with Kit and Pet.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  20:33:16  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess ran into Jim on the way to the Diamond Tiger.

M/Jim'Where are you going?'
Bess'To relieve Kit and sit with Pet.'

Jim turned to face her putting his hand on her arm.
M/Jim'Did you get my note?'
Bess'Yes, but Jim, I don't know...'

He looked deeply into her eyes. He hated how he was having to play the James West part to her, but it was the only way. When his part in the counterfeiting was done, he was taking off with Bess for parts unknown. He believed Bess felt the same way about him, if not, he'd make her love him, one way or another.

Bess remembered what Jeremy said and played along.
Bess'Jim, its too many people out here, we can talk later, I really need to relieve Kit.'

Bess breathed a sign of relief as she saw M/Jim walk back toward the hotel.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  20:36:34  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The real Jim West had come back to conciousness. He opened his eyes and there was an older woman mopping his brow and making him drink some water.

Woman'Please drink this, we have to keep you alive a little longer.'

Jim drank some and took the powders the woman gave him. He was soon fast asleep dreaming all those nightmares again.

BSB64

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  06:37:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit goes down to a local restaurant and orders some food. Not much but enough to tide her over. She is worried about all of her patients. It reminds her of the War when there were so many patients and so few doctors. The waitress takes her order and leaves. The door swings open and Artie walks in. Kit is not happy about this. Who is taking care of Pet?

Artie waves her worries away. "Don't worry, Kit. Jeremy is there. Everthing is fine. I just thought that maybe you'd like a little company."

Relieved, Kit leans back in her chair while Artie sits down.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  06:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"You know, Kit, you've been pushing yourself pretty hard here. (He motions the waitress over and asks for coffee). We've been in tight situations before. We'll come out of this one."

The waitress returns with his coffee and some toast for Kit.

"Is that all you're eating, Kit? That's not enough to keep you going. No no. You need something more. You can't survive on that."

Kit shakes her head. "No. I'm fine. I'm used to this. I can't eat when there are things to do. Patients who need care."

Artie sits and studies her. "Kit. Come on. Let's go for a walk. You need to let go of all this so that you can think straight. All of this worry is going to muddle your brains. Come on."

He pushes back his chair, walks over and pulls her chair for her as she rises.

Kit is too tired to fight him. Artie throws a little cash on the table and the two leave the restaurant.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  07:08:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They walk for a while without saying anything. Finally, Artie tells Kit that all agents need to pace themselves. They can't try and go it alone. It never works. They need to rely on each other if they're going to make it in this business.

"You need to get a little peace and quiet, Kitana. Come on. I know the perfect spot." He takes her hand (much to her surprise) and they continue walking away from town and into the more country part. The trees. The greenery. An easy flowing river. Fresh air. You can hear the birds chirping. It feels peaceful here. No sickness. No disease. No pain.

Artie looks at her, smiles a little and they keep walking. Kit can feel the tightness start to ease. She takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  07:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit needed this walk although her mind was never far from her patients. She stopped and watched the creek flow and she let go of his hand and sat down on the cool grass. He sat beside her and spoke.

"Kitana you carry a heavy load, much like Pet but yours is diffrent, do you want to talk about it?" He took her hand hoping to coax her out of this shell. A woman should not carry such loads, even though they sometimes carried them better than men.

Kit looked into his deep brown eyes and couldn't help but feel safe talking to him.

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  07:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artemus looked into her eyes. They communicated deep concern for her. Concern...and maybe something more? He held her hand and waited for her response.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  08:32:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit was unsure how to talk about her past and the deep need to make sure everyone was well. The war had taken its toll on her as had life since but she was still around and only the fates knew why but she was glad of it what every demons she had faced and would continue to face would have no control over her life.

"I worked in the surgical tents during the war." She convenintly left out that she was disguised let him think she was a nurse during that time at least for now. "I recived most of my training in battlefield medicine. The Dr I worked with noticed how quickly I picked up on things and soon I was helping with Amputations and stiching up wounds. I saw many men die during that time, I also saw many live thanks to that Dr. After the war I went into medicine it was a hard road but something I needed to do. It was at great expense to me but it is what I was put on this earth for.I worry because it is in my nature to do so."

"Great Expense?"

"I have no family of my own, my father disowned me when I went to help during the war and my mother blamed me for his death shortly after I returned and told them I was going into medicine, she died a few months after my father. I am not an only child but my siblings did the right thing married and had families so they do not speak to me."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  09:08:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pidge is sitting with Pet. She is talking with Jeremy and they look up when Bess enters the room. Bess feels a little like a 5th wheel so she makes her excuses and leaves.

A little out of sorts she heads out of the building and to the main street. She doesn't know what to do when all of a sudden she feels a hand on her arm guiding her towards the livery stable.

She looks up and sees M/Jim smiling at her. He guides her over to the livery stable and she notices that no one is around but the horses.

