Page: of 11

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  15:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

The cavalry medic was with Apple and Artemus, checking their vital signs. Apple was still under the impression that she was Julia Grant, and Artemus was fading in between being himself and believing that he was still President Grant.

Kit and Bess were able to bring Pet over to the site where the medic was attending to the other, so that he could keep an eye on her.

(Ok, I have no idea where to go with this next, but I wanted to add something. If it doesn't work, Pet you may delete it at willKit or anyone else, if it doesn't work for you, let me know and it is gone!)

It's better than what I got today which so far is nuthin but can I delete it anyway? snerk this works ma'am i'm on it like water on oil lol.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  15:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as the cavalry was about to reenter the cave and search for Loveless the mountain was once again rocked by several small explosions. Dirt, rocks, uprooted trees and dust was everywhere. The soldiers scrambled for any cover they could find to wait out the raining debris. Captain Hamilton rolled his eyes knowing there was only one person who could have been responsible for the torrential explosions.

An old prospector came up to the grouped cavalry men and asked what all the commotion was about. One of them told him what had happened and he told them what he had seen on his way toward town. The soldier hurried him through the ranks toward Captain Hamilton.

“Sir, I think you need to hear what this man has to say.” The soldier waved in the prospector’s direction.

“Sir, you have something important to tell me?” Hamilton asked kindly.

“Well, you see, me an ole Ruth here…we wuz headin inta town for supplies and we seen this here wagon runnin full tilt away from the mountain. He seemed in an awful hurry.”

“What did the driver look like? Did you see what direction they were going?”

“He was a big man’s bout all I can recollect. He was headed South. Meebee towards the Flats. Don’t nobody run horses like that ceptin they’s runnin from somebody.”

“Thank you, sir. If you could I would like you to please stick around and give a full detailed statement to one of my men.” The prospector nodded and headed off with a soldier.

“You four…mount up and find that wagon. If it’s Dr. Loveless bring him back here.” Hamilton issued orders in rapid succession. “You three, set up a perimeter…no one goes in or out of that cave area without my permission. The rest of you…when the doc gives the orders take the agents back to town and get them settled into the hotel and have them wait there until I can get there to sort things out.”

There was a flurry of activity as everyone rushed to complete their allotted tasks.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  16:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The solders who had taken off after te wagon caught up with it in very little time the man slowed his horses and stop.

“What can I help you boys with?”

“You were seen driving away fro superstitions mountain rather quickly.”

The old man looked at the solider “wouldn’t you I thought that whole place was coming down on our heads. The rest of the miners found there horses and took off when the ground started shaking.”

“Miners?”

The old man got down off of his seat and opened the back flap of the wagon. “Coal fellas we found a small deposit here and was mining it for the people of Wesleyville. We didn’t mean any harm.”

The soldiers looked the load over and the one in charge spoke “No harm, you can go now. Wesleyville you say?”

“Yes sir”

“Our Commanding officer maybe in touch”

“Well the name is Sam Holstein.”

“Thank you sir.” With that the four solders made there way back toward Captain Hamilton.

Back with the others the Calvary Doctor gave the go ahead to take the agents back to town. Patrice/Kit said nothing she sat in the wagon with Pet on the ride back to town.

Meanwhile in the coal wagon Kit awoke to darkness it was pitch black her shoulder hurt with every bounce of what had to be a wagon. She used her good hand to feel around she was in a box a tight box, she moved her hand to try and feel a hing or a latch nothing it was sealed tight like a coffin. She yelled loudly but was sure no one could here her over the noise of the wagon. One particularly hard jolt and Kit winced in pain as the blackness took over yet again she wondered if she would ever wake up again, or if they planed to bury her alive.

Artie, "Come one step closer and I'll misspell your name!"
Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  13:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back at the Hotel Patrice/Kit set with Pet in her room being the diligent doctor even though she just wanted to wipe out these agents she had to wait for Loveless' order to do so.

Pet begain to come around it was now or never to see if the ruse would work. Patrice was worried but she also knew Pet was injured and if pet started anything she could make it look like an accident.

