New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  14:48:47  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Yes it will be good to see Poisonous Posey again! I haven't seen that one in quite a while either. Another great one!

Watching it right now. Forgot how funny Artie is in this one.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  17:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too right now. I noticed cut out part of tarantula scene but otherwise lookin good on ME-TV
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  17:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha..just noticed another cut out part with Jim and Lucretia. I know this episode too well....
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  18:07:41  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Me too right now. I noticed cut out part of tarantula scene but otherwise lookin good on ME-TV

yes, that scene happened too quickly
MeTV cut out too much
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  19:48:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Besides cutting that scene for extra commercial time, I figured they deleted it because tarantulas are not considered deadly anymore like they were back then. But gotta say that ME-TV does stop episode in the middle of bumper scenes at a good cliffhanger moment every time. That's why they don't air commercial between last bumper and closing credits. I'm ok with that...
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2016 :  12:49:53  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Besides cutting that scene for extra commercial time, I figured they deleted it because tarantulas are not considered deadly anymore like they were back then. But gotta say that ME-TV does stop episode in the middle of bumper scenes at a good cliffhanger moment every time. That's why they don't air commercial between last bumper and closing credits. I'm ok with that...

The guy who played the Sheriff/Mayor/etc. in the town of Justice was pretty funny. Did you notice, when he came out of the barber shop during the shoot-out that he had his Sheriff Star pinned on the OUTSIDE of his barber's cape/gown? Funny.
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1227 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2016 :  15:53:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He was also wearing the sheriff's star when he was the telegraph operator. (I watched the episode about a month ago and noticed the star on the barber sheet too.)

The same actor was Jeremiah in TNOT Cut-Throats.

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2016 :  16:39:29  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by niecie

He was also wearing the sheriff's star when he was the telegraph operator. (I watched the episode about a month ago and noticed the star on the barber sheet too.)

The same actor was Jeremiah in TNOT Cut-Throats.

Thanks, niecie! It was a funny episode. One of the low-budget ones set entirely on a stage, I think. I enjoy the episodes where Jim and Artie are together most of the time.
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2016 :  04:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About the tarantula...I would have to watch it again, but listen, two Secret Service agents, very smart, skillful, quick (witted and physically, etc.)...now the scene where Artie has the tarantula next to him on the pillow.
I have two issues.
1) Either shoot the tarantula OR have Artie roll off of the bed. Why both? Once Artie moves out of harms' way the only danger is having him tarred and feathered (nasty, sticky spider guts and juices in place of tar) IF you shoot the spider. Now, if you don't think Artie can move quickly enough to escape the spider THEN you would shoot it, guaranteeing both Artie's safety AND his drenching in spider guts, but you would not also have him roll out of the way.
2) Next, and this would entail a re-watching, but I do not believe Mr. West indicated which direction Mr. Gordon should move when getting off of the pillow. He may have, but I do not think he said 'Artie, move to YOUR left' or 'move to YOUR right', 'and very carefully, as I'm about to fire my gun inches from your head, and IF there is any confusion, I'd hate to end our partnership here, being that you'd be safe just getting off of the pillow, and really, I'm further endangering your life by putting this exclamation mark at the end of the sentence when it really isn't needed by also shooting the darn thing'.
Really, what if Artie went the wrong way? Even if you say left or right and you're facing the person, they or you could easily misinterpret the direction.
Just putting it out there as a fun topic.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2016 :  13:25:50  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bornin62

About the tarantula...I would have to watch it again, but listen, two Secret Service agents, very smart, skillful, quick (witted and physically, etc.)...now the scene where Artie has the tarantula next to him on the pillow.
I have two issues.
1) Either shoot the tarantula OR have Artie roll off of the bed. Why both? Once Artie moves out of harms' way the only danger is having him tarred and feathered (nasty, sticky spider guts and juices in place of tar) IF you shoot the spider. Now, if you don't think Artie can move quickly enough to escape the spider THEN you would shoot it, guaranteeing both Artie's safety AND his drenching in spider guts, but you would not also have him roll out of the way.
2) Next, and this would entail a re-watching, but I do not believe Mr. West indicated which direction Mr. Gordon should move when getting off of the pillow. He may have, but I do not think he said 'Artie, move to YOUR left' or 'move to YOUR right', 'and very carefully, as I'm about to fire my gun inches from your head, and IF there is any confusion, I'd hate to end our partnership here, being that you'd be safe just getting off of the pillow, and really, I'm further endangering your life by putting this exclamation mark at the end of the sentence when it really isn't needed by also shooting the darn thing'.
Really, what if Artie went the wrong way? Even if you say left or right and you're facing the person, they or you could easily misinterpret the direction.
Just putting it out there as a fun topic.

Funny,bornin62! I was thinking the SAME thing this weekend about the DIRECTION for Artie to roll. He was on the left side of the bed, so maybe it was assumed he would roll left. Still a fun and funny episode. One of the smallest budget ones, I think since it was filmed entirely on a sound stage.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  14:58:09  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BOTTOMLESS PIT is up tomorrow.
The only scene in that entire episode that I like is the very funny one where Artie interviews for a job as one of the guards and has to take care of two big killers.
The rest of the episode is too cartoonish.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  23:47:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

The only scene in that entire episode that I like is the very funny one where Artie interviews for a job as one of the guards and has to take care of two big killers.

