niecie
SS novice field agent

1224 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2017 :  11:59:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

quote:
Originally posted by niecie

I didn't notice the drowned man in a later scene. Could you direct me?

And man but that kid repeats himself!

about the kid repeating himself

and, regarding the big guy looking like he drowned...

he didn't drown

he was the big man that Artie knocked into a barrel of water when he was disguised as a majician

he left him there in the barrel as he went into other room but the guy shows up again later to show that he did not drown

Yes, I understood all that. I knew exactly which character you were talking about. What I don't know is when does the drowned man show up again later in the episode? Could you direct me to that scene, please? (A timestamp from the dvds, for example.)

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2017 :  13:08:16  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

he didn't drown

he was the big man that Artie knocked into a barrel of water when he was disguised as a majician

he left him there in the barrel as he went into other room but the guy shows up again later to show that he did not drown

Yes, I understood all that. I knew exactly which character you were talking about. What I don't know is when does the drowned man show up again later in the episode? Could you direct me to that scene, please? (A timestamp from the dvds, for example.)

can't remember when, but it is briefly later in the episode to show that he is still alive

may have been cut out by Me TV

I did not see it on Me TV Saturday as I was out and about
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2017 :  16:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Me TV is making some changes to their schedule for the Fall beginning in September.

Sure hope that they do not take away THE WILD WILD WEST on Saturday nights at 6:00 EST.

Just saw the new Fall schedule and WWW is staying put at 6pm Saturdays
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2017 :  16:47:16  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

quote:

Me TV is making some changes to their schedule for the Fall beginning in September.

Sure hope that they do not take away THE WILD WILD WEST on Saturday nights at 6:00 EST.

Just saw the new Fall schedule and WWW is staying put at 6pm Saturdays

YIPEEEEEE!
Thanks for that news, Dieter.

Looks like THE WILD WILD WEST followed by WONDER WOMAN.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit
SS 1st assignment - desk job

467 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2017 :  15:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will continue with my Saturday night ritual. Commercials, cut scenes and all.

Once and a while I might cheat and view my DVDs.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2017 :  17:34:28  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SordoTheBandit

good one, Sordo

yes, it is great to have the complete uncut DVDs but it is fun to watch the episodes (even though cut) on a Saturday night and discuss the episode with fellow fans here on this site the next day
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

467 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2017 :  10:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

good one, Sordo

yes, it is great to have the complete uncut DVDs but it is fun to watch the episodes (even though cut) on a Saturday night and discuss the episode with fellow fans here on this site the next day

Yes, I concur. It is a highlight of my Saturday evenings. It is always something to look forward to. There is something about watching that show on TV that a DVD just doesn't have.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  11:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loved seeing Simian Terror again. It's been a while. Those creepy episodes are some of my absolute favorites! I already watched it twice since last night. Didn't even notice anything cut out. It doesn't matter because it was excellant as shown. Next week is the final ep of season 3! Thanks to Fugitives being unfinished because of RC's fall and getting completed during Season 4...
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1224 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  12:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

he didn't drown

can't remember when, but it is briefly later in the episode to show that he is still alive

For anyone who might be interested, the drowned man from Amnesiac shows up again at about the 46:35 mark on the DVD, right after Jim tells Artie to take the ailing Cloris to a doctor while Jim goes to settle a score with Crotty. The scene then switches to Crotty, who tells Rusty to raise his hammer high (to destroy the vials of smallpox vaccine); standing between Crotty and Rusty in the background is the man who didn't drown after all. (And he's the same actor who played the samurai in TNOT Skulls.)

Niecie

I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  15:41:25  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

he didn't drown

For anyone who might be interested, the drowned man from Amnesiac shows up again at about the 46:35 mark on the DVD, right after Jim tells Artie to take the ailing Cloris to a doctor while Jim goes to settle a score with Crotty. The scene then switches to Crotty, who tells Rusty to raise his hammer high (to destroy the vials of smallpox vaccine); standing between Crotty and Rusty in the background is the man who didn't drown after all. (And he's the same actor who played the samurai in TNOT Skulls.)

Thanks, niecie!

Roger
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  05:00:18  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was TNOT SIMIAN TERROR on where you live on Saturday night?

My mom and little sister took me to dinner and when I got home I turned to Me TV and there was some stupid game show on until 8:00 and then, instead of WONDER WOMAN they had Pre-Season NFL Football on. Ugh! Not good.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

467 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  17:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest, I was gone all weekend and I missed it. Sorry, I'm not much help this time.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  18:24:58  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

To be honest, I was gone all weekend and I missed it. Sorry, I'm not much help this time.

