THE WILD WILD WEST  @ wildwildwest.org
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Wild Wild West - Chat and Play
 Wild Wild West General Discussion Board
 Favourite lines of dialogue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 222

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  16:27:59  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Double Take

"All right, Wanda, cut it."
Season 2



OOOH! I know that I know this one...

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  17:49:23  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

quote:
Originally posted by Double Take

"All right, Wanda, cut it."
Season 2



OOOH! I know that I know this one...

Artemus to the secretary Wanda in Feathered Fury I KNEW IT! Just had to look at it to be sure. Wanda was later seen about to be kissed by Mr. Gordon when a warning flare went off from the train.Too bad, so sad...

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Double Take
SS novice field agent

USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  18:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

quote:
Originally posted by Double Take

"All right, Wanda, cut it."
Season 2



OOOH! I know that I know this one...

Artemus to the secretary Wanda in Feathered Fury I KNEW IT! Just had to look at it to be sure. Wanda was later seen about to be kissed by Mr. Gordon when a warning flare went off from the train.Too bad, so sad...


Hhmmph! And I thought I had a good one. No shirtless Artie in my next story.
Take it away, Apple.
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  18:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Double Take

quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

quote:
Originally posted by Double Take

"All right, Wanda, cut it."
Season 2



OOOH! I know that I know this one...

Artemus to the secretary Wanda in Feathered Fury I KNEW IT! Just had to look at it to be sure. Wanda was later seen about to be kissed by Mr. Gordon when a warning flare went off from the train.Too bad, so sad...


Hhmmph! And I thought I had a good one. No shirtless Artie in my next story.
Take it away, Apple.



HEY just because she doesn't have the manners to wait a decent amonut of time is no reason to punish the rest of us

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8373 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  18:09:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to have to watch Feathered Fury again. Not only did I not remember a "Wanda," I had no idea that Artie's date was said Wanda, the secretary. Of course, I don't scrutinize Artie's activities as closely as some...

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

Double Take
SS novice field agent

USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  18:24:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by California gal

I'm going to have to watch Feathered Fury again. Not only did I not remember a "Wanda," I had no idea that Artie's date was said Wanda, the secretary. Of course, I don't scrutinize Artie's activities as closely as some...


I didn't realize his date was Wanda either. Listen to the music when Jim enters the toy shop. It is "My Grandfather's Clock", the chorus is "It stopped short, never to go again, when the old man died." It must be referring to Heinnrich Sharff - I never caught that before.
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8373 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  18:32:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, the events Apple mention occur in the opposite order. Artie deserts his date when he sees the signal, and THEN they are in the colonel's office looking at the projector when Artie tells Wanda to "cut it." I'll have to review again to see if that's actually Wanda who gets left in the lurch.

Funny, DT, just as I read your comment about the song, it was playing on TV. I'd never noticed that before either. Wonder how many people these days even know the song. We sang it in school all the time.

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  18:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by California gal

Actually, the events Apple mention occur in the opposite order. Artie deserts his date when he sees the signal, and THEN they are in the colonel's office looking at the projector when Artie tells Wanda to "cut it." I'll have to review again to see if that's actually Wanda who gets left in the lurch.




I seem to remember the girl Artie left looked like a mannequin. That was brought up before as I recall.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  18:54:09  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Double Take

quote:
Originally posted by California gal

I'm going to have to watch Feathered Fury again. Not only did I not remember a "Wanda," I had no idea that Artie's date was said Wanda, the secretary. Of course, I don't scrutinize Artie's activities as closely as some...


I didn't realize his date was Wanda either. Listen to the music when Jim enters the toy shop. It is "My Grandfather's Clock", the chorus is "It stopped short, never to go again, when the old man died." It must be referring to Heinnrich Sharff - I never caught that before.

Is that the name of that tune?? I have the Fisher Price clock that plays it...I remembered it from my childhood and found the clock at a yard sale (25 cents!) last summer while researching my fanfic that I am still working on...