Pet was mumbling about Artemus being a blundering fool when she sat upright in the bed looking around as if trying to figure out where she was.

Patrice/Kit spoke softly "Pet its ok, you got a nasty blow to the head, but you will be alright."

Pet turned at looked at Patrice/Kit and shook her head as if trying to clear the Fuzzyness away.

"Pet what's wrong?" Patrice spoke in her best imitation of Kit's voice She held up her hands "How many fingers am I holding up?"

Pet still didn't answer and Patrice leaned in only to have Pet grab her collar and hiss "who are you? Where is Kit?"

"pet its me, Kit?"

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  19:49:21  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple and Artemus were given a syrum that would dilute the drugs they had been given. Although Arte had been fading in and out between being himself and Grant, he had been injected with Loveless's drugs over and over, and he would be longer at coming out of the effects than Apple.

Captain Hamilton stopped the cavalry doctor and asked him about Agent Byrne's condition. "She will recover fully, Wade. She just needs another day or so before she will be herself..." he looked stricken at his choice of words. Captain Hamilton had a sense of humor, though, and brushed it off. "Don't worry, Henry, I would have said something similar myself. May I see the agent?"

The doctor let him into Apple's room. As he approached the chair she was dozing in he brushed against a table. Apple woke, then started at the sight of him standing there.

"Captain, what are you doing in my room?" Apple was still under the impression that she was Julia Grant. "Has my husband requested that you protect me while he is away?"

Wade could only nod mutely. Henry better have his diagnosis correct, he thought.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2007 :  19:46:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lady, I do not know who you are but you are NOT Kitana Montgomery." Pet pushed her away and rose out of the bed.

Patrice/Kit took on an air of insult and tried to push her back.

"Pet, I am Kit. You have taken quite a knock to your head. Lie still and rest."

"NO! Where are Apple and Mr. Gordon? I need to find them."

"NO, you need to stay put. Don't make me get the cavalry in here." Patrice/Kit tried to sound as she thought Kit might.

Pet ignored her and pushing her out of the way she made her way out into the hallway and went in search of her superiors.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2007 :  10:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not knowing what else to do Partice/Kit pulled Pet back into the room as she noted the doctor heading down the hall. He entered the room and saw the struggle and reached in and separated the women.

"Hey now this is no way to treat a patient!" He admonished Patrice/Kit.

"And this is certainly no way for a patient to behave!" The doctor scolded Pet.

"I am sorry, sir but Miss Pet just isn't herself. She's incoherent and babbling about me not being who I am." Pet lunged at Partice/Kit.

"You are NOT Kitana Montgomery! I know Kit and lady you aren't her." The doctor pushed Pet back and hollered for an orderly.

They used a bed sheet Partice/Kit hastily tore for restraints and tied Pet to the bed. The doctor was puzzled...he had never seen a patient react so violently before.

"This is most distressing." He commented as the orderly looked on. "I have seen violent tendencies in severe cussions accompanied by memory loss before but never to this extreme. We will have to monitor her closely."

"Miss Montgomery, give her some laudanum...that should calm her down. And get a nurse to check on her every thirty minutes I want to be notified when she comes around again."

Patrice/Kit nodded and left the room trying to hide her smile. Laudanum would help her plans perfectly. The real Kit had mumbled something about keeping laudanum from Pet or she could relapse. Whatever...just enjoy your relapse Pet. I'll see to it that it's permanent. Patrice/Kit snickered to herself as she stopped at the nurse's desk.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  12:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Patrice/Kit had spoken with the nurse and was headed back to Pet's room with the laudanum as Bess came up behind her.
"Hey Kit? What's with the meds, I thought Pet was feeling better."

"I am afraid not, she was hit harder than I thought, the Calvery Doctor has suggested Laudanum to help her relax."

Bess followed Patrice Kit into the room running the name of the drug over in her head. "Wait Kit you can't give that to her."

"What why not?" Patrice/Kit looked at Bess a bit angry.

"Because you told me yourself that she can't take that as it might cause her to relapse."

"I was mistaken." She moved toward Pet and Bess stepped forward.

