New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2017 :  17:01:30  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
COLONEL'S GHOST is up tomorrow night on Me TV.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2017 :  08:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be watching Roger. Great episode except for a few weak moments. But that haunting organ music that plays every time someone dies of a broken neck was chilling!! Like a horror movie.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2017 :  17:31:48  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

COLONEL'S GHOST is up tomorrow night on Me TV.

Artie had some funny scenes. I like when he said that he shot a Rattle Snake between the eyes.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2017 :  08:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I liked that episode very much. I had to dvr it to watch it a couple hours later. I may watch it again today. Great episode!!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2017 :  15:40:52  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Yes I liked that episode very much. I had to dvr it to watch it a couple hours later. I may watch it again today. Great episode!!

it was fun

did you catch SURREAL McCoy last week?
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2017 :  05:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love when the Colonel turns around from the organ. Great, sinister, creepy smile. And we have the great Kathie Browne (Mrs. Darren McGavin, who is my favorite actor of all time) playing the poor little beaten down lady, or is she? Love the ending and remember when I saw it the first time that I never thought of the gold being in the statue, although it seems the obvious first place to look only after it is revealed.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2017 :  05:47:26  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bornin62

Love when the Colonel turns around from the organ. Great, sinister, creepy smile. And we have the great Kathie Browne (Mrs. Darren McGavin, who is my favorite actor of all time) playing the poor little beaten down lady, or is she? Love the ending and remember when I saw it the first time that I never thought of the gold being in the statue, although it seems the obvious first place to look only after it is revealed.

fascinating

did not know that she was Darren McGavin's wife
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  08:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

it was fun

Yes Roger I sure did. Also a great episode but I didn't write about it that week. I've seen and dvr'd every episode since ME-TV got it back in Sept. Tonight is Deadly Blossom...not a favorite but ok. Only a few left till Season 3 begins....
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  11:00:20  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

it was fun

Yes Roger I sure did. Also a great episode but I didn't write about it that week. I've seen and dvr'd every episode since ME-TV got it back in Sept. Tonight is Deadly Blossom...not a favorite but ok. Only a few left till Season 3 begins....

Looking forward to some really great Season 3 episodes including DEATH MASKS, DR. LOVELESS DIED, HANG MAN, and others.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  15:52:48  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

it was fun

Looking forward to some really great Season 3 episodes including DEATH MASKS, DR. LOVELESS DIED, HANG MAN, and others.

Dieter, wouldn't you like to have one of the prop rockets from Deadly Blossom sitting in your living room along with the prop torpedo from Kraken? Nice colorful conversation pieces.
Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
557 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  17:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although Blossom is not one of my faves, it does contain my favorite piece of acting by Ross. I refer to the scene where he questions the sailor.

First, he's puzzled about how to proceed, then he thinks of an idea which may cause harm to the patient. He clearly shows his regret, following by the fact that it had to be done. Then there's this quick blink of surprise when his tactic works. All without a word - a true master class in acting.

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  17:51:06  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nydiva

Although Blossom is not one of my faves, it does contain my favorite piece of acting by Ross. I refer to the scene where he questions the sailor.

First, he's puzzled about how to proceed, then he thinks of an idea which may cause harm to the patient. He clearly shows his regret, following by the fact that it had to be done. Then there's this quick blink of surprise when his tactic works. All without a word - a true master class in acting.

Yes, RM did put a lot into his performances in each episode.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2017 :  18:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

RC and RM were so perfectly cast to play Jim West and Artemus Gordon.
No other actors could have done it.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  08:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

it was fun

Dieter, wouldn't you like to have one of the prop rockets from Deadly Blossom sitting in your living room along with the prop torpedo from Kraken? Nice colorful conversation pieces.

Oh yes for sure I would love one of those along side all my other WWW collectibles haha. Maybe a smaller version replica would fit better inside though. They were pretty big!!

BTW I loved Deadly Blossom last night. I forgot how good it really was. Excellent episode I just may catch again today. The 3rd bumper freeze frame music was the only time that ever appeared and was fast drum beats and sounded so cool. Jim and the girl tied up under the swinging guillotine was a great scene too!! Awesome episode I thought!!
Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
557 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2017 :  09:56:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

RC and RM were so perfectly cast to play Jim West and Artemus Gordon.
No other actors could have done it.

As much as I adore RM, even I think the roles could have been assayed successfully by other actors. Of course it wouldn't have been exactly the same, but a different dynamic could certainly have worked.

For instance, I've been watching an old program on GetTV called "The Outcasts" which starred Don Murray (a very special favorite of mine). He would have been sensational as James West - in a different way. Don is equally handsome and has a wider range of vulnerability and humor. As for Artie - I've sometimes wondered how none other than Nehemiah Persoff would have tackled the role. An excellent actor and rather a chameleon as well.

I could picture Jim West as more of a loose cannon with Artie sometimes having to reign him in. Could work.

