Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  16:21:15  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pet could barely breath. How the hell...damnation! She would not look at Apple.

"Pet, are you still taking morphine?" Apple asked. Pet whirled on her. "NO! DAMMIT DEB! NO!"

Apple backed away a step, and apologized. "I'm sorry Pet, you just don't seem right to me. It's part of my job to take care of my partner, you know that."

"I don't need you taking care of me, Deb! Grant forced me into this partnership, and hell, I can't wait until it's over! Now let me get outta here before I hit you woman!" Pet stormed off, and Apple let her go.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  16:31:39  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Damn! I still didn't get anything out of her. I gotta learn to quit while I'm ahead." Apple turned back toward the boarding house and slowly trudged back through the grove of trees, her arms crossed, her eyes down. She was surprised when an arm reached out and snagged her own.

"Dr. McClatchey! Oh my, I didn't see you there!" She exclaimed. "What are you doing out here?"

"Just came by to see if I could interest you in a moonlit stroll, Apple." Apple was not pleased. However, she did need to get some information from the doctor, if he had any, so she agreed, as long as they walked in town.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  16:38:57  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Loveless cab suddenly pulled away from the spot it had been parked in, and took off at a high rate of speed out of town. As Apple and Dr. McClatchey walked into town, they heard the rumble of the cab long before it reached them. As it bore down on them Scott made sure that Apple was well away from the road.

"Thank you, but really, I am sure that I was quite safe." she said as she pulled away from him. She was really not up to this walk, and really what could he know? Bess hadn't come up with anything from his files as far as Apple knew.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  16:51:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit walked the way the cab had gone she knew Dr. Loveless would not harm Jim he needed him for his plans. Kit walked on further and saw two people headed her way. She slowed down her pace as if she was out for an evening stroll, getting closer she noticed the woman was Apple and she didn't look too happy to be with gentelman. As they got Closer Kit wondered how to approch this situation without blowing either of their covers.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  17:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As they approched Dr. Sawyer/Kit nodded to the Dr McClatchey and tiped his/her hat to Miss Apple "Good evening, it is such a lovely night."

Dr. McClatchey nodded back "I haven't seen you in town."

"I am just passing through it is such a lovely town, I am on my to see my new grandchild" she waved her hand "But you two do not wish to hear an old fool speak of his grandchild, you both have a nice evening." She/he tipped her hat

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  18:27:36  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Victoria had told Bess she was going out on an errand, which Bess suspected was to look for Jeremy. It gave her time to go through Dr McClatchey's office and lab. When Bess opened a drawer in lab, a false wall fell away and in it was another lab. Bess went into the other lab to investigate.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  09:37:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This bites! Pet thought as she headed back to her hotel. I know Mr. Gordon will be hot when he finds out I'm hiding information from them but I have no choice right now. Pet bypassed the stairs and headed to the saloon and a bottle of whiskey.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet turned her head when a tramp entered the saloon. He looked around and frowned when he saw Pet. He stumbled over to her table and asked if he could join her.

"Suit yourself," Pet shrugged as he took a seat and leaned forward on the table placing his hand on the bottle.

Pet glared at him then waved the barmaid over with another glass. As she poured him a glass of whiskey he whispered that they needed to talk.

"What about?" Pet eyes him suspiciously.

"Your partner. Pet, you've got to put your animosity aside and get along with her." Artie took a gulp of whiskey and burped keeping in chaacter.

"What's going on between me and the Deb is no one's business." Pet spat.

"Just what IS going on? As your superiior I have a right to know."

"Nothing, just let it be."

"No, I will NOT let it be. My job is to train you to be good agents and if there is something going on I need to be made aware of it."

"Deb just doesn't know when to back the he** off. I don't even know if Martyn is my real last name and she just rattles it off like it's common knowledge."

"Apple found that out? Even Grant didn't know that." Artie whistled.

"My point exactly. I do not like people prying into my private life. My file is the way it is for a reason and she needs to keep her nose out of things that are not her business before I break it."

"Pet I'll talk to her, don't do anything rash." Pet just shurgged.

"Do you have any more information on Lovless and his plot?" Artie thougth a change of subject was needed.

"Yeah but I can't tell you right now. I know...don't give me that look, Gordon. I just can't tell you right now. All I can tell you is that you need to keep agents on Mr. West and the President. I hope to be able to tell you more by tonight." Pet rose and told the tramp

"You keep the bottle, buddy, I seem to have lost my taste for it this evening." Pet turned and left the saloon and headed for her room.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:11:40  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Loveless took James back to his hidden lab in the foothills of the Superstition Mountain range. While there James was again injected with more of the drug, and given an assignment. He was to tell his fellow agents that an order had come down from Colonel Richmond that all were to be inoculated against a local illness that was beginning to run rampant. James acquiesced to the request, because of his drugged state.

