Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 223

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8376 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  07:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did NOT say it was not spoken by neither Jim nor Artie. Someone said it was spoken about Jim and I said no it was not.

And no, your idea of looking for a fat man is not right.

Hope that helps.

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8376 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  07:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chibbi

quote:
Originally posted by California gal

Why do I get the impression that you're wrong?

Maybe but who gets into the most trouble on the show.

What do you mean "maybe"? I know where the quote came from and who said it, and who it referred to.

Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8376 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  07:47:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wildwildwestchicky

OHMYGODOHMYGOD! I got it!!!!!!!

It's Jim (as Robert Crandell) talking to Agent Richard Henry about Artie (who's playing a Mexican Colonel) in "The Night of the Freeboaters."

Am I right????

You got it, WWWChicky! Congratulations on your first win. Did you watch the episode?

Now... the challenge is to find a challenging quote.

And don't be surprised if you think you found a tricky one and someone gets it in 30 seconds. Then you decide oh well, I'll just put this easy one out there--and no one gets it!

- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

wildwildwestchicky
SS novice field agent

USA
971 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  09:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

OHMYGODOHMYGOD! I got it!!!!!!!

It's Jim (as Robert Crandell) talking to Agent Richard Henry about Artie (who's playing a Mexican Colonel) in "The Night of the Freeboaters."

Am I right????

You got it, WWWChicky! Congratulations on your first win. Did you watch the episode?

Now... the challenge is to find a challenging quote.

And don't be surprised if you think you found a tricky one and someone gets it in 30 seconds. Then you decide oh well, I'll just put this easy one out there--and no one gets it!

Thanks, Cali Girl! And may I dare to say "whoopie!"?

Yeah, I watched the episode--but I was purely for the sake of watching it. I hate to admit it, but I'd given up on "the search." So I thought Keenan Wynn might cheer me up.

You were right, though--I never, ever would have guessed it was from that episode unless I'd watched that scene five times over (true story ). But I'm happy to finally get one--even if it was purely by accident.

Now--in search of the oddest, most unheard of quote ever to be said on our beloved show, "The Wild Wild West"!

WWWchicky :>

Artie: James…you’re always hanging around.

Jim: An occupational hazard—lately, I seem to get tied up in my work.

--The Night of the Firebrand
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8376 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  09:12:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since the game started, I've been keeping a file of "quotes." Sometimes when watching an episode I'll notice something that I decide just might be a tricky quote to post! I make a note of it and then enter it into the file.

Funny thing, I usually have to include a note of not only which episode and speaker, but who it's said to and why. Otherwise I find myself looking back at them later and thinking, what? Is that right?

- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

wildwildwestchicky
SS novice field agent

USA
971 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  10:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Since the game started, I've been keeping a file of "quotes." Sometimes when watching an episode I'll notice something that I decide just might be a tricky quote to post! I make a note of it and then enter it into the file.

Funny thing, I usually have to include a note of not only which episode and speaker, but who it's said to and why. Otherwise I find myself looking back at them later and thinking, what? Is that right?

I've been doing something sort of like that, except with sticky notes. They're posted all over the computer screen, which is good, because now I can pick through them and pick which one I like.

The problem, though, is I can't see the screen anymore.

Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8376 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  10:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I can see where that could get to be a problem!

- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  10:52:03  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The nice thing about post-its is that they are removable...

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  16:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I did that myself in the beginning. I still have a few that I jotted down in my little green book that I look up when I need one. Perhaps the next round...
Go to Top of Page

wildwildwestchicky
SS novice field agent

USA
971 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  06:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry it's taking a while for me, guys! I had an end-of-the-summer party to go to, and I didn't get a chance to go on until really late. And by then my brain was fried!

I'll find a good one--you'll see!

Go to Top of Page

wildwildwestchicky
SS novice field agent

USA
971 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  10:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Attention WWW fans--I have a quote!

I hope it isn't too easy, but if nobody knows it, I'll give a hint or two. I'm pretty sure no one has done this one yet, though if you have this written down somewhere, it'll probably take you about two seconds to figure it out.

In any case, good luck!

This one is from Season 1:

"I'm a man alone."

