Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  13:35:42  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Robert Conrad, star of our favorite program, The Wild Wild West. This thread is for questions to Robert, where he can find them and answer them when he has a chance.

Please everyone, feel free to post your questions here. All other discussion should be put on another thread, to keep this as simple as possible for RC.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  13:39:31  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you remember any specific 'Fun times" or jokes that happened on the set of WWW? Was Ross a jokester? (Sorry, I AM an Arte's Angel you know )

~Stacey

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Ecstasy La Joie
SS novice field agent

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  13:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Robert! What was the process for choreographing a fight scene and about how long did the process take? Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Torry
SS novice field agent

USA
610 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  15:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, here's the first of the questions I would love to ask RC:

which actors or actresses do you most admire yourself, or consider yourself a fan of?

[Jim] Artie, you will help, won’t you?
[Artie] Oh, sure. There’ll be two of us.
TNOT Legion of Death
Go to Top of Page

comocreek
SS 1st assignment - desk job

208 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  19:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob!!!

At what point during Season Four did you learn of the cancellation of the show? When they shot TNOT Cossacks, did you know it would be the last episode? During that time, did anyone approach you about ideas or direction of the show for a fifth season?

Thanks for your time!!!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2009 :  19:24:08  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening, Mr. Conrad.

Where did you all usually eat lunch while shooting the show?

Roger
Go to Top of Page

JTW
SS novice field agent

USA
557 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  12:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, welcome!!!

JTW...aka...Tennessee Joe.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Col. Richmond (SS Director)

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  13:18:40  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob,

Welcome!

My first question: How are you doing??

-Yours in (secret) service,

------------->>>>> <<<<<-------------
Colonel Richmond, SS Director

admin@wildwildwest.org
Go to Top of Page

Wildfan
SS novice field agent

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  13:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Mr. Conrad!
I'm also interested in what kind of scenerio there was for a 5th season.
Was Ross' health up to shooting a full 5th season?
Were the pressures of watering down the violence likely to have drastically altered the tone of the show?

BTW, I've been a fan since '65 and want to thank you for providing some of the best TV entertainment ever filmed!
Thanks for being part of this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Beckers
SS novice field agent

731 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  18:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mr. Conrad!

Q: Did you personally have any ideas how you would have liked to seen the direction of the WWW go? Any story ideas? Would you have liked them to get a bit more into West's background? His family? What made him decide to join the Secret Service? Etc.

Q: Did you feel the reunion movies you and Ross Martin appeared in did justice to the TV series? Were they enjoyable to make? Was it easy to slip back into James West's character -- not to mention his tight pants?

Q: If you feel this is too personal please feel free to disregard this question but do you recall where you were when you first heard of Ross Martin's passing?

Just a note here: My father, who passed away in 1985, was a huge fan of Ba Ba Black Sheep/Black Sheep Squadron. Thank you for playing Pappy Boyington so well. It was a pleasure for both of us to watch you and the others in that wonderful series.

All My Best,
Rebecca
(Beckers)

West: "How did you get into the Secret Service with hayfever?"
Gordon: "I kept it a secret."
TNOT HANGMAN, S-3.
Go to Top of Page

Paradox Eyes
SS novice field agent

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  02:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A big welcome to you Robert!!

No questions today. Just wanted to say I've always loved your work and your current radio talk show is terrific!! It's such a pleasure to listen to you reminisce with guests and talk to your fans. Thanks for joining our forum. Enjoy!!!
~Diane
Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  06:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also wanted to say a big "thank you" for you hosting a radio show. I still can't believe that I actually got to talk to Ruta Lee and Peter Falk (and, of course, you!! ) Where else could I have gotten that opportunity?

I am thrilled to be able to talk with you on the radio and have you here.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Pidge

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  07:49:45  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Robert! I wanted to tell you I've admired you & your work for years. I am so glad you have the radio show & am glad I have gotten to talk to you on the phone. What an awesome experience it was for me.

One question, what year did you start doing the commericals for Eveready? And who came up with the saying "I dare you to knock off the battery off my shoulder" ?

Becky

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

Pidgeon
SS novice field agent

2666 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  15:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, there is one question that I've been meaning to ask you for awhile now.

The Archive of American Television has you listed as one of the interviews that they are either planning to do or are planning to post soon. Have you had an interview with them yet?

They have many fascinating interviews from people in the industry. They usually go from 2-6 hours, I believe.

Here is the link: http://emmytvlegendsinterviews.blogspot.com/#C

If you haven't interviewed with them yet, when do you plan to? I'm absolutely sure that everyone here would be eagerly waiting for that.

