New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2017 :  17:44:09  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TNOT IRON FIST tonight.

Not the best episode, but not the worst.

Lots of fun in this episode.

The actress who appeared in TONTINE was in this one and the actor who appeared in PIE PLATE was also in this one along with the actor who played the "leading heavy-weight contender" in TONTINE was in this one too

a nice episode to have playing in the background as you are on the computer doing other things

Season 3 had a lot of good and great episodes
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  08:03:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched Iron Fist last night too and slways did like it. Very enjoyable episode, yet true not one of the best. Had a couple of slow moments maybe. But ME-TV did take a big chunk out of the sandstorm I noticed after the last commercial break!! I totally liked that scene always!!
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2017 :  08:09:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW I haven't finished watching last week's Turncoat yet. Started it but need to finish. I got busy but will watch it on my dvr maybe today.

Next week is Running Death, a total favorite of mine! Ive always loved that episode. Loaded with awesome fight scenes, especially the bar fight where RC nearly killed Red West when he smashed him into that piano!
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit
SS 1st assignment - desk job

483 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  09:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TNOT Iron Fist

Excellent interior train shots, good action scenes and Ross was great, of course.

Funny, I kept waiting for another seance, only this time with a Russian accent, but it never happened.

Good, fun episode.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  12:15:28  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SordoTheBandit

TNOT Iron Fist

Excellent interior train shots, good action scenes and Ross was great, of course.

Funny, I kept waiting for another seance, only this time with a Russian accent, but it never happened.

Good, fun episode.

funny about the seance

yes, two TONTINE actors in this fun episode
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

483 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2017 :  12:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget, this Saturday night on MeTV, The Night Of The Running Death.

One of my favorites episodes from the 3rd season. I know, it's a 'Western', but a bizarre one.

Enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2017 :  09:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

One of my favorites episodes from the 3rd season. I know, it's a 'Western', but a bizarre one.

Enjoy.

Same here Sordo. As I posted above, this is definitely one of my favorites. For sure one of the best of Season 3! I'll be watching tonight! Better not chop it up much!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2017 :  16:29:02  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

quote:

Enjoy.

Same here Sordo. As I posted above, this is definitely one of my favorites. For sure one of the best of Season 3! I'll be watching tonight! Better not chop it up much!

Watched the whole episode tonight. I do believe that Jim got punched more in this episode than in any other. And, there is the reference to THUNDERBALL at the end of this one when Jim punches the "woman."

Glad that most of us here on this forum have Me TV and can watch the same episode together and comment on it.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2017 :  09:29:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I just finished watching the rest of Running Death on dvr and still say it's one of the absolute BEST episodes. And throughout the ep I never noticed any cuts at all. It was complete and awesome all the way. Then... Id have to say was the best scene to cut...the poker scene!! It ended the way it should have ended. That was perfect after Artie tasted the cherry jubilee with molasses. The poker scene ended up on ME-TV's cutting room floor and I don't mind that at all haha
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

483 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2017 :  13:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fight scenes, outdoor shots, good music, Miss Tyler and Mr. Kingston, it's all here waiting for you. Ross Martin was excellent as always. And wow, Princess Silva.

Fun, fun episode, tons of fights and adventure. That bald waiter was fun too. Now I know where Bozo the Clown got his ideas from.

Well, I have to go now, I have a lunch date. Today, it's going to be broiled chicken (skinless), some fresh broccoli, potato wedges and red wine. And for desert it's going to be some cherries jubilee with molasses. We found a quaint little restaurant off the beaten path called The Topaz. I found out our cooks name is Dierdre. There's even a small card room in the back. I can't wait. See ya, gotta go.

Happy safe 4th everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2017 :  17:06:44  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I just finished watching the rest of Running Death on dvr and still say it's one of the absolute BEST episodes. And throughout the ep I never noticed any cuts at all. It was complete and awesome all the way. Then... Id have to say was the best scene to cut...the poker scene!! It ended the way it should have ended. That was perfect after Artie tasted the cherry jubilee with molasses. The poker scene ended up on ME-TV's cutting room floor and I don't mind that at all haha

a really fun episode
you know what, even though my two favorite episodes are from Season 2 (Limbo and Surreal McCoy) I am now ready to say that Season 3 is my new favorite season of the series
so many really good episodes
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2017 :  17:07:58  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fight scenes, outdoor shots, good music, Miss Tyler and Mr. Kingston, it's all here waiting for you. Ross Martin was excellent as always. And wow, Princess Silva.

Fun, fun episode, tons of fights and adventure. That bald waiter was fun too. Now I know where Bozo the Clown got his ideas from.

Well, I have to go now, I have a lunch date. Today, it's going to be broiled chicken (skinless), some fresh broccoli, potato wedges and red wine. And for desert it's going to be some cherries jubilee with molasses. We found a quaint little restaurant off the beaten path called The Topaz. I found out our cooks name is Dierdre. There's even a small card room in the back. I can't wait. See ya, gotta go.

Happy safe 4th everyone.

Happy 4th, Sordo!
funny and good review of the episode above :)
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1250 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2017 :  17:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my favorite parts of Running Death comes just before the big bar fight. Jim and Artie have just talked to Miss Tyler, and as she is driven away, they turn to head into the bar. Watch Ross as he shifts his hat from one hand to the other - BAM! He goes from being Artie to being Kingston practically in midstep! He doesn't have to say a word; the way he's walking shows which character he is. Marvelous acting!