"Kit would not be mistaken about something like that. I will not allow you to give that to her."

Patrice/Kit glared at bess "and just what are you going to do about it."

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  16:12:26  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bess realized that something wasn't right with Kit. She softened her attitude and said,"Let me give her Laudanum, then, Kit. You haven't had a chance to rest, and you could be shaky." Bess held her hand out for the needle.

Patrice hesitated a second, started to hand the needle to Bess, then snatched her hand away. Trusting a Secret Service Agent? What had possessed her, if only for that second?

Bess was frightened for Pet and knew she had to act quickly. "Kit, please? You need to rest and you know that I am perfectly qualified to apply that hypodermic," Bess said in a beseeching voice. I hope this works.

Patrice decided that she had better act as though she were the real Kit. She handed the needle to Bess, unaware that the real Kit would never do so. Bess was astonished but was able to mask her reaction. "Thank you Kit, now you go and get some rest."

Patrice hesitated once again, but was reassured that Pet would receive the Laudanum, as she watched as Bess applied the needle to Pet's arm. Patrice left the room thinking that Bess would be suspicious if she didn't.

Bess listened as Kit walked down the corridor and away from the room where she and Pet were. I don't know what Kit is up to, but I intend to find out, she thought as she went to the bureau and plunged the hypodermic into a decorative pillow placed there.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  13:47:06  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On the Wanderer Ulysses S. Grant and his wife Julia were meeting with Colonel Richmond, Artemus Gordon, Apple Byrne, James West, and Captain Wade Hamilton. The agents and the Captain were debriefing the President on the events of the past few days.

"So Loveless is dead?" grumped Grant.

"As far as we know, however there was a witness who said that he saw a wagon speeding away from the area," Captain Hamilton told his Commander in Chief.

"Was his body found in the rubble?"

Arte took this question, "Not Loveless's, no, but the bodies of several of his men were found."

Jim chimed in, "And not Patrice and not Voltaire, either."

Grant was subdued and Julia Grant took his hand. He looked at her lovingly, then turned back to the agents, "And he wanted what exactly?"

"He wanted you to sign over the Territory to him and he was using Artemus to do it," Apple spoke up. "He drugged many of us, having us do his bidding. Kit was drugged and believed she was Julia, Arte believed he was you, sir, and James was drugged and simply followed the orders that Loveless gave him, more or less."

"Where are Agents Moore, Montgomery, and Pet now?" The president wanted to know.

Jim told him that Pet had been badly injured and that Agent Montgomery and Agent Moore, with their medical backgrounds, were keeping an eye on her. She would be all right in a few days.

"And the rest of you?" Julia Grant was worried about the agents.

"We are recovered, though still under watch for relapse, ma'am," Artemus told her.

"We wouldn't want more than one of you wandering around, dearest," Julia smiled at her husband, who laughed heartily at her joke.

"All right then, anything else to report?" None of the agents could think of anything, but Artemus was disturbed by some memory that wouldn't surface. He kept quiet about it though.

"All right then, my dear wife and I will be returning to Washington immediately. Thank you James, Artemus, for the use of your train during this time." He shook hands with the senior agents, then he, Julia, and Colonel Richmond took their leave of the group and departed on their own train for the capitol.

Apple had noticed that her friend seemed to be thinking hard about something. "Artemus? What is troubling you?"

He smiled down at her, "Blossom you always know when something is bothering a soul, don't you?" When she simply stared at him, waiting for a real answer he sighed. "All right, there is something. I just can't remember what it is. Something happened in that cave that I should remember, but I just can't."
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  14:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bess untied Pet after getting her to promise not to take off after Partice/Kit.

"Pet, how can you be certain that is not Kit?" Bess looked at her.

"Kit would never give me Laudanum. Not when I'm not fully over the morphine. And I jsut know Kit and that thing ain't her." Pet retorted with a fire in her eyes.

"Well, I don't think you're well enough to leave by yourself. Why don't I go find someone for you to talk to. Will you at least stay put until you talk to one of the senior agents?" Bess asked thinking quickly.