Happy Hunting!

Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  12:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good quote, WWWchicky-----because I have no clue who said that so far!!
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8376 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  12:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me neither. I can't put a voice to it--yet.

- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  12:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love a good weekend hunt, and I've got a quote I'm dying to try out. This is a really good one, too, chicky!
Go to Top of Page

wildwildwestchicky
SS novice field agent

USA
971 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  12:52:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neato! I wanted it to be a challenge--I didn't want you guys to get it too easily.

Have fun! :)

Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  13:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to take a stab at this.

(A fake drunk) Artemus to the bar maid in TNOT Puppeteer.

*2200 - Yes! Another century passes. Sorry about this but I'm the number'y type*
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  13:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

*2200 - Yes! Another century passes. Sorry about this but I'm the number'y type*

By Jove, I think she's got it!
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  14:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silver

quote:

By Jove, I think she's got it!

Gotta wait for W3chicky to confirm.

*2201 - just because*
Go to Top of Page

wildwildwestchicky
SS novice field agent

USA
971 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  15:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to report that it was not Artie to Wilbur in "The Night of the Puppeteer". But that was a good guess!

Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  15:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm sorry to report that it was not Artie to Wilbur in "The Night of the Puppeteer". But that was a good guess!

Ah, well. Back to the DVD's. Oh, the torture of it all.
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  15:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooooh! Sneaky, sneaky. This is a really good one.

And Yay! I still have a chance to get it. Boy, when I saw Chibbi's guess, I was sure she was right, that fits that scene and character perfectly. Just the sort of thing Artie would say when pretending to be drunk.

Question. Was he ever ACTUALLY drunk on the series? I'm not sure it was even possible; he had a prodigious capacity (TNOT Firebrand comes to mind, as does TNOT Bars of Hell).
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  15:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ooooh! Sneaky, sneaky. This is a really good one.

And Yay! I still have a chance to get it. Boy, when I saw Chibbi's guess, I was sure she was right, that fits that scene and character perfectly. Just the sort of thing Artie would say when pretending to be drunk.

Question. Was he ever ACTUALLY drunk on the series? I'm not sure it was even possible; he had a prodigious capacity (TNOT Firebrand comes to mind, as does TNOT Bars of Hell).

Nope.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  16:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You gotta admit though--Artie should have been totally drunk in Firebrand for sure after dumping as many shots of whiskey down as he did in that ep!! I think Jim was kinda drunk in Turncoat, wasn't he, after quitting the Secret Service.
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8376 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  16:12:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

You gotta admit though--Artie should have been totally drunk in Firebrand for sure after dumping as many shots of whiskey down as he did in that ep!! I think Jim was kinda drunk in Turncoat, wasn't he, after quitting the Secret Service.

I don't think he was any more drunk than Artie in Bars of Hell. Either they were secretly dumping their drinks or they had built up a high tolerance!

- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  16:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I doubt it. You see how stone cold sober he was when he left the bar. Definately a high tolerance.
Go to Top of Page

Silver
SS novice field agent

882 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  16:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I doubt it. You see how stone cold sober he was when he left the bar. Definately a high tolerance.

Wouldn't a contest between the two of them, to see who could drink who under the table, be a hoot? Not sure there's that much booze. But my money would be on Artie.

I heard that thought!
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  16:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HA!!! Yeah I guess they never really got drunk on the show. But GEEZ---If I pounded THAT many shots of whiskey in reality I'd be on the floor within the hour!!!
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  16:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Wouldn't a contest between the two of them, to see who could drink who under the table, be a hoot? Not sure there's that much booze. But my money would be on Artie.

I heard that thought!

That would have been a killer ending tag for an ep of www. Drinking contest between Jim & Artie. Last one standing is the weiner---I mean WINNER!!
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  16:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I heard that thought!

That would have been a killer ending tag for an ep of www. Drinking contest between Jim & Artie. Last one standing is the weiner---I mean WINNER!!

Like the drinking contest between Gimli and Legolas in the Two Towers movie? Now that was a hoot to watch!
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  16:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually never saw that. Maybe I should check those out one of these days.......
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 223 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000