THE WILD WILD WEST  @ wildwildwest.org
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Wild Wild West - Chat and Play
 Wild Wild West General Discussion Board
 MeTV returns WWWest to fall lineup....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2016 :  15:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup Night of the Raven tonight, which I liked a lot but still not as good as the original black and white episodes with Voltaire. Those first 3 were the best...but then Murderous Spring even without Voltaire was the ultimate best Loveless episode. All the color ones pale by comparison. The black and whites rule by far. Would be cool if they could get colorized but I'm completely fine like they are. Nobody complains how Twilight Zone is only in black and white either so I guess that's just how it was meant to be...
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2016 :  07:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TNOT Raven: West shrunken - little suit awaits. West restored to actual size - suit grows with him. Oh well. I do love it whenever Michael Dunn sings. He looks so happy.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit
SS 1st assignment - desk job

483 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2016 :  09:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I'm surprised so many of you didn't like TNOT Golden Cobra.

There's the great train scene at the beginning which was already mentioned, but then there's also X51 and Rosebud and poison darts blown into Mr. West's neck.

The music was quite good as well, but it's Artemus that comes through during his scene with the rope trick that was my favorite.

And then there's the train fading into the distance at the end of the show. All great fun.
Go to Top of Page

DaveWest
Secret Service recruit

France
13 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2016 :  11:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree the first two color Loveless pale a bit.

Raven & Green Terror drags on and on and beyond the concept, they are sightly flawed.

Surreal however is a masterpiece. It's beyond the wildest TV show ever made. When the act ends and the light comes on in the painting with Loveless laugh, it's BRAIN FRIED TIME.

Bogus Bandit is OK. Better than Raven and Green, but still beyond Surreal.

There are 5 awesome Loveless eps, and 5 OK episodes. I think Revenge is better than Raven & Green even if the character of Loveless is underwritten.

Dieter is the W3 4/3 or widescreen on MeTV? Could you post an excerpt in HD on vimeo? THX
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2016 :  18:07:54  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BIG BLAST is up next week.
It is a fun episode.
RAVEN and GREEN TERROR are two of the more lame Loveless episodes, but have some good parts, of course.
SURREAL McCOY is an awesome episode.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2016 :  23:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dave...yes it gets shown in complete widescreen mode like the dvds on the TV I usually watch on. We have 4 tvs but it is complete full widescreen on my 55 inch 4k TV. Looks great!!
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2016 :  23:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

BIG BLAST is up next week.
It is a fun episode.
RAVEN and GREEN TERROR are two of the more lame Loveless episodes, but have some good parts, of course.
SURREAL McCOY is an awesome episode.




Yes Big Blast is a definite improvement over the first 3 from season 2. They had to get their groove back after their Summer break following season 1. It took a little while but season 2 became awesome later that year!!
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1250 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2016 :  07:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a certain fondness for TNOT Raven, mainly because there was a challenge on FFN to do a rewrite in which Artie too was shrunken. I think maybe I was the only one who responded, but I did in fact come up with another version of the episode (and, yeah, I think my version is better *cough*).

Niecie

* * *

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  13:58:34  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BIG BLAST is about to begin
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  15:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

BIG BLAST is about to begin



I'm ready Roger. But still almost 2 hours to go for me.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  15:39:11  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

BIG BLAST is about to begin



I'm ready Roger. But still almost 2 hours to go for me.





Hi, Dieter! I only watched the first half. Went down the street to the nursing home to take their dog for a walk and to visit some friends there. Looking forward to SKULLS and of course, TONTINE, coming soon
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  16:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh well that's ok Roger. You have the dvds to watch the 2nd half whenever haha. Or watch the rest from ME-TV later if you dvr'd it like I do just in case you're not home. Yes Skulls, Tottering Tontine, Man-Eating House and Watery Death are A+ episodes coming soon....
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  16:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Btw Man-Eating House would be perfect to show on ME-TV on the Saturday right before Halloween. Classic episode. My son's all time favorite WWW ep in fact!!!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  17:53:20  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Btw Man-Eating House would be perfect to show on ME-TV on the Saturday right before Halloween. Classic episode. My son's all time favorite WWW ep in fact!!!



oh, yeah...