"I guess so. My head does still hurt not to mention...well yeah I will just hurry or I won't keep any promises."

Bess hurried from the room in search of their superior agents.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  14:51:42  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The agents left the varnish car to return to the hotel and find out how Pet was doing. Captain Hamilton left to rejoin his regiment while James, Artemus, and Apple entered the hotel lobby James went to the desk to check for messages. Artemus and Apple headed up the staircase to Pet's room just as Bess turned the corner from the corridor. "Arte! Oh good, we need you! Come with me."

Apple and Artemus were concerned and followed Bess as she hurried down the hall.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  15:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bess pulled them into Pet’s room and they were relieved when Pet sprang up. Bess actually looked surprised that Pet had stayed.

“What?” Pet saw the look on Bess’ face. “You didn’t think I’d keep my word?” Pet smirked.

“Can someone tell me what’s going on?” Artie asked taking a seat beside the bed.

“Pet why don’t you tell Artie?” Bess nodded as she pulled a chair over for Apple who nodded her thanks.

“It’s simple. I don’t know who that person pretending to be Kit is but it isn’t Kit.” Pet stated matter-of-factly.

All eyes looked at her as if she had lost her mind.

‘What do you mean, Pet? Of course that’s kit.” Artie looked at Bess with concern.

“Bess, maybe you better go find the doctor.” Apple suggested.

“That’s a fine idea, Deb you’re lookin a might peaked.” Pet replied icily. “As for me…I’m getting outta here.” Pet rose and grabbed for her clothes.

“You’ll do no such thing Pet.” Artie put his hand on hers to stop her getting a glare from Pet.

“I’d suggest you move your hand Mr. Gordon…I wouldn’t want to be to blame for you drawing back a bloody stump. I am going to find our Kit. You can either come with me or I’ll see to it that you stay here.” Pet’s glare told him she meant business and he slowly withdrew his hand.

“Pet just what is it that makes so you sure?” Artie asked her again.

“Whoever that person is she isn’t Kit. Kit would NEVER offer me Laudanum.” Pet stated just above a whisper avoiding Artie and Apple’s stares.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  16:03:01  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arte coughed and tugged at his ear as he looked at the floor, then up into Apple's face. "Of course she wouldn't, Pet," Apple said quietly.

Pet looked up at her partner, still angry. She pulled away from the group and headed to the women's bath down the hall to change her clothes. When she returned to her room Artemus had decided that he would accompany Pet in her search for Kit, and James had joined the group.

"Pet Arte has decided to accompany you in your search for Kit. I will stay here with Bess and Apple so that we can keep an eye on the Kit that we have here," Jim told her.

Pet looked at her partner, "Deb you don't want to come along and make sure your partner plays nice, do ya'?" Artemus looked at Jim quizzically, and Jim smirked.

"Apple, why don't you join Arte and your partner? It's probably a wise idea," Jim's smile betrayed him.

So it was decided that Jim and Bess would stay behind to keep an eye on who they thought was Kitana Montgomery and Artemus and Apple would go with Pet in search of the real Kit, if she was out there anywhere.

"Where do we start?" Artemus asked Pet.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  16:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“We start with the last people to see Kit.” Pet replied feeling a headache coming on. She grabbed a bundle of aspirin packets and a canteen of water her glare keeping everyone silent.

“There was that miner Capt. Hamilton told us about.” Artie ventured.

“Then point me in the right direction.” Pet headed toward the door.

“Hold on just a minute, Pet.” Apple’s tone stopped her in her tracks.

“What, Deb?” Pet didn’t turn around.

“There is a condition.”

“I don’t work under conditions.” Pet’s tone somber.

“You are along because you know Kit better than any of us.” Artie told her.

“So what’s the problem? We’re wasting daylight people.” Pet again headed for the door.

“Pet…you’re not really up to this but since you have your heart set on going we can’t stop you. But Artie will be in charge. What he says goes and you WILL listen to him.” Jim informed her. Pet seemed to think about the terms.

“Fine…whatever. Can we just leave now and go find Kit?” Artie rolled his eyes.