Pidge

"Any scene can be more freshly and clearly seen when it is seen upside down." G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

Ecstasy La Joie
SS novice field agent

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  15:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's true! I'm eagerly waiting!
Go to Top of Page

Redhead1617
SS novice field agent

USA
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  04:29:13  Show Profile  Visit Redhead1617's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mr Conrad

I just want to say thank you for sharing your talents with the world (and therefore bringing great people like those on this forum together)

~Red

http://rdpieters.etsy.com

Quality Over Quantity
Go to Top of Page

Robert Conrad
SS Icon - The Action God

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  15:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actor: John Garfield

Actress: Too many to write but I liked Joan Leslie and Elizabeth Taylor (as an actress).

Everyone: Call me on the show with your questions!

-RC

quote:
Originally posted by Torry

Okay, here's the first of the questions I would love to ask RC:

which actors or actresses do you most admire yourself, or consider yourself a fan of?

Admin
Col. Richmond (SS Director)

USA
1898 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  15:24:16  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You heard the Action God, call the man!

-Yours in (secret) service,

------------->>>>> <<<<<-------------
Colonel Richmond, SS Director

admin@wildwildwest.org
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  15:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, dog gone. He did visit here.

Congrats Torry on being the question he answered. As for the rest you read the man's request. Call-in with your questions!

See ya' all at Paltalk.
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  17:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, dog gone again! Admin I see that you popped the thread in a very stable spot. No chance of it moving now. RC can read to his hearts content.

*waves*

Hello RC! Enjoy your visits to our board.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  17:59:14  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Robert...I can't call in because I work on Thursday evenings. I was able to call in once though! It was a real pleasure to be able to speak to you personally...a chance of a lifetime

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  20:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

You heard the Action God, call the man!

I see that you've made a unique moniker for RC. I was wondering if you were going to. Very appropriate.
Go to Top of Page

The Librarian

141 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  06:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Conrad

Actor: John Garfield

Actress: Too many to write but I liked Joan Leslie and Elizabeth Taylor (as an actress).

Everyone: Call me on the show with your questions!

-RC

Hi, Robert-- I called in once and it was a thrill to talk to you but I got so flustered, I don't think I could do it again. Plus, like Apple, I'm usually at work or on my way to a meeting during the broadcast and can't listen live. I'm so glad they archive the show. I really enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

RobertConradismyhero

122 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  07:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mr. Conrad!!! I'm so glad you joined this site. I'm one of your biggest fans. You are my idol.

Who are your favorite directors?
Who are your favorite authors?
What do you think of the singer Christina Aguilera? She's got a great vocal range.

"I neither condemn nor condone the mores of others. I think there are very few really, whose conduct reflects unfavorably on the rest of us in this mythical kingdom of Hollywood."

-Robert Conrad
Go to Top of Page

Ecstasy La Joie
SS novice field agent

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  09:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Robert, I call in all the time. I have to make up for all the times I wished I could have talked to you over the years. I've got a ways to go, so hope you don't mind. My friends and family know that I do not allow any interruptions on Thursday evenings. That's just the way it is.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

483 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  20:15:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still think that Frank Silvera was one of the best "villains" ever on the show. "Oh, you have money...(Laughter) after we kill you we take the money!"...(More laughter)
Go to Top of Page

Beckers
SS novice field agent

731 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  21:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, I'm in a bad area and can't get his show -- and I can't get Dodger baseball games on my radio either. It's tough living in the valley ....

West: "How did you get into the Secret Service with hayfever?"
Gordon: "I kept it a secret."
TNOT HANGMAN, S-3.
Go to Top of Page

susan_anderson2001

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  18:11:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, Robert! I will most definitely phone in next Thursday...can't go too long without phoning in to you . Glad you liked the crystal bear.

I must say you looked absolutely knock-down-drag-out gorgeous on the webcam Thursday. You still got "it"!
Go to Top of Page

Ecstasy La Joie
SS novice field agent

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  08:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by susan_anderson2001

I must say you looked absolutely knock-down-drag-out gorgeous on the webcam Thursday. You still got "it"!

What she said! I hope to call in, too.
Go to Top of Page

YankeeGal
SS novice field agent

1009 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  20:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Robert!! Just like a few folks here, my work schedule makes it difficult to hear your wonderful show live, so I always listen to the archived broadasts. You have been very kind to read many of my emails over the air.

A question: Did you ever turn down a role, then, looking back, think that perhaps you should have taken it?

Liz
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1798 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  07:05:07  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ecstasy La Joie

quote:
Originally posted by susan_anderson2001

What she said! I hope to call in, too.

Me three with what Ecstasy & Sue said. I hope to call in myself!

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000