Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  07:42:40  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was researching a topic for a library program while it was playing. It was comfortable having it on.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  15:31:26  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

I was researching a topic for a library program while it was playing. It was comfortable having it on.

I know what you mean. I do the same thing. Am usually on the computer playing chess and reading and doing book marketing but look up at the TV when favorite scenes come on.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2016 :  16:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TNOT READY-MADE CORPSE is up next.

Is this the episode that was being filmed when Michael Garrison died in that terrible accident in his home while celebrating the success of the first season of TWWW?

Very sad.

And, the episode is not one of my favorites, though it has a cool scene here and there, of course.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  14:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Roger....this is the one! Micheal Garrison's final episode. Ironic how it's titled Ready-Made Corpse too as he died during filming. Kinda creepy sounding huh.... Yes was very sad to here. Maybe Season 3 wouldn't have been more Westerny like it was had he not passed away....

Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2016 :  04:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My problem with Ready-Made Corpse is that Jim would have fared better bringing me along, instead of Artie. I mean not only was he no help, he was rather buffoonish. Handing Jim his hat might have been his best accomplishment in the episode.
So after the photographer knocks out his subject and Jim with smoke (colorful, but not really even close to Jim, but still effective) he escapes down the staircase. Alas, a trained secret service agent awaits, so he is immediately caught, oh wait a minute, said agent lowers his head, so he cannot see anything, and begins running up the stairs, not wanting to wait for him to run down to him, and the villain bops the agent on the head with a stick that probably isn't even strong enough to support a child's pinwheel, and this renders said agent useless. Now in Simian Terror, Artie was pummeled multiple times from behind with a very sturdy walking stick, but this was a love-tap that had the same effect. Why even bother with the stick? Just blow on him as you pass him on the stairs and he would have been blown over the railing. Very disappointing to see such a good agent perform so meekly and weakly.
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

701 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2016 :  07:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh well, Hollywood. What are you going to do with them?

"I abhor spirits, they make a man less than human" - Dr. Loveless, The Night That Terror Stalked the Town
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  13:10:27  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bornin62

My problem with Ready-Made Corpse is that Jim would have fared better bringing me along, instead of Artie. I mean not only was he no help, he was rather buffoonish. Handing Jim his hat might have been his best accomplishment in the episode.
So after the photographer knocks out his subject and Jim with smoke (colorful, but not really even close to Jim, but still effective) he escapes down the staircase. Alas, a trained secret service agent awaits, so he is immediately caught, oh wait a minute, said agent lowers his head, so he cannot see anything, and begins running up the stairs, not wanting to wait for him to run down to him, and the villain bops the agent on the head with a stick that probably isn't even strong enough to support a child's pinwheel, and this renders said agent useless. Now in Simian Terror, Artie was pummeled multiple times from behind with a very sturdy walking stick, but this was a love-tap that had the same effect. Why even bother with the stick? Just blow on him as you pass him on the stairs and he would have been blown over the railing. Very disappointing to see such a good agent perform so meekly and weakly.

All true, sadly.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2016 :  15:17:29  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MANEATING HOUSE up next.

Oh, yeah...

Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2016 :  07:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup Yup.....So looking forward to this one!!! No Complaints allowed for this classic ep!!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2016 :  09:50:14  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Yup Yup.....So looking forward to this one!!! No Complaints allowed for this classic ep!!

Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  13:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Complaints allowed for cut scenes, though. I miss the one where Artie and Jim first wake to find themselves stiff and their weapons rusted. And I dearly love the little moment when Artie blows off the cobwebs with a mini-raspberry moment. Pfttt!

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  14:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I will definitely agree with you there, Nydiva. They even shortened the opening scene by cutting the train traveling and the first part inside. Started the ep with Jim saying "Artie, the Telegraph key is missing". Good thing we have the full episodes on dvd huh. I'm just glad I can still watch it on regular TV.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  14:57:43  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nydiva

Complaints allowed for cut scenes, though. I miss the one where Artie and Jim first wake to find themselves stiff and their weapons rusted. And I dearly love the little moment when Artie blows off the cobwebs with a mini-raspberry moment. Pfttt!