Nydiva
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2017 :  15:26:23  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
watching CADRE right now

it is the episode that Sue's talented friend got a lot of the music from for that really funny Claymation commercial for her book a few years ago

not a bad episode
better than I remember it

I like to Google the actors and writers and directors as I watch shows and movies. When I Googled the actress who played Josephine I found out that she was born on the exact DAY and YEAR as my late dad
fascinating...
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  08:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't get a chance to watch it yet but had the dvr set to record it. So I'll be turning it on in just a few minutes to watch. Next week comes Night of the Wolf.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2017 :  16:11:41  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didn't get a chance to watch it yet but had the dvr set to record it. So I'll be turning it on in just a few minutes to watch. Next week comes Night of the Wolf.

Coming up this week...

THE NIGHT OF THE WOLF
(AKA THE NIGHT OF THE GERMAN SHEPHERD STUNT DOGS)

Will definitely be watching if I am home.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2017 :  19:03:48  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Coming up this week...

THE NIGHT OF THE WOLF

and, on March 18 we get THE NIGHT OF THE BOGUS BANDITS

I have always enjoyed this episode, even if Loveless does not use any magic or scientific genius

funny scene in Loveless' "school" when he asks his students who wants to kill James West and they all shoot their hands up real fast
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  18:45:45  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Coming up this week...

THE NIGHT OF THE WOLF

and, on March 18 we get THE NIGHT OF THE BOGUS BANDITS

I have always enjoyed this episode, even if Loveless does not use any magic or scientific genius

funny scene in Loveless' "school" when he asks his students who wants to kill James West and they all shoot their hands up real fast

TNOT WOLF was fun to watch. Not a favorite, but it is fun to watch episodes that I have not watched in years. When I watch them on DVD I always watch my favorites like LIMBO, SURREAL McCoy, DEATHMASKS, TONTINE, BIG BLACKMAIL, DR. LOVELESS DIED, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2017 :  19:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm watching it right now....great episode! Gotta love those wolves haha
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2017 :  08:59:25  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm watching it right now....great episode! Gotta love those wolves haha

hee hee

I like the bumper with Jim in a mining cart wrestling with a stuffed animal wolf

a fun episode

next up...

BOGUS BANDITS (a personal favorite)
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2017 :  17:44:06  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BOGUS BANDITS is up tomorrow.

If I'm home tomorrow night (and I probably will be) I'll be watching this one.

Even though Loveless does not employ his usual science and magic it is still one of my favorite Loveless episodes. Some funny scenes.

Here is how Me TV describes tomorrow night's TWWW...

4/7/1967
Ep 56: The Night of the Bogus Bandits
Dr. Loveless is back with another plan to take over the world. This time he is using mock-ups of the treasury, prisons and armories to train his men to be able to take over these resources upon his command. After gaining control, Loveless will be instituted as dictator. However, his plan to get rid of West and Gordon goes foul and soon the agents are in hot pursuit of the little villain.
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1224 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2017 :  12:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

BOGUS BANDITS is up tomorrow.

If I'm home tomorrow night (and I probably will be) I'll be watching this one.

Even though Loveless does not employ his usual science and magic it is still one of my favorite Loveless episodes. Some funny scenes.

Here is how Me TV describes tomorrow night's TWWW...

4/7/1967
Ep 56: The Night of the Bogus Bandits
Dr. Loveless is back with another plan to take over the world. This time he is using mock-ups of the treasury, prisons and armories to train his men to be able to take over these resources upon his command. After gaining control, Loveless will be instituted as dictator. However, his plan to get rid of West and Gordon goes foul and soon the agents are in hot pursuit of the little villain.

Man! Could they possibly have given away any more of the plot???

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2017 :  16:27:15  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Season 3 begins this Saturday.

THE NIGHT OF THE BUBBLING DEATH is up first.

Looking forward to some good and fun episodes to come.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6497 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  08:01:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely looking forward to Season 3 with Bubbling Death being an excellent choice as the Season Premier, even though the more Westerny Jack O' Diamonds was the first one filmed. Both are terrific though so looking forward to 6pm today!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  08:27:24  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Definitely looking forward to Season 3 with Bubbling Death being an excellent choice as the Season Premier, even though the more Westerny Jack O' Diamonds was the first one filmed. Both are terrific though so looking forward to 6pm today!

so many good episodes in Season 3 to look forward to
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  16:19:40  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

so many good episodes in Season 3 to look forward to

Watched the whole thing.

It was a good choice for first episode of Season 3.

Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
557 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  17:33:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ross got a bit carried away with Artie's first disguise, didn't he? But I loved the tag when he held Arabella and was gently stroking her breast with one finger. Sweet touch.

Nydiva
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4348 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2017 :  17:52:15  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ross got a bit carried away with Artie's first disguise, didn't he? But I loved the tag when he held Arabella and was gently stroking her breast with one finger. Sweet touch.

[8D]I noticed how good he was with Arabella too.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000