Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2017 :  15:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That tag drives me crazy. First of all, the bird is still smoking when Mama Angelina goes to pick it up. What sensible person picks up an object when smoke is pouring out from it? Then she takes it home! Really? It's not like she found it on the street. It's in Jim and Artie's quarters. So what else had she lifted from The Wanderer? She's a cook and a crook! LOL!

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2017 :  17:49:36  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nydiva

That tag drives me crazy. First of all, the bird is still smoking when Mama Angelina goes to pick it up. What sensible person picks up an object when smoke is pouring out from it? Then she takes it home! Really? It's not like she found it on the street. It's in Jim and Artie's quarters. So what else had she lifted from The Wanderer? She's a cook and a crook! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2017 :  17:50:37  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

I squeezed Feathered Fury in between watching a 14 hour Starsky & Hutch New Years Eve marathon on Cozi TV! Best way to spend the last day of the year!!

the scene where Jim takes off without telling Artie where he is going drives me crazy, though. Kind of lame. But, a fun episode.
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1250 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2017 :  18:32:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been watching the Manzeppi episodes repeatedly while working on a fanfic (currently half posted at FFN), and there is soooooo much to drive one crazy about them!

Still, I do wish they had brought Manzeppi back some more. How do you top the Philosopher's Stone though?

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2017 :  05:57:20  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by niecie

I've been watching the Manzeppi episodes repeatedly while working on a fanfic (currently half posted at FFN), and there is soooooo much to drive one crazy about them!

Still, I do wish they had brought Manzeppi back some more. How do you top the Philosopher's Stone though?

Yes, really wish that they had brought Manzeppi back for another episode. But, he was busy doing BAT MAN back then.
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1250 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2017 :  09:51:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

quote:
Originally posted by niecie

Yes, really wish that they had brought Manzeppi back for another episode. But, he was busy doing BAT MAN back then.

*snicker* Batman! Yeah, in my fanfic, there's a character called Prof Elroy McWilliams; think maybe that's a Batman reference?

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  14:58:26  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GYPSY PERIL in a couple of minutes.
Too lame to watch the whole episode.
Will watch a few minutes, though.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  16:43:10  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

GYPSY PERIL in a couple of minutes.
Too lame to watch the whole episode.
Will watch a few minutes, though.

Well, as Dieter said, the episode is not completely unwatchable. I saw around half of it as I was flipping around channels.
Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  17:03:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They butchered the episode as well. They cut the part with Artie, Akbar and the peanut toss as well as Artie showing the gypsy magic and his examining the Sultan's fake ring.

Someone at MeTV (or whoever did the edits) is NOT an Artie fan. Grrrrrr

Nydiva
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2017 :  18:18:19  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

They butchered the episode as well. They cut the part with Artie, Akbar and the peanut toss as well as Artie showing the gypsy magic and his examining the Sultan's fake ring.

Someone at MeTV (or whoever did the edits) is NOT an Artie fan. Grrrrrr

Yes, Nydiva. Those edits drive me crazy too. They also butchered TONTINE.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6503 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2017 :  07:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still haven't watched the edited version of Gypsy Peril on ME-TV yet but dvr'd it so will try seeing how bad they butchered it today....
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2017 :  15:21:26  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VICIOUS VALENTINE on right now. A fun episode. Has been a long time since I've seen it. Me TV chopping it up some, though.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6503 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2017 :  09:27:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the great EMMA AWARD winning episode!! I like this one a lot. I'm watching it now on dvr and the editing is really not bad. Back in the 80s when it was on here in Los Angeles on KHJ Channel 9 5 to 7 days a week, cuts were far worse than what ME-TV is doing. So I'm fine with it. Full extended versions of every TV show or movie can only be seen on dvd, Blu-ray etc. these days...
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6503 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2017 :  09:31:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Btw I liked last week's Tartar episode too. More comedic but some great parts that made it a cool episode anyway. I hadn't seen that one for quite a while. I saw next week is a good one too...Night of the Braine!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2017 :  14:25:07  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Yes the great EMMA AWARD winning episode!! I like this one a lot. I'm watching it now on dvr and the editing is really not bad. Back in the 80s when it was on here in Los Angeles on KHJ Channel 9 5 to 7 days a week, cuts were far worse than what ME-TV is doing. So I'm fine with it. Full extended versions of every TV show or movie can only be seen on dvd, Blu-ray etc. these days...

oh, yeah...

TNOT BRAIN is a fun one.

Corny in spots but it has one of my all-time favorite fades to commercial right after Jim gets catapulted into the ceiling and the woman is sad and bows her head

good music there too
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit
SS 1st assignment - desk job

483 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2017 :  09:37:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

TNOT BRAIN is a fun one.

Corny in spots but it has one of my all-time favorite fades to commercial right after Jim gets catapulted into the ceiling and the woman is sad and bows her head

good music there too

Yes, you nailed it. I love this episode.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2017 :  12:35:21  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
watched TNOT BRAIN last night

a fun episode

Me TV cut out the entire scene where Braine takes out one of his own guards for having a missing button

Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2017 :  15:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always thought that the real leaders' reaction to the explosion made no sense - a shrug and then back to business. Really?