They walk over to his horse, Strider, and M/Jim pulls an apple out of his pocket for him. Strider is very appreciative of this special treat and Bess picks up on the affection M/Jim shows him.

M/Jim tells her about how animals are always good judges of character. How they respond to kindness. He looks at her intently and kisses her. She gives in to the kiss and he pulls her close. It's nice for a moment to let go off everything. This assignment has taken its toll on the agents and M/Jim is being very sweet and tender.

Bess pulls back but M/Jim continues to hold her in his arms. "Let's go for a little ride, shall we?"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  09:21:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
M/Jim is encouraged by her reaction. He doesn't know quite how he is going to make the transition yet from being Jim to Morgan but that will come in time. The more he sees Bess, the more he realizes that he has got to have her. And if she thinks that she is falling in love with Jim well then...he'll take care of that, too. In due time.

He smiles smugly.

Now, to get her someplace alone.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  09:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie just looked at kit a bit amazed and smiled "Well you will just have to come to think of the SS as family."

She smiled back "I already have, I am afraid I have gotten off to the wrong start with Apple but I hope to remedy that."

He helped her to stand "I need to head back and check on my patients"

Artie stopped her and looked down into her drak eyes "You amaze me lady."

"How so?"

"You compassion for others goes beyound your needs for yourself as admorable as that is it will lead to an early grave. You need to learn to take care of yourself"

She smiled an looked at him he could see the true convection in her eyes." It is not something I can turn off or on it is who I am who I have always been."

Artemus nodded this he understood "With great conviction there is no sacrifice"

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  11:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artemus kissed her on the forehead. Her hair was soft. He looked down at her and noticed how beautiful her eyes were. Funny. He never noticed them before. Deep brown with long lashes. Eyes that were now looking up at him. Before he could stop himself he leaned over and kissed her. His arm went around her waist lightly. Her hand reached up to his face and touched his cheek.
He paused to savor the moment and then let her go. He looked in her eyes briefly and then turned away. This was not what he intended. His feelings were getting a little carried away.

"I'm sorry, Miss Kitana. I guess I shouldn't have done that."

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  14:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit smiles and says nothing. Artemus looks around and decides that maybe it's time they head back. He looks at her and is encouraged by her smile. He offers his hand to her and together they walk back to town.

Not much is said. Not much needs to be said right now. Artemus is no fool. They have an assignment to complete. After that...well, who knows. After that he can pursue her. If the lady is willing.

They pause on the edge of town. The hustle and bustle seems to be coming back. The virus, for now, has retreated. Artemus holds her hand to his lips and kisses it.

"Let's find the devil who infected the money and get out of here."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  16:00:14  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arte tells Kitana that he and Apple go back a few years, having been in the same circles, and Apple had been his contact at the bureau during many investigations, doing research for he and Jim. "Apple is a strong willed lady, and she says what she feels is right. She stands up for herself, and those who won't stand up for themselves." he looks over at Kit as they walk hand in hand back to the Diamond Tiger to check on Pet.

"You've seen how she is with Pet. Pet keeps pushing her away, thinking that she is your typical high society debutante, but Apple keeps pushing back," He laughs gently. "And typical...my little Apple blossom? HA! Look at how she has the owner of the Diamond Tiger fooled into thinking that she is a showgirl..." his eyes twinkled as he thought of it.

"No, Miss Kitana, don't worry about Apple, you and she will be old friends in no time, I guarantee it." He kissed Kitana's hand as he said this, and they entered the saloon from the side door, heading to Pet's room.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  16:16:16  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple is sitting with Pet, who is still sleeping, when Arte and Kit knock softly and enter the room. "Pidge and Jeremy were here, but I relieved them until I have to go on stage later."

Kit nods at her, and checks Pet's pulse and heart rate. Then she checks the stitches in her back. Everything seems normal. Kit sits down on the chaise and leans back, closing her eyes, for just a moment. She feels much more at ease, much calmer, since taking the walk that Arte insisted upon. What a good man he is... she thought, as she quickly drifted off to sleep.

Apple smiled at this development, then stood and she and Arte covered Kit with a quilt. "She'll be all right, as soon as she starts taking care of herself once in a while, " Arte whispered.

"How has Pet been since the last dream, Blossom?" Arte was concerned for their fellow agent.

Sighing, Apple told him that Pet had slept fitfully, and she would continue to do so until the demons, both the memories and the drugs, were purged from Pet's mind and body.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  18:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit's dreams were not peiceful the war raged in her dreams. A young man she had talked with just the night before at the central camp fire now lay before in the surgical tent dying. She replayed the conversation the night before as she worked on him. His name was Iassah Cleamns and he was but just 16 bearly old enough to be fighting in this blasted war. He spoke of his mother and his sister but he smiled when he spoke of his love Elizabeth was waiting on him he had joined up to save the money to by some land so they could build a house. Reality struck and she was pulled from that conversation and back to boy before her. His eyes were cold and lifeless she tried everything but the bullet had hits its mark. She stared into his hazel eyes only for a moment and she closed them and had the soulders take him away and bring in the next one. The dream shifted and all she could see were those eyes glaring at her pleading with her for help.