yes, cutting out the scene where Jim and Artie feel like they're 90-years-old is not good
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  05:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe my favorite episode. Certainly a top five. And the beginning and the ending pairing makes this one go on forever, theoretically. If you ever read Isabel Allende's 'House of the Spirits' the ending of the book takes you back to the beginning, without realizing that is what is happening until it hits you right in the face.
If I had been Artie I would have pushed a bit harder about not entering the house the second time.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  10:20:09  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this excellent episode had two of THE best freeze-frames along with music in the whole series

the first freeze-frame and music with old Day laughing was great and the freeze-frame and music of Caroline Day's portrait crying was also great

super cool
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  15:23:12  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
watched SKULLS on Me TV tonight

they cut out the entire "Bucket Ball" scene with Jim and Artie in the well

Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  17:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm watching now too. Whaaaaat??? That bucket ball scene was so cool! I'll watch for editing....I'm only 15 minutes into it now.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  06:54:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First I thought you meant they deleted the whole scene in the well but no just a little part with that comment Artie made. Most was still there. But I do hate certain parts being cut. For the most part it was still great. Love that episode!!
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  16:09:27  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didn't watch after the teaser...had to take my younger two kids Christmas shopping. We had fun though

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2016 :  16:36:41  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The scene with Artie doing the eulogy at his own funeral was funny. Liked when Colonel Richmond was mouthing, "Shut...up..." to Artie.

A fun episode which is one of the two first episodes that I remember seeing back when I was 9 years-old in 1971.

TONTINE and SKULLS are the first two episodes that I have a memory of watching.
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  04:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought very highly of 'Skulls' when I was a kid, but mostly laugh through it now. I thought with the editing that they might keep the part where Artie was hit with all those sharp bits of metal after the bucket exploded, but I see they also took that out.
Then you've got 'iron hook' Harper with the attachment that is about 14 feet long, a precursor to Nightmare on Elm Street perhaps.
Once West reaches the top of the well, we've got the watchman walking by, "Three o'clock and all's well", huh?, didn't you just hear the explosion? Aren't you a bit curious about that?
Then this bit about curfew. We've got the worst of the worst, but they've got to be in bed by a certain time?
I do like the freeze frames for the pitchfork attack and the gun being fired, so at least that was fun. Not a bad way for West to break the jail door as well.

Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2016 :  15:57:33  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
INFERNAL MACHINE up next.

Not a favorite. GET SMART was big when this episode was made and Jim says some kind of line like, "Sorry about that, Chef." instead of "Chief."

Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  07:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes that was a pun strait from a Get Smart quote haha. I like Infernal Machine but it's definitely more a comedy than a serious themed ep. I'll be watching tonight! Can't wait to spot which scenes get cut. It's like a game now....Catch which scenes or lines of dialogue were removed!
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  07:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Btw Roger...Just saw the super cool Tottering Tontine ep is airing on Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas for sure with that huh! Heroes and Icons aired Whirring Death as their Christmas episode with Dr. Loveless and his exploding toys.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2016 :  14:22:41  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Yes that was a pun strait from a Get Smart quote haha. I like Infernal Machine but it's definitely more a comedy than a serious themed ep. I'll be watching tonight! Can't wait to spot which scenes get cut. It's like a game now....Catch which scenes or lines of dialogue were removed!

yes, this was more of a comedy episode

missed the first ten minutes

have it on right now as I am playing Chess

Christmas Eve with the Tottering Tontine

yeah!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2016 :  15:48:51  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LIMBO is up next.

The Night Of The Lord Of Limbo happens to be my personal all-time favorite episode. Hope that Me TV does not chop it up too much.

What a well-done episode by the whole cast and crew and writers and musicians etc. They had a limited budget and very limited special effects but managed to make this great ep. RC did some of his best acting in the whole series when he thought that Artie had been killed.
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  04:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my favorites also. I am partial to the Gothic episodes, and tying that together with the Civil War makes it even better. I know this one is set in Vicksburg, but I always enjoyed the San Francisco/New Orleans episodes as those cities always lended so much of themselves to the story.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2016 :  16:47:22  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bornin62

One of my favorites also. I am partial to the Gothic episodes, and tying that together with the Civil War makes it even better. I know this one is set in Vicksburg, but I always enjoyed the San Francisco/New Orleans episodes as those cities always lended so much of themselves to the story.

yes, TONTINE starts in San Francisco, if I recall
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4358 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2016 :  16:13:14  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FEATHERED FURY up next.

Really funny Manzeppi line when he says to West, "I want that bird, ya hear me?!" or something like that.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2017 :  08:15:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I squeezed Feathered Fury in between watching a 14 hour Starsky & Hutch New Years Eve marathon on Cozi TV! Best way to spend the last day of the year!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000