“Boy has she got a one track mind.” Artie chuckled.

"I'm not the only one with a one track mind." Pet muttered as she opened the door ignoring Artemus shocked and irritated look.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  17:28:40  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Let's go, Artemus, just leave her be," Apple tugged him by the arm and followed Pet down the corridor. Jim closed the door behind them and he and Bess headed toward the Wanderer.

Apple, Pet, and Artemus prepared to find the miner, but they first stopped to speak with Captain Hamilton about the man.

"He supposedly didn't see much, and we stopped the wagon that he did see. Looked inside, didn't see anything suspicious, according to the men who stopped the wagon."

"Wade, you trust your men?" Arte asked. The look Wade gave him made him hurry to finish, "Hear me out, pal. Do you trust them to have searched the entire wagon?"

Wade scratched his head, "Well, most of them, yes, Arte. The group I sent out, I hope so...I'm sorry, but it was hectic that night. Do you want to talk to them?" He sent a private to gather the team of soldiers who had gone out in the patrol that evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"W-w-w-e-e-l-l-ll, you see s-s-sir..." the young blond man stuttered and gulped. He turned pale under the scrutiny of the three Secret Service Agents (two of whom were very attractive females) and his commanding officer.

Arte talked quietly to the private, "Just tell us son. What did you see that night?"

"A wagon full of miner's sir. That's all, honest." He was terrified.

"Did you happen to look over the...entire wagon?" Arte kept his patience.

Pet was fuming in a corner where Apple had put her and was keeping her under her guard. Apple stared her down and Artemus was greatful for her presence. Pet could scare the life out of the private and they wouldn't get anything from him.

"N-n-no sir...s-s-s-orry sir." The private's blue eyes were downcast.

Arte put his hand on the shoulder of the blond boy, "What's your name, son?"

"Erik Gunderson."

"Well, Private Gunderson, you just get back to your duties and thank you for the information. You have been quite helpful." Arte dismissed him. The rest of the patrol had already been questioned and the same information had come from them.

Pet jumped from her seat and railed at Artemus. "Are you done? We have NOTHING from that group! They didn't do their duty and search that wagon..." her yelling was stopped by the hand that Artemus put up in front of her. She snapped her mouth closed, knowing full well that he could send her back to the hotel, or worse, to Washington.

"Pet, I do my job my way, you tend to fly off the handle..." Apple snickered at Arte's words, then stepped back from Pet's glare. "Calm down, we have more information than we had before we spoke with these men. We know that Sam Holstein was the name of the wagoneer. That is a great deal of information, if you ask me."

Pet had her arms crossed and would not at look Arte or Apple. "Yeah a whole hell of a lot of information. Great. NOW can we go search for Kit?" Pet stomped out of the building and toward Little Boy, as Apple and Artemus followed.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  17:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet jumped on Little Boy and headed out in the direction they had seen the wagon head. The trail is so cold it will take a while to find her. Pet thought irritated. She didn’t bother to look behind her to see if her “sidekicks” were following at this point she didn’t really care. She rode hard and fast trying to find some small clue to follow.

Artie looked toward Apple and shook his head. They had had to almost run to even try to catch up with her. They were almost caught up and they had been riding for nearly an hour! That really is one fine steed she has Artie thought.

“Pet, slow down…you’re going to tire your horse!” Artie shouted as they neared her.

Pet didn’t reply she just pulled on the reins and let them catch up. She jumped off her horse and began to look at tracks in the dirt grimacing as her back pulled. Apple watched her closely but Pet never faltered.

“They went this way.” Pet climbed back up on her horse amid the stares of her comrades.

“And you know this how?” Artie asked incredulously.

“You taught the tracking class Mr. Gordon…did you not see the signs back there?” Pet drawled.

“The wagons used by miners have slightly wider wheels to accommodate the heavier payload. This one also carried what I think was a concealed one as well.” Pet didn’t wait for consent she headed off in the direction the wagon had taken.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  08:37:32  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I know that miner's wagon wheels are wider for heavier payloads..." Arte grumbled under his breath as he and Apple spurred their horses on to keep up with Pet. He was irritated with Pet and it was starting to bother him that she always seemed irritated with him. He was going to have to sit down with her and hash this out when this investigation was over.