Really bad lip synching in this ep!

Nydiva
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2017 :  16:51:57  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I always thought that the real leaders' reaction to the explosion made no sense - a shrug and then back to business. Really?

Really bad lip synching in this ep!

yes, the real President Grant and the other leaders did not seem too concerned about the underground explosion.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2017 :  08:52:28  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was finally able to sit down to watch part of this one! I love this show.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2017 :  14:09:23  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

it is a great show

and the fans of this old show all seem to be SUPER COOL

Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2017 :  16:52:37  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Deadly Bubble was on tonight.
An okay episode.
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  05:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

An okay episode.

I like Deadly Bubble for a couple of reasons, mostly to do with Alfred Ryder. In addition to having been an exceptional actor his looks remind me of all the Danish men from my dad's side of the family when I was growing up. The kelp vs. brandy comments were priceless, as well as the quick change of emotions when Artie was admonished, and Artie's ability to accept a rebuke without getting all 'disrespected', just quietly lose this battle but later win the war.
A bit of a copy of the scary moments from the 1930's Frankenstein near the end, when Ryder's face kept popping up with moving bits of machinery, which I always found scary from the original Frankenstein, in the windmill.
Now, in the small room where they are to be cooked in steam, well..."We've only got five minutes"...huh? How does he know that? Maybe it'll be two...or ten...? Oh well. And the metal door is too hot to touch, but let me pick up these metal chains, they're not too hot. In fact, they don't appear to even be warm...but I nit pick. A highly enjoyable episode.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  08:59:18  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

it is a great show

and the fans of this old show all seem to be SUPER COOL

Well, yeah!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2017 :  09:01:22  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bornin62

quote:

An okay episode.

I like Deadly Bubble for a couple of reasons, mostly to do with Alfred Ryder. In addition to having been an exceptional actor his looks remind me of all the Danish men from my dad's side of the family when I was growing up. The kelp vs. brandy comments were priceless, as well as the quick change of emotions when Artie was admonished, and Artie's ability to accept a rebuke without getting all 'disrespected', just quietly lose this battle but later win the war.
A bit of a copy of the scary moments from the 1930's Frankenstein near the end, when Ryder's face kept popping up with moving bits of machinery, which I always found scary from the original Frankenstein, in the windmill.
Now, in the small room where they are to be cooked in steam, well..."We've only got five minutes"...huh? How does he know that? Maybe it'll be two...or ten...? Oh well. And the metal door is too hot to touch, but let me pick up these metal chains, they're not too hot. In fact, they don't appear to even be warm...but I nit pick. A highly enjoyable episode.

I missed this one...it started and my husband said we need to go to the grocery store. He was willing to let me stay home though

Interesting review bornin. I may put the DVD in to look at the Frankenstein copy. The chains...yeah. Lol!

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  10:46:38  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My all-time second-favorite episode is on tonight.

Hope that Me TV does not chop it up too much.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2017 :  17:05:47  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Watched it tonight. Me TV did not chop it up too much. What a fun episode. It was my #1 favorite for a long time but LIMBO took over the #1 spot a few years ago. SURREAL McCOY is a close second. It has it all...Humor, Loveless, Magic, Action, Music, and Lightnin' McCoy
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  05:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Enjoyed it thoroughly. One of my favorites as well. Love Artie's look of surprise as Jim disappears. If, if, if...I had to find any fault at all, and there really isn't any, it would be the laborious escape from the second floor window, which wasn't all that high anyway, but come on, are you trying to get away or get caught. Maybe he was trying to get caught? Always like when the good Doctor has the interest of his adversaries as he explains 'how he does it' because Loveless SO enjoys that they are curious. What a great cat and mouse relationship. Mutual respect.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  11:51:32  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Enjoyed it thoroughly. One of my favorites as well. Love Artie's look of surprise as Jim disappears. If, if, if...I had to find any fault at all, and there really isn't any, it would be the laborious escape from the second floor window, which wasn't all that high anyway, but come on, are you trying to get away or get caught. Maybe he was trying to get caught? Always like when the good Doctor has the interest of his adversaries as he explains 'how he does it' because Loveless SO enjoys that they are curious. What a great cat and mouse relationship. Mutual respect.

nice observations, bornin62

yes, not much to pick apart on this excellent episode

Too bad Whitey did not get a CLOSE-UP when Loveless introduced him as the fourth-fastest gun in the West

so many fun scenes in this one

really love the music as West arrives in the painting and during the shoot-out on the street with Artie/Lightnin' as they are talking

and...my favorite Artie line of the series, maybe when he tells the real Lightnin' McCoy that's he's Loveless' righthand man
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2017 :  05:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I was also thinking and thinking about who (whom?) the ambassador looked like and last night it hit me. Count Weasel from Frozen.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000