Sad news
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8586 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2018 :  18:05:01  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was just posted on facebook that our friend Dieter passed away today. His son Brian posted on his dads fb page. They think a stroke or aneurysm. When I know more I will share.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8417 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2018 :  08:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, no! Oh my goodness! Dieter was a long time member here. I recall how helpful he was in sharing video copies of episodes before the series came out on DVD. My thoughts and sympathies to his family and friend.

Thanks for letting us know, Apple. Sometimes people "disappear" from boards like this and we have no idea.

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3803 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2018 :  21:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rest in peace, Dieter. We shall miss your exuberance for The Wild Wild West, but, even more, we shall miss you.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8586 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2018 :  05:48:02  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dieter's family is in need of funds for his final expenses. If you feel inclined there is a Go Fund Me account set up for them.

https://www.gofundme.com/final-expenses-for-dieter-epping

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

BlackSheepOne
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2018 :  11:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I was last on here.
Rather amusingly, I had to remember my username and password
to sign in but I finally did. I have written them both down
for future reference. My apologies first of all for not having
posted in so long. Been busy with what I call "real-life", work,
etc. and working on the DVD collection in my limited spare time.

Now on a far more serious note, I was recently informed by another
member Laura Shulse that our friend Dieter Epping passed away
earlier this week. This as no doubt did to everyone else on
this board came as a complete unexpected unpleasant surprise
and a total shock. Dieter and I occasionally exchanged E-mails
back and forth and we talked about classic TV shows especially
our favorites WWW and Black Sheep and our respective DVD collecting.
He was always very nice and understanding of me
even though I have a strong tendency to write long E-mails
or posts which not all people appreciate but he was one of
the special individuals who did. Dieter, you were a good
friend to us all and I will greatly miss you as I'm pretty
sure everyone else here will as well. May you find peace
my friend. My condolences to his family. We share your grief.

I will try to post here more often than I have in past.

blacksheepone

Jim Smallwood
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8417 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2018 :  14:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dieter mentioned a few times that he resembled RC, and the pictures posted on the GoFundMe page bear that out. Love the ones of him with his son. I also remember how warmly he spoke of that son. I wish I was in a position to contribute more.

Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8586 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2018 :  18:27:55  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This thread is breaking my heart. Dieter warmly welcomed me to this forum in 2007. I will miss him immensely.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1324 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2018 :  11:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am absolutely stunned! No more chatting with Dieter? I don't know what to say; I'm crying as I type.

How old was our friend, anyway? Much too young, no matter what!

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8586 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2018 :  12:00:57  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dieter turned 56 on January 6.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4381 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2018 :  13:13:42  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nittanyapple

Dieter's family is in need of funds for his final expenses. If you feel inclined there is a Go Fund Me account set up for them.

https://www.gofundme.com/final-expenses-for-dieter-epping

Apple, thank you for sharing this link.

I contributed some and shared the link on my Facebook.

Thank you to everyone who contributed money to Dieter's family. ANY amount will help a lot.

So shocking to hear this news from his son on Facebook. I had just been chatting with Dieter on the Facebook fan page about recent episodes. None of us are promised tomorrow and need to be ready to stand before God someday. I am ready because of what His Son, Jesus did for me when he died on the cross and paid for all of my terrible sins and rose from the dead.

Sobering sad week. Dieter will sure be missed by us here and at the Facebook fan page and by his family and friends.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8586 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2018 :  14:15:17  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're welcome, Roger. I am going to donate as well, because there is nothing else I can do, except pray for his family and all of us who will mourn him. Because I am mourning his loss. A person I never met will be missed immensely.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

ArtemusFan

USA
405 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2018 :  19:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have seen his name on posts for years and years. So sad that he went so young.
Go to Top of Page

blacksheepbrat64
SS novice field agent

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  08:26:29  Show Profile  Visit blacksheepbrat64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I first joined this in 2007, Dieter was one of the ones who welcomed me. He'll be missed. Prayers for all!

BSB64
"If you want to keep that peaches and cream complexion, you'd better tell us how to open that elevator!"
Jim to Triste in TN Dr. Loveless Died

Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit

493 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  08:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dieter,

Thank you for being a member of this forum and sharing your wonderful enthusiasm for our favorite television show.

I enjoyed talking with you on various threads here over the years including the MeTV thread. Your posts will be missed.

My heart goes out to his family. I am so sorry for their loss. I feel like I have just lost a friend.
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

740 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  10:00:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I lost two family members in January. We counted up the number of funerals we have been to in the last 10 years and between family, church family and a few friends we counted nearly 50. Our age is starting to catch up to us. But, like Roger, I believe we will all see each other again. Even if we never met personally, I am happy Dieter touched our lives and I hope we touched his as well.

God speed, Dieter. We love you.

"I abhor spirits, they make a man less than human" - Dr. Loveless, The Night That Terror Stalked the Town
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8586 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  14:42:25  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beerbad, I agree. We will see him again...and we do love him.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8586 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  19:55:33  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been in communication with Brian and his mom. If you can, please donate to the Go Fund Me account. Brian needs help to lay his dad to rest...he is just 20 years old and I believe Dieter didn't have life insurance.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8586 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  21:19:30  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From Dieter's son, Brian

I just left the funeral home giving them the okay to go ahead with cremation for my dad Dieter Epping after I dropped off some clothes. I have to say that going there the other day and handing them my debit card to pay for this just felt so wrong in so many ways but it definitely was a hell of a lot easier thanks to everyone who helped out and donated. Thank you again #10084;#65039;

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Col. Richmond (SS Director)

USA
1899 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  15:43:31  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is really sad news. Having recently gone through a similar experience, I feel for Dieter's son.

Rest in Peace, Dieter.

-Yours in (secret) service,

------------->>>>> <<<<<-------------
Colonel Richmond, SS Director

admin@wildwildwest.org
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8586 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2018 :  14:55:04  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

This is really sad news. Having recently gone through a similar experience, I feel for Dieter's son.

Rest in Peace, Dieter.

Oh, I am sorry to hear that Admin.

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000