Fan Fiction Challenges
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

penstroker
SS 1st assignment - desk job

102 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2007 :  08:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In order to encourage both the new and veteran writers on our board, we are going to start issuing monthly fan fiction challenges. Please see the topic on the discussion board for examples.

The schedule of volunteers is:

October: Bess

November: Red

December: Boxy

January: Arabella

I will ask them to email me their challenge around the first of their scheduled month so I can post them here. Please keep them family friendly. If anyone wants to volunteer for a month, please contact me. You can issue a challenge, without actually writing a story. I will give further instructions after our first challenge.

Thanks and I hope everyone enjoys it.

Penstroker

penstroker

102 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  20:46:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The October Challenge, courtesy of Bess is:

Create an original character, but not a role-playing type character (one that's based on yourself). Re-write the intro, a short scene or the tag from your favorite episode, with your new character in it. You can create a villain, innocent bystander, love interest, etc...Your imagination is your limit. All four seasons are fair game. There is no minimum length, but there is a ten page maximum.

Please post the stories to the appropriate fic board with your story title plus "Oct 07 Challenge Fic" in title of the post.

Thanks Bess for the great idea to kick us off.

Penstroker
"The Queen of Angst"

"I guess simple girls like me should just never leave home." Laurie in TNOT Casual Killers
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Col. Richmond (SS Director)

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  08:57:02  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by penstroker

Please post the stories to the appropriate fic board with your story title plus "Oct 07 Challenge Fic" in title of the post.

Two things:

1. Folks, post your challenge entries as replies to whoever posts theirs first -- that way all challenge entries will be in the same thread.

I suggest doing this with vignette-sized challenges. When the challenges are full stories, then they should be posted separately. This helps keep the FF boards organized.

2. Is there a due date for challenge?

-Yours in (secret) service,

------------->>>>> <<<<<-------------
Colonel Richmond, SS Director

admin@wildwildwest.org
Go to Top of Page

penstroker

102 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  17:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

2. Is there a due date for challenge?

Let's set October 31st as the tentative deadline. Depending on participation, it may be extended.

Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  19:16:51  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there anyway we could extend the October deadline. I'm trying to get mine finished up.

Thanks!

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

penstroker

102 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  08:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take as long as you want. I think the due dates can be flexible. We may go ahead and let Red issue the November challenge. The more fic ideas the better I say!!

Penstroker
"The Queen of Angst"

"I guess simple girls like me should just never leave home." Laurie in TNOT Casual Killers
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  18:43:54  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks penstroker! This month has been a little crazier than I'd thought it would be!

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  09:54:43  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage  Reply with Quote
November Challenge!

Actually a different one than I had proposed to penstroker

create a story or episode or what-you-will where James West and Artemus Gordon are not the heroes, but do play a part in the story, and someone else is the hero of the day, Tennyson, Colonel Richmond, President Grant are some that I would like to see or if you wish, you could make up an enitrely new character

recap:
~Jim West and Artemus Gordon must make an appearence
~but someone else is the hero (the definition and type of hero Io leave up to you)

whoever posts first please include "Nov 07 Challenge Fic" as the Topic are everyone else please reply to the topic

(I swear I will post to the October Challenge, but tonight I AM going out (you're never too old to go out!) in my home-made Renn. Costume (Antoinette can kiss my feet )

~Red

http://rdpieters.etsy.com

Quality Over Quantity
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000