Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  19:42:11  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"My dear, I never should have put you in danger like this. I am sorry that this has happened." Grant said to "his Julia".

Kit new that her commanding officer and his wife had a strong and loving marriage. She would need to keep up the ruse of loving wife for as long as Artemus believed himself to be Grant.

"Uly, I have followed you closely as you went into battle during the war. Why are you apologizing? I will continue to go with you wherever life leads us," Kit smiled at Arte. He returned the smile.

"My agents won't let Loveless get away with this, and I will not let him hurt you, Julia," Arte said gruffly.

"I know that Uly, I know." Their hands were still entwined as they stood side by side, shackled to the wall.

Apple and Pet were standing under the window listening to the conversation. "She is doing a good job staying in character as the first lady," Apple said to Pet.

Pet rolled her eyes and made a gagging noise in her throat and muttered something under her breath that Apple was certain warranted the glare she leveled at her partner.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  23:10:36  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy and Pidge found Captain Hamilton still at the depot where his attachment was on patrol. After Wade was told of the situation he dispatched a sergeant to gather enough men to retrieve the president and his wife from Loveless grasp.

"Jeremy, you two can ride patrol with us, of course. When we set up a perimeter a scout will be sent in to find Pet and Apple so that we can be apprised of the situation at the mansion."

Jeremy and Pidge fell into line with the soldiers and the group headed out of town.

***OOC:Number 3,000
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  18:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit looked away from Artemus as the door opened, Bess walked into the room with a tray.
She walked up to them and she winked at Kit as she picked up the syringe.

"Agent Moore what are you doing, you keep that away from wife."

"Oh this is not for your wife Mr. President this is for you."

Kit Kept up the ruse "Young woman you step away from my husband."

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  19:25:32  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pet was getting antsy standing under the window, and the pain in her back was rearing it's ugly head once again. She winced as she straightened.

Apple noticed her partner's expression. "Are you all right?" she asked. Pet simply waved away the question.

"Don't trouble yourself Deb. It'll quit eventually," she pulled herself up off the ground, looking around for any of the men from Loveless's group of mercenaries. "You should take better cover Deb. I told Mr. Gordon that I would be nearby and those guys think I'm their leader, so I'm safe if they find me. But you..." her voice trailed off.

"They would take me to Loveless if they found me, and I need to get to the scouts that the captain has sent ahead," she finished her partner's thought.

Pet stared at Apple incredulously. "How did you know exactly what I was thinking?" Apple shrugged her shoulders.

"Common sense in an agent, Pet. Of course I would be taken into custody." Pet continued to stare at her. "What? It's no big deal, I'm not psychic or anything. I just said what I was thinking. If you were thinking the same thing then let's just chalk it up to great minds thinking alike!"

With that she cautiously looked for any intruders, then headed into the woods behind the mansion to find any scouts that had been sent ahead.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  21:44:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Apple quietly approached a large rock in the woods she peeked around it to see if she could see anyone when she felt something on her shoulder. She brushed away the offending item only be to tapped again.

She turned around and found herself face to face with a man. Instinct kicked in and she pulled her arm back and slammed her fist into the man's face. He fell back onto the ground, holding up his arms in defense.

"Ma'am stop! I was sent here ta help ya ma'am!" the soldier had a look of fear in his eyes.

Apple rolled her eyes at him as she extended her hand to help him up.

"Well, your training should have taught you that you signal your contact to make your presence known, you don't tap them on the shoulder from behind!" She reprimanded him.

"Ma'am...YES MA'AM! Private Brooks reporting for duty. Capt. Hamilton said I was to follow your orders." He smartly saluted her.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  07:00:09  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"You don't need to salute me, Private." The young man put his arm down. "I need you to take a message back to the captain. Tell him that Agents Gordon and Montgomery are being held against their will by Loveless. Gordon has been drugged and believes that he actually is the president, and that Montgomery is Julia Grant."

Private Brooks eyes grew wider and wider as Apple explained the situation, including the information that James and Bess were also inside with Loveless, supposedly acting on the mad doctor's orders.

"Agents Moore and West are probably drugged as well, and we will need an antidote. Ask the Captain to give that information to Agent Pike, he will know what to do."