"You must have Grant inoculated as well, Mr. West," Loveless intoned. "It is imperative that he get the inoculation as well. Tell your fellow agents that they must see Dr. McClatchey in Apache Springs for their inoculations. If they don't see him, they will contract the disease and risk affecting the whole territory!"

Loveless had James taken back to town in a delivery wagon, instead of his cab, and dropped off behind the mercantile.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:19:41  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After passing the older gentleman Apple decided that she had had enough of Scott McClatchey's company. He was a boring tedious man and she wasn't in the mood to find out anything from him. Bess was posted in his home for crying out loud...she needed to get back and perhaps find out how Mr. Peterson was doing.

"Scott, I have a headache, can you please take me back to the boarding house?" Apple looked imploringly at the doctor. His medical training kicked in and he asked if he could get her anything for the headache.

"No, no, thank you. Please, just get me home." She put her hand to her forehead and they turned back toward the boarding house.

When he left her to walk inside Apple quickly opened the door, said a hasty goodnight, then closed the door in his face. Breathing a sigh of relief, she retired to her room.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:21:51  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy looked out the window above the apartment of the mercantile when he heard the wagon drive up, then pull away. He saw a figure walking toward town, and he thought he recognized him, but what was James doing? He would need to find him in a little while and ask him.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie left the saloon and headed for Apple's boarding house. He rapped softly on the door and waited patiently when he heard the lock slide back.

"Artemus...how can I help you? Is everything all right?" Apple asked knowing he wouldn't risk blowing his cover if it weren't important.

"Can we talk inside? I don't think this is a conversation for everyone to hear." Apple nodded and led Artie into the ante room.

"Have a seat, Artie." Artie sat at the small table, "Now suppose you tell me why you are here."

"Apple, how did you find out Pet's last name?" Artie broached the subject head on.

"I don't see how that could be so important to bring you here."

"Apple, this has Pet so rattled she isn't thinking clearly. Anything that affects your partner in that way you'd better take seriously."

"Pet is a very private person and for reasons we are not privy to Grant is willing to go along with that and we need to too. Whatever source you used to find your information out don't use it again. I'm not sure I can contain Pet...hell...I'm not sure ANYONE can do that." Artie chuckled.

"Well, I guess that I should not have used that information in the way that I did, but I was only doing it for the sake of teaching Pet what it means to be a partner and that you have to trust your partner."

"That's just it, Apple, you might have destroyed some of that trust."

Apple was shame faced, "You're right, of course Artemus. I'll talk to her, I promise."

"Did Pet give you any more details about her mission?"

"No not really. Just that we need to stick close to Jim for some reason and to Grant but we already knew that. She's keeping something very close to the vest and I am not sure I like that."

"Oh crumbs, Artie! Pet did tell me that Jim has been drugged by Loveless..."

"WHAT? How could you forget something like that?"

"I was caught up in keeping an eye on Mr. Petersen I think he's been drugged too."

"Oh this just gets better and better all the time."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  12:29:55  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Before Artemus left her, Apple told him about Mr. Peterson and the trouble he was having. "Jeremy is with him now," she added.

"I'll stop by there, see what has been happening." He smiled at her then. "Blossom, I'm sorry that I had to come down on you, I'm just surprised that you used that information like you did. It doesn't seem like something you would normally do."

"I know Artemus, I know. Normally I am not so distracted during a case. I don't know what has gotten into me lately..." she looked pained.

"Wade?" Arte knew that the two had seen each other earlier, but Apple shook her head.

"No, just distracted. I can't put my finger on it, Arte. Just distracted."

"Just be careful Blossom. Wade would never forgive me if I let anything happen to you, nor would your father!" he kissed her cheek and quickly left, heading to the mercantile.

Apple watched him disappear in the darkness through her window. What has gotten into me? Why am I not able to concentrate on this case as I should?
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  13:12:12  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Apple sat thinking about her conversation with Artemus she finally decided what she had to do. Gathering a cloak to shield her from the night air, she headed to the rooms where Pet was staying.

Apple passed the home and office of Scott McClatchey as she went through town. Finally she arrived at Pet's room and knocked. There was a scraping sound as a chair passed across the wooden floor, footsteps, then Pet opened the door a crack. Seeing Apple standing there she rolled her eyes, "What do you want now, Deb?"

"Let me come in Pet. I have some things to say to you."

Pet considered a moment, then pulled the door open to allow Apple to enter.