Apple could feel the tension between the other two agents getting more palpable. Pet was her partner and she felt loyalty to her though she knew practically nothing about her. Artemus had been her friend for years. What Pet had against him Apple couldn't guess. She decided that she would continue to keep an eye on the situation brewing between them and step in if warranted. She hoped that she wouldn't have to intervene.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  09:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They had been riding for several hours and Pet felt they were no closer to finding Kit than they had been when they left. Artie had insisted they stop to rest the horses, not to mention his sorry hide, Pet thought with a snicker, and she had pulled off from them sitting on a rock.

“Artie, I need to ask you something and I don’t want you to be offended by my question.” Apple began and Artie looked at her confused.

“All right, Apple shoot.” Artie folded his arms across his chest and settled back on the rock.

“I have been watching you and Pet and…well…have you said or done anything to make her angry with you?”

“Have I…no not at all. At least not that I am aware of.” Artie was perplexed by her question.

“She seems to have something against you. She seems to be fighting you more than anyone.”

“Well I was her instructor at the Academy. But nah…it can’t be that she was always a great student. Did all her work with no complaints. Of course she never joined in any of the discussions even when I could tell she had something to add. That’s when I would draw her out but she never seemed irritated by that.”

“With Pet how can you tell?” Apple whispered but Artie heard.

“I have noticed she keeps her emotions about as tightly sealed as Jim’s wallet.” Artie snickered, “But one thing I do know is that she’s loyal to her friends. Look…” he pointed toward the subject of their conversation.

“What is she doing?” Apple wondered.

“She’s scanning the trail ahead, trying to pick up any signs of Kit’s trail. I made her stop otherwise we wouldn’t stop until she finds Kit. She shouldn’t be here, Blossom but she feels a loyalty to so few people I didn’t think we should stand in her way. I’m just afraid of what she’ll do if we find Kit but we’re too late.” Artie shook his head.

Pet didn’t bother to inform her companions of her actions as she had spotted something up the trail she wanted to check out. She mounted Little Boy stiffly and pulled his reins and galloped off.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  11:14:52  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"So you're sure that Pet is right about Kit?" Apple asked as she took a sip of the black coffee in her cup. Arte nodded in answer.

"Yes, I'm fairly confident that Pet knows what she's talking about, Blossom." His face clouded with a question. "I just wish that I could remember..." he brushed the thought away.

"Remember what? What are you thinking Artemus?"

Arte sighed, "That's just it Blossom, I'm having trouble remembering things that happened when I was drugged. Something keeps pressing to get out, but as soon as it gets close, it's gone, like that!" He snapped his fingers.

"Where is she off to?" Apple grabbed Arte's arm and pointed in the direction in which Pet had ridden.

"I don't know, but we had better follow her. We don't need two missing agents!"
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  11:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet pulled Little Boy to a stop and slid from her saddle. She knelt in the dirt closely examining something she found. As Artie and Apple rode up Artie saw her pick up what appeared to be a lump of coal.

“What have you got there, Pet?” He asked.

“Must have fallen from your Christmas stocking.” Pet smirked as she tossed the ore to him causing Artie to regard her with a glare while Apple put her hand over her mouth to stifle a giggle.

“These tracks are far too deep to have been made by a wagon with only a driver. Kit had to be in there somewhere. Those dolts probably didn’t think to look for any secret compartments. This wagon isn’t making deep enough depressions to have been a fully loaded wagon they thought it was.” Pet threw another small chunk of coal she had picked up.

“Pet, we will find Kit. You’ve done an awesome job finding her trail so far.” Apple tried to reassure her.

“Failure is not an option, Deb. I will find Kit and she will be alive.” Pet got back on her horse.

“You coming Mr. Gordon or are you going to stand there all day staring at your Christmas present like an imbecile?” Pet spurred her horse onward as Artie stared open mouthed at her retreating back.