She sent the private on his way after telling stopping another salute, then moved to a position where she could see the comings and goings at the mansion without being seen herself. Pet was not visible from this vantage point, but Apple knew she was still there.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  15:24:24  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As she crouched behind the large rock in the wooded area behind the mansion Apple checked her weapons. Her pistol was now holstered at her side with extra ammunition on the belt, her knife secreted away in a leather pocket on her boot, several smoke bombs were in another leather pocket, as well as some low grade explosives that Pet had given to her. The derringer was in a holster strapped to her leg.

Sighing, Apple looked back toward the road from town. She could hear nothing. The others were coming, but she did not know how far they were from arriving. The scout, Brooks, had been gone for just a few minutes though. No sense in expecting the troops for quite some time.

She settled back into the lee side of the rock and looked at her scraped knuckles. For the life of her, she could not believe that she had punched Private Brooks. Hand to hand combat was not her specialty, but she had been trained by masters at the academy. Strange how it came so easily when she was surprised.

Suddenly there was something not right, a sensation Apple could not shake. Drawing her pistol she headed toward the mansion hoping that she would see her partner. Shadows were dancing around the mansion in the soft glow of the waning afternoon. Pet was nowhere to be seen, though she was good at keeping herself hidden. Either she was still in hiding, or Loveless's henchmen had found their newly appointed leader and she was covering. Apple just had to find out which was the case.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2007 :  17:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Bess was about to inject Artemus with the diluted drug Dr Loveless walked in "Never mind that Agent Moore the President has had more than enough syrium for the moment."

Loveless walked over to Artemus "Now Mr. President will you be following my orders or do I need to remove the lovly Mrs. Grant with me?"

"Loveless so help me if you harm her."

"I would do no such thing as long as you do what I say." he steps over to Kit and takes her free hand she tried to move away but the chain held fast.

"Loveless leave her be, I will do what you want."

"Uly, no!"

"Its ok my dear."

Kit looked at Artemus and knew he ment what he said she also knew loveless was to smart to fall for that.

He smiled "Good, Good" he rubbed his hands together and then spoke. "I will have voltire keep close to Mrs. Grant Just in Case."

"Loveless you doubt my honor" Artemus sounded truly hurt.

"No sir but I know your loalty to the country." He turned to two Henchmen "Release them."

They did and Artemus huged Kit and whispered "I will get you out of here."

She whispered back "I know"

"That's enough Follow me" The DR lead them out and bess followed obediantly

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  11:12:05  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pet was alert as soon as she heard Loveless come back into the room where Mr. Gordon and Kit were held prisoner. She knew that she had to find out where the two agents were being taken and quickly. Where is Apple? She needs this information, but I have to stick close to know...Red! He'll know what Loveless is up to. Pet went in search of Red, who she knew was in the stable playing cards.

As Pet made her way around the outside of the mansion she heard the signal from her partner. She paused and looked toward the woods. She couldn't see Apple, but knew she was watching her movements. Pet signalled for Apple to stay where she was and she would return shortly, then she waited for another signal from her partner.

Awright, Deb. Be back soon. Pet continued to the stable to find Red Taylor and get the lowdown on Loveless's next move.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  11:16:30  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple's instincts were right. Something was going on at the mansion. As she watched, Pet suddenly came into view. Apple, wanting to remind her partner of her presence, signalled to Pet, who let her know that she would be back with information. Apple knew to stay where she was, to wait for Pet to return. Following would probably make more trouble than they needed right now. She then wondered if the scout had been discovered. She prayed that he hadn't and that he had made it back to the rest of the troops.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  11:35:17  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Voltaire! We must get these two into the waiting carriage. The Secret Service and the Cavalry are on their way here." Voltaire looked frightened at the prospect of the army infiltrating the mansion. "Now, now, Voltaire, don't worry. We are going out into the Superstition Mountains, where there is a cave made to order for my purposes. A lab, a parlor, a kitchen, everything needed to hide for some time."

Voltaire smiled at Loveless because he knew that the doctor could always take care of their needs and that they would be safe from the enemy. He took Arte, who still thought he was President Grant, and roughly handled him into the carriage waiting outside the front door of the mansion. He locked the manacle chains to a bolt on the floor of the carriage. Arte was chained like a common criminal.

"You may have manhandled me, but you will not manhandle my wife in that manner!" Arte thundered. Loveless smiled evilly at him.