Thanks, Sordo! Hope that I can catch DEATH-MAKERS next weekend. Hope that Me TV does not preempt it.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  20:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Was TNOT SIMIAN TERROR on where you live on Saturday night?

My mom and little sister took me to dinner and when I got home I turned to Me TV and there was some stupid game show on until 8:00 and then, instead of WONDER WOMAN they had Pre-Season NFL Football on. Ugh! Not good.

If you look up over niecie's last post you'll see what I thought of Simian Terror on ME-TV. It was on fine for me. Regular programming here in SoCal.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2017 :  03:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Loved seeing Simian Terror again. It's been a while. Those creepy episodes are some of my absolute favorites! I already watched it twice since last night. Didn't even notice anything cut out. It doesn't matter because it was excellant as shown. Next week is the final ep of season 3! Thanks to Fugitives being unfinished because of RC's fall and getting completed during Season 4...

Thanks, Dieter!

Looking forward to BLEAK ISLAND and other episodes in Season 4 coming up.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

467 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2017 :  15:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks, Sordo! Hope that I can catch DEATH-MAKERS next weekend. Hope that Me TV does not preempt it.

I love TNOT Death Maker. I'll be watching for sure. Angel Tompkins as Marcia Dennison.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

467 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2017 :  15:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks, Dieter!

Looking forward to BLEAK ISLAND and other episodes in Season 4 coming up.

And I love TNOT Bleak Island too.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2017 :  09:28:01  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Me TV schedule says that BIG BLACKMAIL is up this weekend instead of DEATH-MAKERS. Looks like they are skipping DEATH-MAKERS.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

467 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  13:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I see that. Death Makers is a classic, too bad. I see their now starting with Season IV episodes.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  04:57:31  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, I see that. Death Makers is a classic, too bad. I see their now starting with Season IV episodes.

yes, I concur

I was looking forward to seeing DEATH-MAKERS

BIG BLACKMAIL is a top-ten episode for me, though and I am looking forward to that one too
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

467 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  06:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes! Big Blackmail is an all-time favorite for me too. I'll be watching that for sure this Saturday. It's too bad Carol Burnett wasn't written into the script with a cameo appearance. Carol with Harvey Korman and Ross Martin would have been a riot.
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1224 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  09:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
(If you want to see a fanfic featuring Baron Hinterstoisser, look up The Night the Phoenix Flew the Coop at Fanfiction.net...)

Niecie

I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  10:43:37  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes! Big Blackmail is an all-time favorite for me too. I'll be watching that for sure this Saturday. It's too bad Carol Burnett wasn't written into the script with a cameo appearance. Carol with Harvey Korman and Ross Martin would have been a riot.

funny!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2017 :  15:08:00  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

funny!

watching BIG BLACKMAIL right now
great choice by the producers for the first episode of Season 4
like the cool new music introduced in this episode as Jim is hanging around the embassy in the teaser

it appears that Me TV cut out most of Jim's fight scene near the end of the show when he is in the security chamber keeping the steam-powered safe door open so that Artie can switch the little movie into the container

interesting that an episode of a show called THE WILD WILD WEST took place entirely on the East Coast
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

467 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2017 :  11:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"You have provided the world with some very charming amusement."

"Perhaps I can do the same for you when we return to the homeland."

That look on Baron Hinterstoisser's face, he's standing there thinking, "OMG, you know I am not a religious man, but if I could somehow find myself on the Carol Burnett Show at this moment, I would become one."
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

467 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  14:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saturday, Sept 16, 2017 MeTV
The Night of the Doomsday Formula
Season IV

Ross Martin is excellent (as always).

Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2017 :  14:59:39  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Saturday, Sept 16, 2017 MeTV
The Night of the Doomsday Formula
Season IV

Ross Martin is excellent (as always).

Enjoy.

coming on here in Ohio in just a few seconds

:)
Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
557 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  09:30:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the episode where I describe Ross's singing as capable of peeling paint off the walls! Ironically he actually could sing rather well.

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  10:57:28  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nydiva

This is the episode where I describe Ross's singing as capable of peeling paint off the walls! Ironically he actually could sing rather well.

a fun episode, but what did you think of Artie's treatment of Colonel Richmond's secretary?
Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
557 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2017 :  21:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Artie's treatment of the secretary was about par for the course of how women were written about in those days.

But I must say I found Ross's portrayal quite sexy (in a 60s sexist way). I'd never have been able to read with him looking over my shoulder like that! I'd have jumped him! LOL

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000