“Blossom, I just have to figure out what I did to her.” Apple merely nodded

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  11:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim opened the door to the train only to find Patrice/Kit rumiging through some things Bess stepped in behind him, as He spoke "Agent Montgomery what are you doing?"

Patrice/Kit spoke quickly "I was looking for some notes I had left here before or last assignment."

Bess stepped forward "What kind of notes?"

"Medical notes of course, If you will excuse me I need to go check on Pet"

Jim Blocked her way "Just a minute, Bess and I were discussing some things on the way over and well we have a few questions to ask."

"It will have to wait Mr. West I have a patient to attend to."

Jim didn't move and Bess made her way behind Patrice/Kit and grabbed her arms.

"Bess what are you doing? Have all of you gone mad?" as she twisted Jim noticed something jus a breif flash. He reachedd up and pulledd the wig off and underneath was blonde hair he then removed the latex mask and there stood Patrice discoverd.

"How did you know she hissed?"

"Because Kit would never have left any of her patients alone nor would she give someone recovering from a morphine addiction Laudnam."

JIm Looked straight at her "where is the real Agent Montgomery"

Patrice just smiled "Dead, Loveless shot her"

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  11:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet stopped when she realized the trail branched off as if there were now two trails. She examined them carefully before abandoning the wagon trail after marking the spot. Artie and Apple looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. They had no idea what their fellow agent was up to or where she was leading them. One thing Artie could be sure of was that wherever they were headed Pet seemed more determined that never to get there.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  11:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the small town of wesleyville Loveless and Voltire rested in the hotel.

"Drat those Agents, But I have the last laugh once Patrice contacts us we will distroy them all." Loveless begain to laugh as did Voltire.

Meanwhile the Agents unknowingly were closing in on Loveless and Volire they had followed the trail of the wagon to the out skirts of Weslyville.

Go to Top of Page

kitana
SS novice field agent

1578 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  12:04:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wagon had driven away from Weslyville carring only its box now. The young driver had been paid well to take the box on and drop in somewhere where it wouldn't be found. He didn't care what was in the box cuz the pay would give him enough to start over and that he needed. He drove down a untrodden path and covered the wagon with dead brush, he unhitched the horses and rode them away.

Not far from this place a older woman lived with her two sons and young daughter her husband had been killed during the war and she had struggled to keep thier modest farm. As the day grew on she became worried her boys had not returned from a hunting trip. Finally she heard a noise from outside and she found them using thier horses to pull in a wagon.
"Thomas, where did you boys get that wagon?"

"Found it Ma all covered in brush and no owner around, so Eli and me decided to use it to bring back the dear and seein' there aint o owner.."

Eli interuppted"Ma there is a box in the back long one looks kinda like a coffin"

The old woman looked in the back and instructed her boys to open the box if it was a coffin then the least they could do was bury the poor soul. As the boys pried the box lid off the stopped and looked at each other the old woman being to short to see into the box looked at the boys "Well?"

"Its a body Ma, a woman"

"Well then put the lid back on and we will bury her in the mornin' least we can do for keepin the wagon."

Thomas spoke as he saw a slight movement "Ma she aint dead."

Just great the old woman thought I can't 'ford to feed my own much less another she stared to tell the boys to just nail it shut anyway but that was only a fleeting thought.
"Thomas bring her in the house, Eli go down to Brownsprings and fetch Doc Johston I'll have Sarah put on some water."
After Thomas took Kit into the house he left to tend the horses and deal with the deer they had killed before Sara his younger sister came out to help.
The old woman cleaned Kit up with the warm water careful of her wound and covered her up to wait on the doctor she could tell this young woman ws in bad shape and they may need that coffin after all.

Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  12:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pet stopped at the edge of town wondering why anyone would come to this dirt water town on purpose.

“Pet, mind telling us why you picked up this trail and left the obvious one back there?” Artie wanted to know.

“If I have to.” Pet rolled her eyes at him.

“I, too am curious as to why you left the trail you had your heart set on.” Apple said.

“This trail had one rider with little or no weight. Had to be Loveless. He must be meeting whoever has Kit. Fine Loveless and I find Kit a whole lot faster than wandering around the countryside.”