"Voltaire wouldn't dream of injuring the lovely Julia, would you Voltaire?" Voltaire shook his head. He really could be a gentle man. Loveless came forward just before Kit was entering the carriage. He quickly produced a syringe and pressed it into the fleshy part of her arm, before she knew what was happening. The pinch startled her, but she was no match for Voltaire's strong grip.

Kit looked up at Voltaire, then down at the needle in her arm and Loveless's evil smirk. The liquid was cold going into her arm. She looked into the carriage and could hear Artemus shouting "Julia!" as his gaze bore into her eyes. She could see the anger and concern, but the chains held him fast.

"Uly!" She cried, at last finding her voice. Loveless finally removed the needle from her arm. The giant man picked her up and placed her in the carriage, across from Artemus, then chained her manacles to the bolt on the floor as well. Arte grasped Kit's hands in his own as Loveless proclaimed, "The Secret Service will never catch us. I will gain control over this territory through you, Mr. President."

"Never, Loveless! I will rot in Hell before I do your bidding!" Loveless cackled, "We shall see, Mr. President, we shall see!" Then he slammed the carriage door shut and yelled for the driver to start on his way.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  12:32:12  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Loveless quickly ran to another waiting carriage. The driver urged the horses on as soon as the door closed behind Loveless and Voltaire. When they were out of sight, Pet ran to the stable to find Red Taylor.

"Red, what's Loveless up to? What does he need from us?" Red was saddling his horse while some of the other men were doing the same, including Zack Rollins. Others were putting boxes of ammunition and explosives onto a buckboard to transport into the mountains.

"Where the hell have you been woman? We need to get moving if'n we don't want to fight the cavalry here! We're not wantin' ta fight 'em at all if'n we can help it." Red looked frightened. Pet noticed this and felt it could work to her advantage.

"Red I can stay here and detour the cavalry, send them on a wild goose chase. Why don't you boys get movin'? Tell Loveless not to expect them boys in blue for at least two days!" Red nodded. "Now give me directions to the mine shaft that Loveless is hiding all of us in, so I can meet you there later."
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  12:33:12  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Red told Pet how to find the mine then he and the rest of the men followed the road that the carriages had taken just moments before.

Pet watched them disappear into the twilight then turned and ran back to the woods where Apple had been hiding. She signalled, then when she heard her partner return the signal she entered the woods.

"What is it Pet? What's going on?" Apple had known that something was happening, she had heard the horses and the carriages rumbling away from the site.

"Loveless knows that the cavalry is on its way. He's taken Kit and Mr. Gordon into the Superstition Mountains." Apple closed her eyes. "Don't worry though, Deb. I know EXACTLY where they will be. Those characters are flippin' stupid enough to believe me, and told me everything!" she smirked.

"We need to get to the others and tell them..." Pet cut Apple's sentence. "Way ahead of ya' partner. Let's get a move on."

Apple stared at Pet as she took off to find their horses, then came to her senses in time to follow her. Partner? Since when has she decided to call me partner?
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  12:40:17  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Pet! What about Bess and James?" Pet stopped in her tracks. "They weren't in either party that left. They might...do you suppose that Loveless has them in his carriage? I didn't notice them getting into it, but that doesn't matter." Pet pondered.

"I think that Loveless would have taken James, or..." Apple involuntarily shuddered at what she was thinking.

"Killed them?" Pet looked directly at her. "I don't know, Deb. I don't know. Should we go back and see if they were left behind?"

Apple was incredulous. Pet was not the type to ask advice of anyone. "I think that we should. The cavalry is coming here, so we don't need to worry about finding them. If James and Bess are here we need to find them."

"Let's get Little Boy and Daisy, then head back to that house and search," Pet agreed.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  09:48:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit looked at Artemus she could she he was concerned and she did her best to smile “Uly, Are you hurt?”

“No my dear Julia.”

“Good” She whispered everything was becoming fuzzy to her, she had no idea what Loveless had injected her with the drug or a posion with the laughter from the Little Doctor she was begining to believe it was the later but then he wouldn’t risk that would he.

“Julia?!” Artemus asked concerned he could tell something was wrong. She did her best to smile and him and reasure him.
he held her hand tightly. “My dear Julia, so help me that little man will pay for what he has done."

Kit looked across the carriage at the man who was holding her hand he looked familiar there was something she was supposed to keep in mind and not loose sight off... But what was it?