Apple walked inside, then waited while Pet closed the door and returned to her chair.

"Pet, I just wanted to apologize for..." she hesitated, not quite sure what to say. "For betraying your trust like I did." She looked at Pet, who sat with a bottle of whiskey on the table next to her, a tumbler half full in her hand. Pet did not look at her partner.

"I know that what I did was wrong, and I'm sorry. I just want you to know that I will never use that information against you." She waited a moment before continuing. Pet did not answer, nor did she look at Apple yet. She simply took a swig of the whiskey, hoping that the deb would leave her alone. Finally Apple continued, "I was trying to get you to see that partners have to trust each other, but I don't know why I thought that would prove that fact to you."

Pet looked at her finally. She stared for a minute, then with her eyes she offered Apple a seat. Apple sat in the other chair, then took the tumbler that Pet offered. Pet still said nothing, just watched as Apple downed the whiskey.

"No one knows anything about me, Deb. How the...how did you get that information?"

Apple poured herself another drink, then looked at Pet. "I found out a while ago where you had been raised. Asked a few questions, that's all." She looked away, "I feel terrible about betraying your trust, Pet. I know that we had made strides toward a better partnership..."

"I'm used to that, never known any different. Why should I expect it to be different now?" Pet asked.

"Because I'm your partner, and you should be able to trust me. Now I may never have your trust, and what good will that do either of us?"

Pet didn't answer, but poured them each another drink.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  18:03:34  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As Bess went searching through the lab, she didn't hear Scott McClatchey come in with Dr. Loveless.

"What are you doing in here?" McClatchey asked.
"Can't you see you fool?" said Loveless, "She's one of them, an agent like West."

"Sirs I don't know whatever you mean," said Bess, trying to be cool.

Volataire came up and grabbed her. Of course Bess was no match against him.

"Don't kill her," ordered Loveless, "It looks like we have our next subject."

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  21:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Trust is something that can't be bought or sold or freely given. It must be earned and well, Deb you you did lose some ground but I guess Mr. Gordon is right I have to give you a chance to make this right." Apple did a double take at this revalation. In her own weird way Pet was accepting Apple's apology and letting her know that she still had a chance to win her over.

"I think I'll take a walk if you don't mind, Deb. I have some thinking to do." Pet rose letting Apple know the talk was over.

"Of course, Pet I understand. I'll be working at the store tomorrow why don't you come in?" Apple said as she quickly made her exit.

Something is not right about her I wonder if Mr. Gordon noticed anything when he was talking to her. Pet thought as she headed out of the hotel and down the sidewalk.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  22:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet came around a building and ran headlong into Artie. She reached out to grab him to keep him from falling and she felt something give in her back. She helped Artie up and asked him back into the saloon to join her for a drink and she led the tramp in and asked for a bottle of whiskey and two glasses.

"Pet, I thought you had said you were going to bed." Artie questioned her while they waited for the whiskey.

"I was but I noticed something that I think I need to taok to you about." Pet stopped talking while the bar maid placed the whiskey and glasses on the table.

"Go on..." Artie prodded.

"Well, Deb came to see me a little while ago, but I'm sure you already knew that," Pet glared at him.

"Uh, yes...well..." Artie pulled at his right ear as he blushed. Pet snicked at her new found glitch in Mr. Gordon's armor.

"I figured as much. Anyway, I was wondering if you noticed anything strange about the Deb?"

"Strange? What do you mean?"

"If I'm not mistaken I'd say she had been drugged too. She just wasn't herself."

"Yes, I did notice that...this is not good. We will have to keep an eye on her as well as Jim and the President." Pet nodded and shoved the bottle toward the tramp.

"You keep this mister, you look like you need it more than me." Pet said as she left and went back to her roomm.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  06:49:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Sawyer/Kit walked around a corner and ran straight into Pet. She could see Pet was not feeling very well but she stayd in character wondering if Pet would notice her disguise.

"I am sorry Miss, please excuse an old man."

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  09:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOC snerk Kit you should know better

Pet stared hard at the man for a few moments before speaking.

"My fault entirely, SIR." Pet leaned forward a bit and added, "Nice outfit, Kit."

"It's kinda late for decent folks to be out and about isn't it? You really should get to your hotel."

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  09:31:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She winked at Pet "Yeah well which one of us is decent folk."

She looked at her friend "Your back is hurting again isn't when was the last time you took those powders?"

She knew Grant would be arriving in the morning and so Kit was using this time to check out the town she noticed Jim also looking around almost as if he were lost.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  09:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Hmmm you've got a point there, doctor." Pet smirked.

