OT...R.I.P. Robert Vaughn
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5999 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  13:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shocked when I saw this. Robert Vaughn passed away. I feel sad. I liked The man from U.N.C.L.E. Now my fantasy ep of NCIS with RV being on with DM will never take place.

beerbad
SS novice field agent

701 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  10:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only in TV heaven and in our dreams, chibbi.

"I abhor spirits, they make a man less than human" - Dr. Loveless, The Night That Terror Stalked the Town
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

701 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  10:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know he had passed until I saw a memorial on ME TV a couple of days ago,

which is what happens when I don't get on this site as much as I should. Thanks for posting this.

Man From Uncle is on Heroes and Icons now, very early in the morning. Heroes and Icons must be a companion network to ME since the nshows go back and between the two. Superman is on H&I also.

"I abhor spirits, they make a man less than human" - Dr. Loveless, The Night That Terror Stalked the Town
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2016 :  07:40:12  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My husband and I were sad to hear this. Man From U.N.C.L.E. is a show he enjoys. I watch it, but not with the relish that others do.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

701 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  08:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man From Uncle was a good bit like The Wild Wild West, IMHO.

Government agents take on villains that want to rule the world; partners with a wry sense of humor; lots of action.

Go to Top of Page

Cindylover1969
SS novice field agent

United Kingdom
1269 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  00:04:08  Show Profile  Visit Cindylover1969's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beerbad

Man From Uncle was a good bit like The Wild Wild West, IMHO.

Don't you mean vice versa, since The Man From U.N.C.L.E. did come first?

"Make them both as uncomfortable as possible." - Marquis de la Mer, "The Night of the Watery Death"
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

701 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2016 :  10:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I wasn't thinking in terms of who came first. They are both eternally young to me. I was 10 years old when WWW first came on and I don't even remember the first year of Man From Uncle, I don't think we could receive the broadcast out in the country, we didn't have a NBC provider. Our one local channel did show some NBC; I remember Bonanza being on. But, it was primarily a CBS channel. I think that's one reason I enjoy classic TV so much. I missed some of it.

But, anyway, I was just comparing the content of the shows. Not when they came on. WWW is also like Brisco County, Jr. although 25 years separated them.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000