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  20:35:16  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess had discovered there was no more medication in the lab. It seemed Loveless had taken it all. She knew when the meds wore off Jim, there would be heck to pay. When the meds would wear off Jim and he discovered what Loveless had done to him, well she knew what would happen. During the ruckus of putting people in the carriages, she took Jim down to a cellar she'd discovered earlier. There she kept an eye on Jim and also kept an eye out for one of the agents to come back. Hopefully it would be a while before Loveless missed Jim and her. By that time, she hoped the meds would have worn off Jim and she could explain what had been happening to him.

Jim had collapsed on a cot in the cellar and Bess continued to keep an eye on him as well as what was going on above the cellar.

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  17:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The carriages finally came to a stop and loveless opened up the door and looked at Artemus and spoke "I trust you had a nice trip."

"Loveless what have you done to my wife?"

"She will be fine Mr. President providing you do exeactly as I say."

Voltire unshakled Kit and carried her away.

Artemus struggled at his chains "You bring her back, Loveless?!"

"You will see her soon Mr. President, as long as you mind your manners."

Three of Loveless' hinchmen stood in front of him guns trained on Artemus as they unshakled him. "Follow me Mr. President"

Artemus did as instructed.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  09:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Voltire left Kit on a bed in a small room and left locking the door. Once she was sure he was gone she sat up the world spinning a bit but it soon steadied itself. Looking around the room had no windows and only the one door. She looked down at her clothes wondering why she was dressed like this and for a split second that she had had to much to drink with the other soilders in her regeiment but no they didn't know who she was this was all together diffrent.
She stood and looked around the room,The walls were rock but surely there was something she could use to open that door, she had to get out of here and find out what was going on...

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  11:17:49  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Written by Pet

Pet and Apple reached the mansion and quietly approached the barn. Looking in they found it to be deserted. Further inspection showed that Loveless had left in a hurry. He hadn't bothered to take the tack or other supplies he had stored there. Pet looked at Apple and grinned. Apple, knowing what was going through her partners mind, rolled her eyes as Pet filled the pockets of her saddle bag with assorted items.

They headed for the mansion and carefully and quietly entered, guns drawn. Pet suggested they split up in order to search the mansion faster and they agreed to meet in the lab after 15 minutes. Pet was to check the main floor and the basement while Apple took the top floor and the attic.

Might as well start with this room Pet said to herself as she opened the door.

Several rooms later Pet had come to the conclusion that the mansion was empty. After finishing her inspection of the main floor she headed toward the basement.

Pet descended the steps and looked around. There was a short hallway with doors on each side. The first two were locked and she decided to leave those for later. The next room was empty. Loveless must not have had time to loot enough to fill this room Pet thought as she closed the door. "What a shame," she snickered.

Slowly Pet opened the last door at the far end of the hallway, her gun drawn when she heard a noise coming from inside. This room contained crates and other items, many covered with dropcloths. Pet made her way through the room, lifting the cloths to inspect the contents. As she neared the back of the room she froze and aimed her gun at a large crate in one corner.

"Okay, whoever you are, come on out!" Pet ordered. Getting no response, she tried again. "We can do this the easy way, or the Pet way. I suggest the easy way." Pet said icily.

"Don't shoot," came a timid voice, "we're unarmed."

"Bess?" Pet questioned as Bess appeared around the crate, leading Jim.

"What are you doing here?" Pet and Bess asked in unison.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  11:18:53  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Written by Pet

"You first," Pet said as she holstered her pistol and leaned on a crate.

"In the confusion of Loveless's hasty retreat I grabbed Jim and headed down here. We've been hiding here ever since." She lowered her head. "I'm just sorry that I couldn't get to Arte and Kit too."

"Don't give it a second thought. I know where they're headed and the cavalry is on it's way." Pet reassured Bess. "But now we need to get going. Apple is searching the top floors and I'm supposed to meet her in the lab, so we might as well head up there." Pet looked at Jim, "He okay?"

"He's still drugged, it will take a few days to work itself totally out of his system," Bess told her. "Jim, you need to come with us. This is Pet, she is to be trusted. Do you understand your orders?" Bess asked Jim, who stared ahead blankly.

"I understand," Jim replied as he stood waiting.