Kit sat up with a start throwing the quilt off and looking around the room.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  18:49:39  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arte and Apple were startled by Kitana's sudden movements. Apple put down the book she was reading and Arte crossed the room to Kit.

"Kitana, what is it?" He spoke softly, comforting her. Apple leaned forward to listen.

Kit was shaking, Arte could feel it, and Apple could see it. "Nothing...the war...just...the war." Her brown eyes had a haunted look in them as she turned to Artemus. His own eyes showed the worry that she was taking on too much.

Apple just sat and let Arte take care of Kit. She knew that he had seen a lot in the war as well. Arte could understand and help her better than Apple could at this point.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  20:29:04  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kit looked deep into Arte's eyes, and was glad that he was concerned, but she had told him so much already today...she just could not face it right now. She looked away, staring at Pet and Apple across the room. "I have to go check on Pidge and Bess. If ther are any changes here, come get me."

Apple was surprised, as was Arte. They didnt have time to stop her. "Let her go check on the ladies, Arte, then go to her," he turned to his friend, "she needs time, obviously."

He reluctantly agreed.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  21:11:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet lay in the throes of a back spasm that had both Apple and Artie watching her with concern. When she quieted they breathed easier hoping she would settle down. Soon afterward her breathing increased and she was kicking with her legs and her head was turning form side to side.

She began mumbling and there were tears slowly making their way down her cheeks. Artie leaned in to hear what her whispered cries. That hurts…why…no don’t make me…flame’s hurt…leave me alone…

Pet opened her eyes to find Artie on one side and Apple on the other. She looked around frantically, Apple knowing what she was looking for.

“Try to fight it, Pet. You’re strong, you can do this.” At Artie’s raised eyebrow Apple whispered to him. “She’s feeling the cravings…but we can’t give her anything unless they get too bad and she starts having spasms.” Artie nodded and held onto her hand tightly.

“We’re here, Pet, your friends are here for you.” He told her.

Pet looked at him and tried to calm her breathing. He looked back at her not with pity or scorn but concern. That was what Pet focused on. The voices in her head…could they be wrong? Was is possible to have actual friends, people who cared and who she could care about? All this was new and foreign to her. Pet twisted her face in pain as a spasm tore through her back.

“Would you like something to eat or drink?” Apple asked hoping for a positive reply, knowing from experience that if she were hungry the worst would be behind them.

“No, I’m not hungry,” Pet replied to which Apple looked at Artie and shook her head.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  21:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“Tell us about your nightmare, Pet.”

“It’s all right, whatever you say will never leave this room,” Artie reassured her.

“I was a kid…our mother left us with a caregiver. The guy was a real nut. Mom was gone for several days and he had kept us locked up in the basement. Finally he told us we could get out if we did something.” Pet paused and Artie squeezed her hand urging her to continue, knowing she needed this release. Pet kept her eyes trained on Apple.

“If we wanted out we had to put our hands over the flame of a burning candle and hold it there for as long as he said.” Artie looked softly at her amazed at all she had been through.

“It took several days but I got out of that basement. I kept my hand in that flame and didn’t cry, scream or say a word.” Pet looked to Apple apology written on her features, she knew the Deb had never known such sadness.

“Pet, you have nothing to feel bad about. That monster was just that…a monster. No one should have to go through that.” Apple told her and Pet merely shrugged her shoulders.

At that moment Pet was overcome with a spasm so hard it drew her breath away. Artie gripped her arm and held her to the bed while Apple got some medicine and brought it back. Pet shook her head not wanting to take the vile drug but Apple reminded her of the stitches in her back and if she tore them they might not get Kit here in time. Pet relented and took the morphine. After several minutes she finally relaxed. Artie looked to Apple anger in his eyes.
“How can people like that be allowed to exist? No wonder she doesn’t like people. To have been let down like that by your own family…” Artie was livid.

“I believe that is why she doesn’t want to get close to any of us, isn’t it, Pet? You don’t want any of us thinking of you as friend or family because of your past.” Apple patted her arm.

“I won’t let that happen again. NEVER. You guys are all better off without me, trust me.” Pet sounded as if she were becoming depressed and Apple warned Artie this was another sign the withdrawl was progressing.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  21:43:30  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple sighed, then looked across the bed at Arte. "I need to talk to you privately, Artemus." Apple pulled him from the room and into the hallway.

"What is it Blossom?" he looked at her quizically.

"This is bad, Arte, and it is going to get worse. This is the beginning of the depression, and I don't mean that she will just cry. She will become suicidal, we need someone with her at all times." Tears came to her eyes as she told him. Arte put his arm around her shoulders. "Apple we will do this, she will be fine." He clucked her chin to get her to look at him. "I promise."

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000