"More like still but I don't have tim efor this right now. I have to run between keeping an eye on Mr. West, keeping an eye on Loveless AND running the gang of neanderthals. Hey could yo udo me a favor and keep an eye on Mr. West? That would cut down my saddle time some." Pet held her back and ywamned and winced at the same time.

"Getting that vacation would have been nice maybe I should have just left things alone and let those morons try to nab Grant." Pet laughed.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  09:44:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit looked at Pet a moment "Umm I have been keeping an eye on West he is my partner for this little stint remember, umm and yes you do have time for this or I will put you on medical leave which will keep you in this blasted SS for that much longer." She gave an evil grin "And one other thing had you really been watching loveless I wouldn't have had to fall in that pond after being shot at."

She laughed at bit at Pet's look and spoke again "Hey at least i know how to swim in a dress."

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  09:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I'll take a poweder when I get back to my room. And as for me watching Loveless like I said I can't be everywhere at once...someone has to keep an eye on the neanderthals. I was wiht them taking Mr. West's stuff back to his room. Those guys may be dumb as stumps but they know how to wreak havoc and they need a keeper at all times."

"And you call it doing your job when you were trying to make time with Voltaire?" Pet smirked at her friend.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  09:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She Grinned at Pet "Just trying to find out some information.. Besides he is realtivly nice when not around Loveless Voltire is quite childlike really... And understands nothing that Loveless is doing or does. He did try to keep the little man from killing me."

She shook her head "I wont make that mistake again that is for sure. Hey have you seen anyone else?"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  09:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Who haven't I heard from tonight?" Pet grumped.

"Mr. Gordon is over at that saloon I just left. We had a talk there. Deb is...I think she went back to her room after she left mine. That's the reason for thils little jaunt." Pet snapped.

"You might want to talk to her sometime tomorrow at Petersen's Mercantile. Come to think of it the only one I haven't seen is Mr. West."

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  10:03:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit Nodded "I have senn plenty of West and of Gordon, No one else though except I did see apple walking with the Town Dr."

She leaned on her cane as two men came out of the saloon she watched to see which way they went seeing that they were headed in the other direction she continued "I will try but Grant is due to arrive at 10 tomorrow morning and I don't want to leave him alone with West."

"How are you and the Deb getting along?"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  10:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

"I'd rather not talk about her right now." Pet snapped, "She sid something almost unforgiveable but Mr. Gordon says I have to give her another chance. If she screws up again I make no promises she won't find a blowie upie in her bed."

"Well, if Mr. Gordon says it then you have to do it. He is our superior you know," Kit winked.

"Yeah I know. But not even the Old Man himself will keep me from her throat if she prys into things that are NONE of her business."

"True, but she just wants to get to know you, Pet and who knows Apple might be a good person to know. She just might be able to help you with Grant." Pet did a double take.

"Since when do YOU agree with the Deb?" More men came out of the saloon and Pet decided this was her chance to get away from the conversation.

"I'll look into that advice, Doctor and thank you." Pet shook his hand and turned to walk away.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  11:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit took a double step and grabed Pet's arm "Hey no such luck getting away from me that easy."

She stepped in front of Pet "Listen she is gonna pry she probably shouldn't tell you what she finds out, Lord knows I never did or would." She grinned at Pet. "But you have a Chance to get out of the SS and if she can help shorten that tenure all the better, I am here for the life of this game or mine which every comes first, But you have a chance, get to know the Deb she has as much addituded as you she just knows when to use it and when not to you could learn from her. I don't agree with the Deb I am just saying she may be useful in her own way."

Kit didn't care to much for Apple she was a loose cannon that Kit didn't know where or when she would explode. Pet she knew Pet she had a handle on. She would have to take her own advice someday and get to know the Mrs Apple Hamiltion, she would keep that last bit of information to herself there was a reason Apple was keeping this a secret and Kit respected that....

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  11:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet just shook her head and slowly walked away. She already had too much on her mind to deal with the Deb now too. That would wait for after the President's visit. She headed for her hotel room and groaned when she saw two of the gang members coming up the street.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  11:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit walked toward the livery stable she was trying to figure out what Apple had said to set off Pet. The only thing she knew of was Pet's past which she keep closly guarded. Secrets were not ment to be pried into they are to be left alone, Kit had her own secrets that she didn't want anyone to know, but knew that somewhere someone did. Kit only knew this one thing about Apple because they have a mutual close friend, she would never let out that she knew it was Apple's secret to release when she wants too.

Kit Mounted her horse and headed out she would meet the President half-way to the town and trade places with his Physician Dr. Sawyer.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000