Pet led the way to the lab as Bess helped Jim. They arrived just as Apple was coming down the hallway.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  15:03:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit waited until she heard footsteps in the hall and she lay back down and pretended to be still asleep, a young woman opened the door and left a tray on the table she left locking the door behind her.

Kit rolled over and sat up she lifted the lid off the food and it smelled delicious she was starving but she knew better than to eat it it was probably drugged. She picked up the small butter knife and grined not enough to hurt someone but could possible help her out of this mess. She walked over to the door and begain examining it again the hing pins seemed to be loose and after working on them a bit she managed to slide the door hinges apart whomever had her in here had not realized how resourceful she was. She made her way quietly back down the Hall where she heard voices she stopped next to a door an listened it seemed like an arguement was insuing on the other side.

She heard a voice "Mr. President sign this and this."

"I will not! Until I know my wife is safe."

"You don't sign this and she wont be safe."

Artemus crossed his arms in a very grant like pose and refused.
"Oh Alright, She should be awake by now, Voltire come with me you two watch the president."

Kit and stepped into another room next to the one Loveless and Voltire came out of once they had passed she stepped out and entered the room taking out the two henchmen Loveless had left she froze as she spun to see her comanding officer General Grant then she remembered she was in a dress surly he wouldn't recognize her.

"Sir, How did they capture you and where is the President?"

Artemus/ Grant looked at her concerned he couldn't figure out what to say. When he didn't speak she spoke again

"Sir are you alright? is the president with you?"

Artemus/Grant stood and walked over to her and placed his hands on her shoulders "My dear Julia what has he done to you? do you not rememeber who I am or what year it is."

Kit looked at him, whatever had been done to her commanding officer he was obviously confused she was not his wife.

"Sir you must remeber the President."

Anger filled those deep brown eyes but a softness toward her was in them and concern.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  07:18:10  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"That madman will pay for what he has done to you, Julia!" Arte (Grant) said in a low, deep growl. He was very upset, Kit could see it. She just didn't understand why General Grant thought she was his wife. Rather than upset him any further, she knew that she had to play along. Something terrible must have happened to the General while she was unconscious.

"Uh...please, Ulysses, don't glare so," Kit stammered out, hoping that she at least knew what Julia Grant would say to her husband to calm him. "I'm fine, really."

Arte's eyes softened a bit more, but he was still angry. He smiled ruefully at Kit. "You are a strong woman, my dear Julia." He reached out and touched her hand, then folded it between his own hands. Kit blushed at the comment, and the gesture of affection intended for another.

Kit knew that referring to the president was what had upset the general, so she stayed away from that topic for the moment. She would have to pay careful attention to find out just why it was so upsetting to him.

"Ulysses, what is going on? Why are we here? Who is that man?" Questions that the real Julia would ask. Nothing out of character. She must keep the general calm.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  07:26:29  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple was glad to see the other agents who had been under the influence of Dr. Loveless for far too long. "James, Bess, how are you feeling?"

Bess answered for the both of them, "I'm fine Apple, but Jim is still feeling the affects of the drug. It will take a few days for him to come back fully to himself." She went on to explain quickly that he would follow her orders, as well as Pet's.

"Jim, this is Apple. She is also to be trusted. Do you understand?"

"I understand." It was terrible to see the mighty Jim West under the power of another. Loveless was pure evil at times.

Apple turned to Pet, "The rest of the house is empty. He left some things behind, but I'm positive that he has a full lab where he is holed up in the caves in the Superstition Mountains. It's just like Loveless to be prepared that way."

Pet agreed. "We need to get word to Captain Hamilton that we have gone on to the cave." She turned to Bess. "We can't risk taking Mr. West over there at the moment. Can you take him and meet up with Captain Hamilton, tell him how to get to the cave?"

Bess nodded and listened carefully as Pet gave her the directions to the caves. The foursome then split up, Bess and James going off in the direction of the cavalry's approach, and Pet and Apple heading toward the caves.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  07:28:14  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pet stopped not far from the mansion. "I forgot something, Deb." She turned Little Boy and took off at a gallop down the road, leaving Apple staring after her, dumbfounded yet again.

"PET! What do you have planned?" Apple yelled when she realized what her partner was up to. She turned Daisy and took off after Pet.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  17:23:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aretmus/Grant looked at her "I am not sure where we are I couldn't see where we were going But I will get you out of here."