As to the order, Cal Gal...I know. Just saw that. And Dieter? That is NOT a mannequin.It can't be...and it might not be Wanda, but she sure looks like her.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8373 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  19:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, definitely not a mannequin. She moved!

Yes, that song is Grandfather's Clock. I don't remember all the words.

Anyone ever notice that when Manzeppi is floating away in the balloon at the end, the Latin he is reciting appears to be the translation of "All of Gaul is divided into parts of three..."

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  22:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After all these post you might have forgotton but Apple you won the guess so it's your turn.

Make our brain cells work!
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  06:57:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chibbi

After all these post you might have forgotton but Apple you won the guess so it's your turn.

Make our brain cells work!



She has a hubby with pneumonia trying to do too much and a bunch of kids running around she'll get to it...eventually...I think.

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8373 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  07:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the meanwhile we can get ready by watching all 104 episodes and memorizing the dialogue...

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  07:16:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by California gal

In the meanwhile we can get ready by watching all 104 episodes and memorizing the dialogue...



What...you haven't done that yet? I'm surprised at you Ma'am

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8373 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  07:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I do have Pistoleros memorized. Does that count?

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by California gal

Well, I do have Pistoleros memorized. Does that count?



Sure it counts...if the quotes happen to come from that ep

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:29:33  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chibbi

After all these post you might have forgotton but Apple you won the guess so it's your turn.

Make our brain cells work!

Honey, I have the memory of an elephant; I didn't forget. I am so sorry that I let real life get in the way!

Here it is:

"Ollie, ollie, oxen free."

Season 1

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:43:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That line was actually in an episode of WWW?
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

That line was actually in an episode of WWW?


My thoughts exactly. Read that and went "Huh?!!!".
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:52:40  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Yes it was.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

YankeeGal
SS novice field agent

1009 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wild guess time:

That creepy party hostess from Gruesome Games?

Rhoda to Norbert Plank:
"And what if West comes back"?
*West crashes through window*
Jim: "I AM BACK".

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:53:51  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL...nope, but a good guess.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YankeeGal

Wild guess time:

That creepy party hostess from Gruesome Games?


Season 1 not 4.
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YankeeGal

Wild guess time:

That creepy party hostess from Gruesome Games?



Couldn't be. That's season 4.

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Artiespet
SS senior field agent

USA
5113 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chibbi

quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

That line was actually in an episode of WWW?


My thoughts exactly. Read that and went "Huh?!!!".



Well then I guess you'd best get started viewing eps

Agents! Ya can't live with them. And Admin takes a rather dim view to ya blowing em up.
Go to Top of Page

Double Take
SS novice field agent

USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not only was it used, but I remember Googling it to see what it meant. I can hear, see it (I think), I am reasonable sure about the episode but I can't remember the guy's name! It'll have to wait until I get home unless one of yall gets it first!

Course I could be totally totally wrong on all accounts (except the bit about googling it)
Go to Top of Page

YankeeGal
SS novice field agent

1009 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  08:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

quote:
Originally posted by YankeeGal

Wild guess time:

That creepy party hostess from Gruesome Games?



Couldn't be. That's season 4.



oops

Rhoda to Norbert Plank:
"And what if West comes back"?
*West crashes through window*
Jim: "I AM BACK".

Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  09:02:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can only picture Dr. Loveless saying that in one of his episodes.
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  09:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Double Take

Not only was it used, but I remember Googling it to see what it meant. I can hear, see it (I think), I am reasonable sure about the episode but I can't remember the guy's name! It'll have to wait until I get home unless one of yall gets it first!

Course I could be totally totally wrong on all accounts (except the bit about googling it)


Great minds think alike. I did the same. I have an inkling of who it might be but will have to double-check. Of course I might risk a guess after a bit of pondering.

Hmmmm....*ponder, ponder ponder*
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  09:12:00  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by YankeeGal

quote:
Originally posted by Pidgeon

quote:
Originally posted by YankeeGal

Wild guess time:

That creepy party hostess from Gruesome Games?



Couldn't be. That's season 4.



oops

It's still a good guess, Yankee gal!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 222  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000