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

483 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  10:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, a very good example, Niecie. He had to switch back and forth whenever he spoke in private to Mr. West.

Another example is when 'Mr. Kingston' introduced everyone towards the beginning of the show. He made his character so enthusiastic.

Ross certainly was an excellent actor.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  17:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

quote:

a really fun episode
you know what, even though my two favorite episodes are from Season 2 (Limbo and Surreal McCoy) I am now ready to say that Season 3 is my new favorite season of the series

Would you believe I've watched ME-TV's airing of Running Death about 10 times now haha!! They aired it perfect with the commercial breaks and ended it the wsy it should have ended in the first place by deleting those extra few minutes of playing poker. Best cut job they did so far. Now Running Death is a 10 out of 10 IMO.

But next week comes Night of the Arrow, which unfortunately won't rate nearly as high as Running Death for me....
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  17:55:54  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

a really fun episode

Would you believe I've watched ME-TV's airing of Running Death about 10 times now haha!! They aired it perfect with the commercial breaks and ended it the wsy it should have ended in the first place by deleting those extra few minutes of playing poker. Best cut job they did so far. Now Running Death is a 10 out of 10 IMO.

But next week comes Night of the Arrow, which unfortunately won't rate nearly as high as Running Death for me....

Yes, TNOT ARROW is one I just will not watch. Such a lemon in the middle of so many really-good and great episodes in Season 3.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

483 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  10:37:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never really understood that poker scene at the end. It seemed like it never fit in with the rest of the storyline. It always left me a bit puzzled.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2017 :  20:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I never really understood that poker scene at the end. It seemed like it never fit in with the rest of the storyline. It always left me a bit puzzled.

Exactly...same here! And that's why I was real happy how ME-TV cut that out to give it the much better ending it deserved. That's where I always thought it should have ended in the first place.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

483 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  09:04:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I watched 'The Night of the Arrow'. It was good, probably not one of my favorites, but all in all a good time was had. After all, you still get Ross Martin out of the deal so it's worth it to me.

Then I went over to the Walmart to get some fiber laxative and they had a large display of parasols on an end cap. As I walked by, it somehow didn't sit well with me, I just couldn't put my finger on it, but I felt a little uneasy. All I could think of was, "this little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy had roast beef and this little piggy had....."

I felt much better once I took my fiber laxative.
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1250 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  11:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Y'know, it irked me so much that Aimee got away at the end of TNOT Arrow that I wrote a fanfic. You can find at fanfiction.net if you're interested. It's in a collection of stories called 'Majoring on the Minor,' Chapter Five.

Niecie

I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  11:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched most of Arrow yesterday too and actually liked it...There were some really great parts that I forgot were in that episode. I'm going to finish watching it today...I guess the main part I thought I wouldn't like was what it was all about...but they actually made it a very entertaining hour. I missed about 20 minutes towards the end, but love the ending with President Grant in the train!
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1250 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  12:29:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I watched most of Arrow yesterday too and actually liked it...There were some really great parts that I forgot were in that episode. I'm going to finish watching it today...I guess the main part I thought I wouldn't like was what it was all about...but they actually made it a very entertaining hour. I missed about 20 minutes towards the end, but love the ending with President Grant in the train!

Ah, the lickety kiss! (Watch Artie's date as they go into the clinch.)

Niecie

I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2017 :  08:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes niecie that one haha. Great ending to a pretty good ep...way better than I thought from last time I watched it.

Now tonight is Headless Woman which I'm not sure if it was better or worse than Arrow. I forget which one I liked more. Still good I'm sure!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2017 :  15:13:51  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HEADLESS WOMAN on right now.

A fun episode that I have not seen for a long time.

Lots of outside scenes.

Good bumper music.

Forgot that Mary-Ann from GILLIGAN'S ISLAND was in this one.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2017 :  16:36:04  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

HEADLESS WOMAN on right now.

A fun episode that I have not seen for a long time.

Lots of outside scenes.

Good bumper music.

Forgot that Mary-Ann from GILLIGAN'S ISLAND was in this one.

also the episode with the MOST mannequins
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

483 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2017 :  18:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Night of the Headless Woman

"Welcome to the club, Mr. West."

Mannequins
Boll Weevils
James West stunts
Artemus Gordon's old sailor
Theo Marcuse
Good Music
Gods Adventure

And to top it off, I got Mary Ann with no Gilligan. It worked for me. I had fun.

Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2017 :  09:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah...Headless Woman was a terrific one!! Started off Westerny but then went all around Wild in a variety of places. Great action and Artie on the waterfront as the old man sailor was pretty funny! Great Great episode!!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2017 :  15:45:08  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh yeah...Headless Woman was a terrific one!! Started off Westerny but then went all around Wild in a variety of places. Great action and Artie on the waterfront as the old man sailer was pretty funny! Great Great episode!!

Yes, that was one of Artie's funnier characters there as the old sailor.
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6502 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  08:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ended up watching Headless Woman 3 times off ME-TV this weekend on dvr haha...I'm not sure what scenes may have been cut. It was fine as is to me but should watch it on dvd to check.

Next up is Night of the Vipers! Another awesome episode!!
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4360 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2017 :  12:40:26  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I ended up watching Headless Woman 3 times off ME-TV this weekend on dvr haha...I'm not sure what scenes may have been cut. It was fine as is to me but should watch it on dvd to check.

Next up is Night of the Vipers! Another awesome episode!!

and, after that DEATHMASKS and AMNESIAC

yeah!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000