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  12:27:49  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A tall woman entered the hotel with her trunks and bags. She checked in and two porters were dispatched to show her to her room and carry her bags.

The hotel clerk watched her walk up the stairs, fascinated by such a creature as she. "Lovely, just lovely," he whispered to no one in particular.

The porters left the room and Veronica Little closed the door behind them. Turning her attention to her trunks she unlocked one and extracted a bundle of blankets. Pulling back a corner the face of Dr. Loveless was revealed.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  13:09:18  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arte's growling stomach led the trio to an eatery in Wesleyville. They hitched their horses in front of the Silver Spoon and Artemus ushered the women inside ahead of him. Pet mumbled something under her breath about chivalry as she passed him.

"Smells wonderful," Apple was hungrier than she had suspected. They sat down at a table that afforded them a view of the street. Arte perused the menu then glanced at his companions. Apple was engrossed in the menu as well, but Pet was antsy. Her blue eyes scanned the room, the street, and she craned her neck to look through a hallway toward the back of the establishment.

Arte cleared his throat. "Have you decided what to have for supper, ladies?" Pet glared at him and kept scanning the area. The waitress approached and took their orders. Apple and Arte had thoroughly read through the menu and made informed decisions, but Pet told her to bring the quickest meal the cook could prepare.

Coffee and water was put down before the agents and Arte put sugar in his, then passed the bowl to Apple. Pet drank hers straight down, hot and black. "Will you please be still?" Apple was growing irritated and let her partner know it.

"I don't want to sit here while Kit is in his clutches," Pet growled at her. Apple was having none of it. "Well you have to eat or you will drop over in the desert and the vultures will have YOU in their clutches!"

"Ladies, ladies. Enough with the animosity, if you please. We need to work together and that isn't going to happen if we are all at each other's throats!" Arte interceded. Apple's eyes were downcast, but Pet kept up her surveillance. Arte sighed.

The food arrived and the three ate in silence. Suddenly Pet was out of her chair and out the door. Arte and Apple, surprised at the quickness of the movement, did not fully understand what was happening at first.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  13:32:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Artie wiped his mouth and hastily tossed his napkin on the table after quickly paying for their meals. They had to run to catch up with Pet who was already across the street and heading into the hotel.

Apple saw something across the street she thought warranted investigation and she told Artie to catch up to Pet she would join them shortly and she hurried across the street.

Artie followed Pet into the hotel just in time to see her grabbing the clerk by his lapels and dragging him across the counter.

“Hey enough of that!” Artie scolded as he pulled Pet away.

“Just what information do you think you’re going to get out of him that way?” he glared at her.

“He knows which room Loveless is in and he won’t talk. One sure fire way to make him talk that I know of.” Pet pulled back as Artie smoothed the man’s jacket.

“Now, I’m sure if you told the clerk who you are and what you want to know he’ll be more than happy to help, won’t you?” Artie asked nicely.

“L-like I t-tried to t-tell her we don’t have a midget staying here.” The clerk nervously replied.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  13:49:06  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apple entered the lobby as the clerk stuttered out his reply about the midget. "He hasn't seen him, you know." Pet and Artemus turned to face her. "Loveless is here all right, but he was invisible to this man."

The clerk's eyes widened, "Invisible?! What do you mean invisible?"

Apple shook her head at him, "I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean actually invisible, I just meant that someone else brought him in here unseen." She approached him, smiling pleasantly. "Did you by any chance have a rather tall woman check in recently?"

The clerk blushed, "Why yes, a lovely creature she was, too." He checked the registration book, "A Miss Veronica Little," he turned the book so that Apple could see the signature. Again Apple smiled at him and thanked him. She led Arte and Pet away from the counter.

"He's here all right. The rather tall woman? I just saw her in the street." Arte's face lit into a grim smile and Pet shifted her weight from left foot to right foot and back again. "Well Deb?"

Artemus broke in, "Voltaire?"

"Yes. He is dressed as a woman to take the suspicion away from him, but he is more conspicuous now!" Apple declared.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000