TNOT Lord of Limbo - Music
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scriptor
Secret Service recruit

2 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2018 :  14:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after the beginning of this episode and opening credits, there is a beautiful piece of music ... one of the prettiest pieces from the series ... does anyone know anything about this musical piece? who composed it? it's name? etc. ... I just call it Beautiful Tune and as a kid, I arranged it on guitar ... I don't think it is included on the new soundtrack offering (at least not judging by the track listings) ... I was able to record a snippet of it from the DVD release but I couldn't remove sound effects from it that way ...

I know this is a long shot ... I'm new to the forum but a long, long time fan of the show ... happy to be among good friends ... thanks.

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4381 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2018 :  17:26:46  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the site, scriptor.

Check out this Facebook site for The Wild Wild West. They have nearly 5,000 members. Maybe a few of them can answer your question below. Here is the LINK to the Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1512706515447472/?fref=nf
Go to Top of Page

scriptor
Secret Service recruit

2 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2018 :  19:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks ... I'm waiting to be accepted ... I will post my question there and see ... as I said, it's a long shot ... not really expecting much info ... but hey, who knows?
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4381 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2018 :  04:49:04  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scriptor

Thanks ... I'm waiting to be accepted ... I will post my question there and see ... as I said, it's a long shot ... not really expecting much info ... but hey, who knows?

LIMBO is my personal all-time favorite episode.

Great music.
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3804 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  21:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have it on good authority that the cue was composed for a Gunsmoke episode by Jerry Goldsmith. That explains why it's so lovely.
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit
SS 1st assignment - desk job

494 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  12:55:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad there's other people who appreciate the music of that show. I've always felt the same about that particular composition and have wondered who the composer was.

'Music Supervision by Morton Stevens' doesn't tell us much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000