He took her hand and they both headed toward the only door in the room out in the hallway they could hear loveless throwing a temper tantrum and Kit Looked at Artemus "Uly, I think he has noticed i disapeared."

Kit lead him into an ajoining room as several guards ran by. "this is not going to be easy."
Just then they both heared a revolver cock and menaical laughter "Nice try, Mr. President."
Voltire grabbed Artemus/Grant and held him fast Kit stepped forward "You little man will let my husband go." Kit had to figure this small man was nuts after all the president was Lincolin and Grant still a general.
"On step closer Mrs. Grant and I will shoot."

"Loveless if you harm her." Artemus Growled
"Yes I know mr. President you are becoming as drool as that Mr. West."

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  09:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit/Julia took another step forward and Loveless' hand begain to shake "I will fire."

"Will you little man?"

"the name is Dr. Loveless."

"Well Dr will you honestly harm another living being, I mean after all Dr's are supposed to protect and heal"

"what would you know about being a Dr. you are a pampered wife of a president."

Kit/Julia took another step almost within reach.

Artemus/Grant was struggling in vain against Voltire what was Julia doing he knew her to be strong and brave but this was going to far what had Loveless done to her.
"Let my Husband go, and we will talk."

"About what you are only the wife of aman with power"

"Behind everyman is a wife who has his ear I am sure we discuss this rationaly." She had taken to more steps now she was close enough.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  13:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kit reached out quickly with her hand and snatched the gun from loveless she then pointed it at him and spoke as she moved towhere she could see the giant holding Grant. "Let him go or I will shoot this little man."

Loveless spoke "No you wouldn't you are just a woman"

She leaned in and hisses "Oh Dr. I have no idea what you have done to the general but I am in all of my faculties and I have killed before and wont hesitate to do it again."

"Well I suppose we can talk."

"Let him go."

"Voltire let the President go."
Voltire did as instructed and took a step toward Kit she shot the gun in his general direction and then pointed it back at Loveless.
"We are going to leave now."

They made there way out of the room and headed down the hall. When a Kit/julia heard someone fall behind her she turned to look and Artemus/grant was out cold she pulled the small dart from his neck and cursed how could she be so careless. she pulled the unconsious man into a nearby room and she locked the door.

"Now what." Laughter filled the room as a white mist rose kit choked and made her way to the door she had underesimated this small ma she would have to return for the general. She managed to open the door and took two steps before falling unconsious.

Loveless steppe dout of a hidden room "Take her and chain her I will not make that mistake again."

Go to Top of Page

The_Reb_and_The_Deb
Secret Service recruit

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  16:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Posted by Pet and Apple:

Pet jumped off of little boy before she could pull him to a stop and ran into the mansion. When she got inside she headed directly to the lab opening her saddlebag she removed some time delayed explosives and placed them in various locations around the lab. Then Pet quickly made her way to the basement and made her way to the room where she had found Bess and Jim. Remembering that she had seen cases of kerosene and coal oil under the tarps, she planted several more time delayed explosives. Pet then turned and hurried out of the basement.

Apple had entered the mansion and followed the sounds coming from the basement. She was in the kitchen, where the door to the basement was located when Pet came running up the stairs.

"Oh, uhm...er...Hi, Apple," Pet hadn't expected to see her partner.

"Pet..."

"Not now, Deb, we gotta get outta here."

"Oh Lord, Pet, what have you left behind this time? Apple followed the quickly moving agent.

"If we get outta here in time, not us!" The two women were running at a full clip and burst through the front door. They ran a few steps across the portico, then leapt over the stairs and landed two yards away, just as the explosives in the lab went off. The explosion shattering testubes and equipment in the lab, as well as the windows on the main floor. As Pet and Apple stared, Pet remembered the kerosene and coal oil in the basement.

"Oh, hell!" Pet exclaimed as she grabbed Apple's arm and pulled her away at a run.

"Pet, what did you do in the basement to make us have to run further than we did for the lab explosion?" Apple gasped as they took shelter across the road in a gully.

Pet turned and looked at her partner. Before she could open her mouth to explain, the explosives in the basement did their work. The explosion rocked the ground where they lay flat. Both women raised their heads in time to watch the mansion explode in a shower of sparks, flames, thick black smoke, and bits of the building raining down on the area.