MANEATING HOUSE is another great one
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  19:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm watching Big Blast right now. Getting used to ME-TV's in between bumper commercial breaks...haha
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2016 :  20:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah back on track now after after beyond excellent first season. Big Blast was all the way Wild like it's supposed to be. With one of the best endings of the entire series too when Artie almost got married. So cool how this one is mostly Arties show! Plus I like how ME-TV is airing them now. No commercial breaks after 3rd bumper all the way to ending credits uninterrupted. That's how I like seeing it.
Go to Top of Page

DaveWest
Secret Service recruit

France
13 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  00:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, anyone could post screen captures? THX!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  08:30:30  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Oh yeah back on track now after after beyond excellent first season. Big Blast was all the way Wild like it's supposed to be. With one of the best endings of the entire series too when Artie almost got married. So cool how this one is mostly Arties show! Plus I like how ME-TV is airing them now. No commercial breaks after 3rd bumper all the way to ending credits uninterrupted. That's how I like seeing it.



good to see an episode devoted to Artie

also looking forward to LIMBO (my personal all-time favorite episode)
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  10:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaveWest

Hey guys, anyone could post screen captures? THX!



I don't know how to post pics on here. I did one from last night's episode on my Facebook page but that's the only place I know how to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  10:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Oh yeah back on track now after after beyond excellent first season. Big Blast was all the way Wild like it's supposed to be. With one of the best endings of the entire series too when Artie almost got married. So cool how this one is mostly Arties show! Plus I like how ME-TV is airing them now. No commercial breaks after 3rd bumper all the way to ending credits uninterrupted. That's how I like seeing it.



good to see an episode devoted to Artie

also looking forward to LIMBO (my personal all-time favorite episode)



Oh yeah forgot to mention Lord of Limbo too. That's another season 2 classic for sure! Next week I already saw it's Returning Dead with Sammy Davis and Peter...
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2016 :  15:16:17  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Oh yeah back on track now after after beyond excellent first season. Big Blast was all the way Wild like it's supposed to be. With one of the best endings of the entire series too when Artie almost got married. So cool how this one is mostly Arties show! Plus I like how ME-TV is airing them now. No commercial breaks after 3rd bumper all the way to ending credits uninterrupted. That's how I like seeing it.



good to see an episode devoted to Artie

also looking forward to LIMBO (my personal all-time favorite episode)



Oh yeah forgot to mention Lord of Limbo too. That's another season 2 classic for sure! Next week I already saw it's Returning Dead with Sammy Davis and Peter...



that is a classic too
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2016 :  08:05:43  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly

Still be show on Sunday afternoon on Hero icon tv network at 4pm est to 6pm est

oOh! We just started receiving that channel!!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2016 :  18:22:39  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly

Still be show on Sunday afternoon on Hero icon tv network at 4pm est to 6pm est

oOh! We just started receiving that channel!!



excellent...

I watch it all of the time

a typical Saturday night for me is TWWW at 6 and WONDER WOMAN at 8 and maybe THE INCREDIBLE HULK at 7 if I am not watching THE LAWRENCE WELK SHOW on PBS
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2016 :  09:53:19  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FLYING PIE PLATE tonight
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2016 :  12:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Roger!! I always loved Flying Pie Plate!! Very cool episode. I already set my dvr to record it in case I'm not home...
Go to Top of Page

DaveWest
Secret Service recruit

France
13 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2016 :  04:14:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, any screen capture would be cool! Would love to see how the remastered show looks! Even take a snap of your TV is you can't do a cap! THX!
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2016 :  10:46:28  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nydiva

I just spotted a MeTV advertisement for various shows' action figures. I leapt to the computer only to find there were none for www. (They had [tons of] Batman, 3 Stooges and Gilligan's Isle.) I emailed them expressing my disappointment about no WWW figures. I sure as heck would get them!

Were they Funk Pop? I emailed them a few months ago and told them that there were plenty of www fans that would purchase Jim, Artemus, Loveless...the problem is rights. Hopefully someday!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2016 :  12:55:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaveWest

Hey guys, any screen capture would be cool! Would love to see how the remastered show looks! Even take a snap of your TV is you can't do a cap! THX!



NO idea how to post screen caps here. I did one on my Facebook page a couple weeks ago if you can see that. Took a pic of how Big Blast looks on my big screen TV. Go look....
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4361 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2016 :  16:23:36  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
POISONOUS POSEY up this weekend.
Have not seen this one in a while.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6505 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  11:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it will be good to see Poisonous Posey again! I haven't seen that one in quite a while either. Another great one!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000