I think those kind of campy, silly, cartoony episodes is what made WWW drop in ratings in season 2 after a strong, more serious spy themed 1st season. Season 1 was the only one in the top 20 of the year. Even though there were many great episodes in season 2, they were in between many duds. Green Terror is my next episode I'm not looking forward to in a few weeks..
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  02:25:58  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I think those kind of campy, silly, cartoony episodes is what made WWW drop in ratings in season 2 after a strong, more serious spy themed 1st season. Season 1 was the only one in the top 20 of the year. Even though there were many great episodes in season 2, they were in between many duds. Green Terror is my next episode I'm not looking forward to in a few weeks..

I agree, Dieter. Yes, they got up to #20 in season 1. BAT MAN was huge in 1966. I wonder if that helped make TWWW get too campy at times in season 2. But, season 2 did have some more gems coming, like TONTINE, LIMBO, and SURREAL McCoy.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  12:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes those are great season 2 episodes. But since it's Halloween weekend right now I would have preferred ME-TV showing the classic Man Eating House episode tonight instead of Bottomless Pit. That would have been perfect!! My son Brian's All-time favorite WWW episode!! We're gonna watch it on dvd anyway haha
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  14:47:28  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Yes those are great season 2 episodes. But since it's Halloween weekend right now I would have preferred ME-TV showing the classic Man Eating House episode tonight instead of Bottomless Pit. That would have been perfect!! My son Brian's All-time favorite WWW episode!! We're gonna watch it on dvd anyway haha
[/quote\\\

good choice

I'm looking forward to BOGUS BANDITS

it is a funny Loveless episode, even though there is no magic or sci-fi

funny scene in Loveless' school for criminals when he asks for volunteers to kill West and the students all quickly raise their hands
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  15:39:12  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Dieter Epping

[/quote\\\

good choice

I'm looking forward to BOGUS BANDITS

it is a funny Loveless episode, even though there is no magic or sci-fi

funny scene in Loveless' school for criminals when he asks for volunteers to kill West and the students all quickly raise their hands

regarding Bottomless Pit...

I only watched the scene with Artie and his job interview and about a minute or two at end of the episode

too hard to watch such a lame episode
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  18:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I actually survived the Bottomless Pit pretty well tonight, Roger. It wasn't like completely bad. I liked the music score of Jim trying to climb out of his pit. So that made it a cool scene thanks to that.

In the beginning Jim looked like he would 2 years later with that different hairstyle once it dried after being underwater haha. Later in the ep it was combed back like normal.

I don't know...mixed feelings but not totally lame to me. Just not great either.

The weird commander who won't touch anything totally reminds me of Blofeld in the James Bond movies...
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2016 :  00:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watched Man Eating House tonight for Halloween. I'll be at work till late tomorrow so had to catch it the night before. Classic!! One of the best of the entire series to me.
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2016 :  04:45:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now, they've got a guillotine, so they must occasionally separate the command module from the parts that move you from place to place, so accepting that it has been used at least once...a head of iceberg lettuce chopped in half? And just who is going to want to eat that? I mean, come on now, if they were looking for a CLEAN cutting implement how about one of the guard's razors? These guys look like they haven't shaved since their high school prom. I mean, the prisoners looked fairly clean, while the guards, who the commandant is around all the time, and who doesn't like dirty things, these are the dirtiest guys seen on the screen since Lee Marvin was working with Telly Savalas and John Cassavettes, among others.
Now, with our pasta dish on Sunday, we did also have a salad, and I thought, at least for a few seconds, should I go out to the garage and chop this up with some of the garden shears full of dirt and rust, or should I use this HSN knife inches away from the cutting board??
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1227 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2016 :  08:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the guard who looks at Jim's dogtag and uses the French word Alors has the WORST French accent ever!

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2016 :  16:49:26  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Up tomorrow night...

Ep 37: The Night of the Watery Death
A mysterious dragon-like creature is blowing up American ships, and Jim and Artie must determine the cause.

It has been a while since I have seen this one. Will try to watch it tomorrow night at 6 local time.

p.s. description of this episode is from the Me TV website
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2016 :  21:34:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah love Watery Death!! Saw it just a few weeks ago on dvd when I did that 4 episode marathon night. I watched it twice actually. Now again on ME-TV tomorrow. That's one I could watch every weekend!!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  13:59:15  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah love Watery Death!! Saw it just a few weeks ago on dvd when I did that 4 episode marathon night. I watched it twice actually. Now again on ME-TV tomorrow. That's one I could watch every weekend!!

I'm watching it right NOW.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  15:25:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I still have an hour and a half to go here in So Cali haha
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  16:09:34  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I still have an hour and a half to go here in So Cali haha

I wonder if the torpedo still exists. Would be a fun conversation piece in your living room.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6498 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2016 :  18:46:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah really, Roger! It should be displayed in a museum somewhere now! I'd seriously like to find out!
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2016 :  08:07:19  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I watched the end of Watery Death on Saturday. My oldest daughter has turned into quite the critic of movies and television and she got a kick out of Arte's sneeze at the end of e episode. She watches with a different eye than she used to.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  11:09:18  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GREEN TERROR up tomorrow night.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2016 :  15:49:11  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
had GREEN TERROR on my TV tonight as I was working on other stuff

not the best Loveless episode, but not the worst

had some fun scenes

Looking forward to true classic episodes ahead like MAN-EATING HOUSE and LIMBO
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  04:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the great joys is watching Michael and Phoebe sing together. And how nice to see the good doctor smiling and laughing, before things come crashing down.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000