Not waiting for the smoke to clear Pet and Apple raced for their horses. "We need to get to the cave to stop Loveless and help our agents," Appled choked on the smoke.

"Yeah let's do that Deb. Ya' think Captain Hamilton will know what happened here?" She grinned at the Deb, her teeth glowing white through the soot covering her face.

"Let's just get moving." Apple spurred her horse toward the Superstition Mountains and Pet followed closely.

We always DO work together...separately.
Artemus Gordon, TNOT Burning Diamond
Go to Top of Page

The_Reb_and_The_Deb
Secret Service recruit

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  17:26:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was dark when Apple and Pet arrived at the caves. Pet knew her way around, thankfully, and the pair tied their horses in an outcropping of rocks where they couldn't be noticed.

Pet led the way, since she was known to the group of men working for Loveless. Apple had shoved a hat on her head and donned a pair of trousers earlier, and the soot on her face made her unrecognizable as the store clerk from Peterson's. Pet made some small talk with the group of now drunken gunmen and found out the approximate location of the prisoners.

The two women were able to subdue the guards further in the passage with sleeping gas that Apple had brought. Soon they heard Loveless as they passed a large cavern. They stopped to listen.

"That agent must not destroy my plans Voltaire!" he raged. The giant man simply nodded, hanging his head. "I have planned this so that Grant will be under my power. She cannot ruin that plan." He picked up a hypodermic and pushed the needle into the rubber stopper of a brown glass bottle. He shoved the plunger down, releasing the air from the hypodermic into the bottle, then turned it upside down and pulled the plunger back out, filling the syringe with a dark fluid.

Loveless held the glass tube up in the light. The amber drug glowed through the glass and seemed to hypnotize the mad doctor. "She must be reminded that she is the wife of the President of the United States, not an agent of the government."

Apple and Pet heard footsteps getting fainter so they risked being seen so that they could find out what Loveless was up to. There was no one in sight. The cavern was another lab, much like the one that Pet had blown up in the mansion, only much more extensive. There was comfortable parlor furniture at one end of the cavern, and the lab equipment was at the other end. The agents took advantage of there being no one in the room to look around. They found that Loveless had a large beaker filled with the same amber liquid that he had put into the hypodermic.

"This must be what he has been injecting everyone with," Apple said as she found several glass tubes and needles laying on the lab table. Suddenly she looked up at Pet. "He was going to inject Kit with that! That's the agent he was referring to!"

Pet nodded, "I'm sure of that! C'mon, we have to find them!" The lumbering steps of Voltaire could be heard coming from the other corridor, so the women hid themselves behind a group of stalagmites near the parlor area of the cavern. It was darker there, so they were able to hide in the shadows.

"That should should keep her under my control once and for all," Loveless cackled at his large assistant, who nodded and smiled. Pet and Apple looked at each other...they needed to find Kit and Artemus as quickly as possible.

Go to Top of Page

The_Reb_and_The_Deb
Secret Service recruit

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  17:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soon Loveless and Voltaire left the cavern and Pet and Apple were able to steal away from their hiding spot. They had agreed that they would find the two agents and reassure them that the cavalry was on it's way and to play along with whatever Loveless said, for the time being.

They split up to enlarge their search area, Pet going off to the right, and Apple off to the left. Apple crept along the corridor, the way lit by torches every 4 yards or so. Enough light to see, and enough shadow to hide quickly if someone came along. She came to a place where another passageway branched off, and instinct told her to follow it. It was darker, so she took a torch from the wall and used it to light her way. As she came around a curve in the wall of the cave she found a door.

Apple turned the handle. It was locked, of course. After putting the torch into an empty sconce on the wall she pulled the lockpick from the brim of her hat, and carefully slid it into the lock. A few quick turns and it was unlocked. She replaced the lockpick and then slowly turned the door handle.

The door opened without a sound. She looked into the room, then opened the door wider. In the middle of the room, which was lit by a few candles placed around the area, was a large boulder. Kit was chained to it much like she had been in the mansion. Manacles around her wrists, though this time she was seated, her head hanging.

Apple grabbed the torch from the wall then quickly shut the door. She rushed to Kit's side. "Kit, Kit!" She was shaking her.

Kit looked up, a dazed look on her face. "My dear child, what are you rambling? My name is Julia Grant."

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000